Retirement visa from an agent

12,500 for agent in Pattaya, ( need be in person)
16,000-28,000 if NOT in Pattaya, (need mail to...)
in Phuket have gotten prices from 22,000-28,000 yet NON use Phuket immigration.

For 1 year extensions, NOT Non O

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2023 at 2:05 PM, charleskerins said:

Your question is of great interest to me. I am on a 90 day visa scheduled to return to United States middle of next week, I am scheduled to meet with an agent on Monday at bank in Bangkok and then immigration 35000 thb.Don’t really mind the price but I am tied to the agent for all further renewals???? TIA

When you used a Fixer Agent to circumvent the financial requirements when applying for your Non Imm O (retirement) Visa or 1-year extensions, you are indeed effectively 'hooked' by the Agent.  And you would have to make use of his service again for any future 1-year extensions, as you would not be able to provide evidence that you met the financial conditions under which your Permission to Stay was provided. The quickest way to break free from the Agent is to exit Thailand without a Re-Entry Permit as that will invalidate your Permission to stay, and it will allow you to apply again with a blank slate.

• Thanks 2

if u use an agent this year, no big deal for the next year
Start the 1 year in advance sending 65,000 Bhat/month>
Next year use ur bank statement  at ur next extension>
ur free from an agent. 

On 8/17/2023 at 9:38 PM, NoDisplayName said:

You're a hostage to your current agent.  Your visa and extension are technically valid, but not legal according to regulations as written.  You won't be able to renew yourself as you're not registered with immigration where you live, and you haven't maintained the required bank balance.  Only options are continue with agent, or exit the country and get a new visa in a neighboring country, or come back with a waiver and apply for a visa at immigration.

If you try to move to a different agent, you'll be starting out as a new customer paying full price and will have the same problem.  You'll just be hostage to the new agent.

Don’t you have a year to show a balance of 400k or the 65000 monthly? Why would you be a hostage to the agent?

11 hours ago, charleskerins said:

He drives a Honda suv very unpretentious 

i suspect mr big may not even live in pattaya as the food chain likely goes all the way to bangkok...and if he is mr big in pattaya probably a good idea to not ride around in bmw and flash rolexs as some of the "public servants" seem to do...if he does not receive any share of the $$ being handed over by the agents to circumvent the rules i would be amazed as there is indeed a lot of $$ changing hands there .

On 8/21/2023 at 8:31 PM, pomchop said:

i suspect mr big may not even live in pattaya as the food chain likely goes all the way to bangkok...and if he is mr big in pattaya probably a good idea to not ride around in bmw and flash rolexs as some of the "public servants" seem to do...if he does not receive any share of the $$ being handed over by the agents to circumvent the rules i would be amazed as there is indeed a lot of $$ changing hands there .

Pattaya? Bangkok 

On 8/21/2023 at 9:09 AM, DrJack54 said:

Because when you go for next extension immigration look back over the previous 12 months either by looking at your bankbook or Bank Statements.

If you used an agent the financial requirements are not met. 

It's a retrospective check (12 months) 

Hmmmm

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

My agent helped with my retirement extension just yesterday in Bangkok and charged me 3000. I'm doing the 800K in the bank thing. On the occasions that I can't do my 90 day online he charges me 500 and comes to my condo to pick up and drop off the passport again. I think you're getting seriously ripped off, friend ????

• Thanks 1