Where to find whole cooked roast/rotisserie chicken?

TaiMaiTai

I used to buy them at the market in Bang Saray. I know there’s a vendor at the nearby market here in Bang Phli, but never tried them as there is an ok Five Star about fifty meters away from it. The missus brought one back from a big Lotus last week that was pretty good, though she usually does leg quarters in the air fryer; probably the best.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 12:46 PM, TaiMaiTai said:

I've found this to be the most economical way to obtain an adequate amount of meat when eating out in Thailand, hence I'm looking for more of these places.

I know of a few places:

Are there any others?

Also, is there a Thai search term which would yield better results in google maps? I tried searching for "rotisserie chicken" and "roast chicken" but didn't get many results. I found a "Cherng Doi Roast Chicken" but when I went there they didn't have whole roasted chickens like at the other places I mentioned above.

Makro

2 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

I used to buy them at the market in Bang Saray. I know there’s a vendor at the nearby market here in Bang Phli, but never tried them as there is an ok Five Star about fifty meters away from it. The missus brought one back from a big Lotus last week that was pretty good, though she usually does leg quarters in the air fryer; probably the best.

or get old chixs and break down  the meat...chix salad is  a good way as the oil/fat in mayo hydrates the meat back....also soups..or add a sauce and maybe bbq chix hoagies...etc,,,,,

I used to cook at a $$$ market and i did the hot bar ...i would come in and look to see what was on my speed rack...i called it trash to cash as the food was fine but had to be used asap..brown meat(oxygen) but still good...dips that had dairy etc.... so maybe a texas chili....with the beef and used chix tendons with the crab artichoke dips..add penne pasta..some cream and cheddar..and bake..mad that sold out!   and it was heavy! which is the trick at these bars as its sold by weight

which you could also do with the chicken..as long as you add hydration ..tomato sauce  +pasta,,add mozz and bake..or can do stovetop..is just the chix drying out as it ages.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This thread has the cook in me coming out!

Def get your moneys worth buying the whole chix and breaking it down

but gotta say the rost.chix salad we made at work was a hot seller  $10 a lb usd!

yesterdays rost chix that didnt sell..broken down) a pain in the a$$) mayo..some herbs, s/p, celery, shallots..dash of cider vinegar and i like a little sprinkle of old bay or smoked paprika

• Thumbs Up 2

I always feel like I ate fast food after a 5-star chicken. That is, I feel bloated and my stomach heavy. Makes me wonder what they do to the chickens/put on them. Nobody else has this reaction?

I don't get this from other roasted chickens, just the 5-star. It kind of tastes too good, too delicious, too juicy, etc... So I tend to steer clear of 5-star.

• Thumbs Up 1