Misled by phishing email (was £10,000 for a tourist visa now?)

Hey Dan O thanks for the advice but i cant print off my phone and was told by Lloyds this morning it is now illegal their words not mine. I not trying to put blocks up i want a solution bud. 

Impulse, i want to stay longer than 30 days bud and there is a limit i think twice yes? that you can go into the country without a visa or was that the rule last week.

In The Jungle, mate im not having you on i sent a copy of the reply i got this morning above.

Edited by ewelve
addition

£10,000 - wow that's a big amount, didn't know there was/could be such variations between embassies.

We had a friend staying from NZ - I just checked the NZ Thai Embassy and amounts are the same as when they applied, for Single Entry Tourist visa NZ$2000 (£930), Multi Entry TV NZ$9000 (£4,200)

METV

"Bank statement with a balance of at least 9,000 NZD (credit card and home loan accounts not accepted)"

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Regyai said:

The simple alternative is stick two fingers up to the hoop jumping nonsense, breeze in on a 30 visa exemption stamp and extend it for a further 30days in country without any of the bally-hoo/bull shine

Good idea and how many extensions are allowed ?

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Her Amphur is talking nonsense, no need to change to maiden name at all.

I though that but its just getting insane with every official getting into the "Im important i can make the rules that i like" syndrome, it wasnt even a up country back water it was Samut Prakarn

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Tourist visa no 10K needed:

Official Website of Thailand Electronic Visa (thaievisa.go.th)

Required Document

(Please check relevant embassy/ consulate's website for specifically required documents)

• 1. Biodata page of Passport or Travel Document
  • 2. Photograph taken within the last six months. If the photograph does not reflect your current appearance you may be refused to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
  • 3. Travel booking confirmation
  • 4. Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand
  • 5. Financial evidence: amount of not less than 20,000 THB (Single) and 60,000 THB (Multiple), e.g. bank statements, sponsorship letter
  • 6. Document indicating current residency

Did you see the bit about multiple entry 60,000 baht? i sent them proof of 320,000 in my Thai bank and you can see the reply above i got this morning

11 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

£10,000 - wow that's a big amount, didn't know there was/could be such variations between embassies.

We had a friend staying from NZ - I just checked the NZ Thai Embassy and amounts are the same as when they applied, for Single Entry Tourist visa NZ$2000 (£930), Multi Entry TV NZ$9000 (£4,200)

METV

"Bank statement with a balance of at least 9,000 NZD (credit card and home loan accounts not accepted)"

Mate there should be a requisite of 60,000 baht about £1,400 but they have sent this message this morning that my UK bank with £4000 and Thai bank with 320,000 baht is not good enough they want a copy of my savings account too

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

They must be mixing up visa's or you applied for the wrong one.

You know thats exactly what i think they have done now i come to think of it, i have checked in case it was me that was a dummy but no i applied for a multiple entry tourist visa. 

I am wondering the same as you have they misread my application?

Now on 1 hour 5 mins on the phone waiting no answer

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, patman30 said:

what do you mean?
my wife like many others did not take my name
you probably need to go get marriage certs or something updated
different names should not be any reason for declining marriage visa
maybe at worst go amphur get divorced and married again same day ????

Oh bud she was humiliated in the office by a pig of a man, she was told she had to give her sister or brother her house if she didnt change her name back.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, ewelve said:

Oh bud she was humiliated in the office by a pig of a man, she was told she had to give her sister or brother her house if she didnt change her name back.

i am not referring to her reason for changing her name
why can you not get a marriage visa?
who told you its not possible because names are different?
maybe its would be because her name now does not match the marriage cert
but cannot be simply due to surnames being different

Edited by patman30

31 minutes ago, Regyai said:

The simple alternative is stick two fingers up to the hoop jumping nonsense, breeze in on a 30 visa exemption stamp and extend it for a further 30days in country without any of the bally-hoo/bull shine

THIS!   Ive been doing this yearly since 2008 with the 2 land border hops allowed and extended giving me 6 months each visit...never ever have i come WITH a visa....seems a waste

• Confused 1

£10k in the bank is a joke. I would say that would bar the majority of the UK population from gaining a tourist visa to Thailand.

A good portion of them might want to put their airfares and hotel fees on a credit card, with maybe £4k or £5k for cash based spending.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RayWright said:

I use Lloyds mobile banking App. You can download a .pdf of your monthly statement, then e-mail it, or if you're using your phone to create / submit your application, then just attach the downloaded statement.

I can hear you, but i called the bank this morning and they informed me that a home computer is not the same as a mobile phone regarding downloading of documents. I will get my kids to try and do what you said as im an old guy and they can make things possible that i cant. 

The thing is Ray why should all this be necessary when i have complied with all the rules according to the Embassy web site, Ive sent proof of around 600,000 baht and they should only want 60,000. Then this morning if you look at the copy of the email they sent me they now require  another copy of my savings account with £10,000 plus isnt £10,000 about 440,000 baht?