Storage of medicines at temperatures of 32 to 34 degrees Celsius?

zenobit

Since the last Covid infection, my wife has been suffering from chronic frontal sinusitis, which unfortunately gets worse by using the air conditioner all the time. Therefore also in the current horror heat, we only use fans during the day and the air conditioner in the bedroom at night.

This now results in our house being between 32 and 34 degrees Celsius during the day ... which makes a new problem for me:
As a back pain patient, I am dependent at irregular intervals on taking certain medicines that are not available everywhere on an uncomplicated way (Tramadol, Amitriptyline, etc.).
I always have a supply of these in my cupboard and am now worried about storage, as the medication should NOT be stored at more than 23 degrees Celsius.

Might I be better off storing the medication in the vegetable compartment of the fridge or are there any other options? I am grateful for any serious suggestions. ????

3 hours ago, zenobit said:

Might I be better off storing the medication in the vegetable compartment of the fridge or are there any other options? I am grateful for any serious suggestions. ????

Yes.

Applies to most medicines.

Some injectables shouldn't be kept in a fridge,  it will be written on the package. 

Most packages say something like "store between 8°C and 25°C", this temperature interval does not exist here, even running a/c.

Having said that, I never had problems when I stored medicine outside the fridge. Avoid the hottest places, like under the roof.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

While 23 C may be optimal most meds can be stored at up to 30C especially for short periods.

Using the crisper (vegetable) compartment of refrigerator is an option as that is nto as cold.

Thank you for your professional opinion on the subject, Sheryl. ????