Where to find whole cooked roast/rotisserie chicken?

TaiMaiTai

I've found this to be the most economical way to obtain an adequate amount of meat when eating out in Thailand, hence I'm looking for more of these places.

I know of a few places:

Are there any others?

Also, is there a Thai search term which would yield better results in google maps? I tried searching for "rotisserie chicken" and "roast chicken" but didn't get many results. I found a "Cherng Doi Roast Chicken" but when I went there they didn't have whole roasted chickens like at the other places I mentioned above.

I have seen rotisserie chicken in Big C in Hang Dong.  All I remember about the price is that it didn't seem unreasonable.

Edited by gamb00ler
oops omitted "didn't"
  • Thanks 1

That's one thing you'll have no problem finding in TH, grilled, roast or rotisserie chicken.

As suggested '5 star' should bring up plenty, though not all offer rotisserie chicken.

These are just a few that have been listed on Gmap:

image.png.4f3536899b036e27f64813cdf4617192.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TaiMaiTai said:

Big C (but I don't like the marination)

yes .... the taste is not so nice .... sometimes milky taste and they use oregano herbs to much.

Five star chickens is not really that great either,  it's chopped pieces sitting their all day shriveled and dry. 

I agree with @Kenny202 .... you need a good size rotisserie chook .....   one that's just come off the spike ....

image.png.67875804a7791d964fff4c57dc76f27c.png

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not really a fixed place or a place with a name, you just have to drive along and find places. When we used to live in sansai there was a local food seller who did it 3-4 times a week, it was very inexpensive and she sold it together with sticky rice and the nice sauces. Best chicken ever!

IMO boycot any chain places as much as possible. People who always eat that do not even know anymore what the real taste of food is like.

I guess if you brush your thai for the food, or you let someone write it down for you with a picture on your phone, and ask local places and people, you know soon enough!

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes its just some small incospicuous  side of the road fried chicken is best.  Crispy nd tasty. KFC no way.  Im guessing msg and coke are involved in recipe. As for whole bird.  Side of roard rotisseri looks good but the road grime puts me off. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TimeMachine said:

Sometimes its just some small incospicuous  side of the road fried chicken is best.  Crispy nd tasty. KFC no way.  Im guessing msg and coke are involved in recipe. As for whole bird.  Side of roard rotisseri looks good but the road grime puts me off. 

Hey ... Wings Zap are excellent.  Nothing wrong with MSG.   Coke, yea, agree there ... although ... moderation rules with everything.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

IMO boycot any chain places as much as possible. People who always eat that do not even know anymore what the real taste of food is like.

yes ,  very much agree ....    most here probably haven't ever tasted a real farm cooked roast chicken and vegetables.  

Nothing here tastes as good that's for damn sure   !

They've only ever tasted poultry farm or battery hens injected with growth hormones.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gwapofarang said:

Both Topps and Central Food has good offerings. Go there approximately 6 to 8 pm to get discounted ones up to 50%. Nothing wrong with half day old.

so you go around looking for the cheap food with the discount sticker?

• Sad 2

There's a Thai who sets up just about every morning on Lamphun Road, behind the road rail near the foreigner cemetery, that backs onto the Gymkhana Golf Club. Grills fresh every morning, he is usually sold out by lunchtime.

• Thanks 1

Whole chicken with 5 star, however was some red inside, so too short.

Big C looks very nice, but was way to dry, several times

It is depending who is making the chicken and how involved they are.

Can imagine you dont want to give raw chicken, but too long and it is also not nice.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

most here probably haven't ever tasted a real farm cooked roast chicken and vegetables. 

Where I'm from we don't need to bother with all that. Lebanese charcoal chicken, garlic sauce, tabouleh and hot chips from Western Sydney beats your country roast hands down. 

• Thumbs Up 2