Nearly 5-meter-long Python Slithers Across Road Near Famous Mall

webfact

image.jpeg

Udon Thani - On August 18, 2023, Mr. Veeraphon Raksamawong, the admin of the  Ban Dung District Facebook page, was alerted by a driver near Big C Ban Dung that a massive python was about to slither onto the road towards the mall. Concerned about public panic, he rushed to the scene with a team of three to assist in capturing the snake.

Upon arrival, they found a gigantic nearly 5-meter-long python making its way from one side of the road to the other, heading towards the mall, reported Siam Rath.

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

The team collaborated to capture it, as the python resisted and tried to escape. After a short struggle, they successfully secured the snake and placed it in a wooden box to later release it into the nearby lush forest.

Veeraphon stated, "In the Ban Dung area of Nakhakhamcha Nakhon, large pythons are quite common, often appearing to the villagers almost monthly.

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

We have received reports of capturing at least 20 pythons. However, the frequent emergence of these pythons raises questions about whether there's a natural phenomenon prompting wildlife to leave the forest for the town."

Top Picture: Siam Rath

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-08-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

In other news: -

Python complains about unjust detainment and removal.

In a statement Monty said "I was just heading to the mall for some shopping when I was jumped by a bunch of guys, bundled into a box, and dumped in the forest miles from anywhere. I may sue".

Wanted to see her family who became bags and boots

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Udon Thani - On August 18, 2023, Mr. Veeraphon Raksamawong, the admin of the  Ban Dung District Facebook page, was alerted by a driver near Big C Ban Dung that a massive python was about to slither onto the road towards the mall.

At least this time, they could identify the snake in a correct way, NOT saying it was another King Cobra, 55555

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

In other news: -

Python complains about unjust detainment and removal.

In a statement Monty said "I was just heading to the mall for some shopping when I was jumped by a bunch of guys, bundled into a box, and dumped in the forest miles from anywhere. I may sue".

The mall management bars entry to 'gigantic' and 'massive' snakes and anything under 5 metres in length. Monty must slim down and stretch to pass security.