Lucy Letby Sentenced, will die in prison.

Social Media

Summary

1. Lucy Letby is given a whole life term, with no chance of parole, for the murder of seven babies and the attempted murder of six more
  2. "This was a cruel, calculated and cynical campaign of child murder," the judge says
  3. Letby refused to appear in court - Rishi Sunak confirms the government is planning to change the law to compel convicts to attend sentencing
  4. This morning, one mother said the murder of her son was "like something out of a horror story"
  5. Other parents said their surviving children, whom Letby attempted to murder, are now disabled
  6. Just three other woman have ever been given whole life terms - Myra Hindley, Rosemary West, and Joanna Dennehy
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Not exactly. She was actually given 14 whole life terms. Not that it matters s she will spend the rest of her life in prison. Rightfully so. 

Had she pleaded guilty and played the mental health game, she would have had an easier life in a hospital for the criminally insane. The arrogance, that had been brought up by witnesses in the case, got in her way it would seem.

On 8/21/2023 at 5:29 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Good news.

Now go after the hospital administrators who ordered doctors who had reported their concerns to apologize to Letby rather than calling in the police to conduct a criminal investigation.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/lucy-letby-hospital-bosses-corporate-manslaughter-b2396146.html

There are investigations in the pipeline. The decision as to be made as to statutory or non statutory. Government ministers are pushing for statutory and fast. They want answers.

On 8/21/2023 at 3:42 PM, Tug said:

Good hope she lingers for a very long time to fully grasp the thing she has done 

She will.

She will be offered the option to stay under 23 hour lockup and NONCE exercise for her own safety. As a baby killer she will be a target. It will be in her own interest to accept the offer.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2023 at 8:46 PM, Social Media said:

Lucy Letby is given a whole life term, with no chance of parole

This is the equivalent of a very slow and very expensive death sentence.    Once the appeals have run their course what is the actual point of keeping this person alive at the expense of the taxpayer if there is zero intention to rehabilitate them and reintegrate them into society?   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

This is the equivalent of a very slow and very expensive death sentence.    Once the appeals have run their course what is the actual point of keeping this person alive at the expense of the taxpayer if there is zero intention to rehabilitate them and reintegrate them into society?   

Appeals? Only if there is strong, new evidence that could show the conviction to be unsafe.

There are only 71 prisoners in UK serving a whole life tarrif. If the death sentence was in effect in UK, that can be appealed. Prisoners would still be kept alive for a very long time while awaiting an appeal or execution date.

As an example, there are over 2000 inmates on death row in US. Only 11 executions last year and only 7 so far this year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Mr Derek said:

She got away with it for so long because women are now one of society's specially protected groups. We all know the others.

Quite possibly.

Another example of why #believeallwomen was such a ridiculous movement. 

Anyway, good to see this evil woman will never taste freedom again.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Not exactly. She was actually given 14 whole life terms. Not that it matters s she will spend the rest of her life in prison. Rightfully so. 

Had she pleaded guilty and played the mental health game, she would have had an easier life in a hospital for the criminally insane. The arrogance, that had been brought up by witnesses in the case, got in her way it would seem.

There are investigations in the pipeline. The decision as to be made as to statutory or non statutory. Government ministers are pushing for statutory and fast. They want answers.

She will.

She will be offered the option to stay under 23 hour lockup and NONCE exercise for her own safety. As a baby killer she will be a target. It will be in her own interest to accept the offer.

There is no need for Government to be involved in a simple criminal investigation of corporate manslaughter.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Did I say you had?

There are calls for the hospital administrators to face criminal investigation for corporate manslaughter.

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/lucy-letby-murder-hospital-manslaughter-b2396472.html

I'll let you run around in circles yourself on this one.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Refer top of thread, you’ll find I’m not the topic of discussion.

I know.

However, as usual you take a topic, in this case a sad and heart wrenching topic, and try to drag it down to your political bun fight level.

Ridiculous. Sad. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

19 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I know.

However, as usual you take a topic, in this case a sad and heart wrenching topic, and try to drag it down to your political bun fight level.

Ridiculous. Sad. 

Unwarranted allegation of ‘political bun fighting’.

I’m all in favour of a criminal investigation of the hospital administrators, no need to waste time with Government involvement, go straight to the police, CPS and courts.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, transam said:

You are always looking for someone to bury...........:coffee1:

It seems there are questions to be answered relating to possible charges of corporate manslaughter.

I certainly not in favour of burying that.

It seems both the Independent and the Daily Mail agree on this.

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Quite possibly.

Another example of why #believeallwomen was such a ridiculous movement. 

Anyway, good to see this evil woman will never taste freedom again.

Ummm... #believeallwomen was about rape victims, not a call to believe all women about all things.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

From what I gather, she is a nut job who should be institutionalized. But she is a clever nut job, and will instead spend the rest of her life in jail.

You have that the wrong way around.

Life in a secure hospital for the criminally insane is a lot easier than that of life in prison.

She didn't make any suggestion of being mentally insane, neither did her defence. Therefore, she was not institutionalised.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

You of course have first hand experience to back up that claim I assume!

Yes, I do.

From work experience.

I admit I should have specified, to save confusion, that I was referring to the category of prison she will go to, initially for many years.

Of course, many inmates go through the prison system and end up in category D prisons, which is a far easier life as they are designed as a last stop prior to release.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1