Traffy fondue: Phuket launches English app to assist foreigners

webfact

image.jpeg

An English language-enabled version of the Traffy Fondue application has been launched by the provincial office of Phuket, Thailand. This platform has been developed to assist foreign visitors in airing their grievances about local environmental conditions and public services.

The Phuket Governor, Narong Woonciew, announced yesterday that the application has been well-received by local residents seeking an expedited resolution to common issues they encounter daily. The governor explained that the system was procured from the National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (Nectec) of the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA) on December 19 last year, to serve as a conduit for processing complaints.

Since its inception, the application has seen a total of 3,122 complaints registered, with 60%, or 1,887 of these grievances having been addressed so far. The Traffy Fondue system has been successfully implemented not only in Bangkok but in other provinces as well, such as Nakhon Ratchasima, Ubon Ratchathani, and Chai Nat.

by Mitch Connor

Foreign tourists in Thailand, freepik

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/phuket-launches-traffy-fondue-for-foreign-visitors-to-report-local-issues

-- Thaiger 2023-08-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

This platform has been developed to assist foreign visitors in airing their grievances about local environmental conditions and public services.

Farang, why you complain my country??? ????

I haven't come across any apps developed by any Institution or government (local or national) that actually work. God alone knows what a translated version looks like. I wonder why they don't use native English speakers to do the translation or at least to proof read the think two eliminate the thousands of errors. 

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Maybe YOU should proof read your last sentence! 555

Yes the joys of spellcheckers. Funny I noticed it, and couldn't be bothered with editing it, failing to see the irony. It seems like an odd mistake and I looked at the keyboard to check the relative positions of the letters.....the 't' is mid way between the 'w' and the 'o', but on the same line. If I hit the 't' first, I don't see how I could have confused the 'o' for a 'w' as the second letter.....they are miles apart on my keyboard. Usually when I type 'to', the spellchecker gives me 'too', which I never understand. 

• Love It 1

8 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Why not have an app to do the TM's online,  or to order the residence certificate online and that can be printed at home ?

I have registered our house (Chiangmai) online so that we can do the TM30 online for any expat staying with us … don't need an App …. just a browser.

90 days also easy to do online.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, csmith said:

I have registered our house (Chiangmai) online so that we can do the TM30 online for any expat staying with us … don't need an App …. just a browser.

90 days also easy to do online.

Is that not only for businesses or companies who can do it online ?

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Is that not only for businesses or companies who can do it online ?

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

Thats the 90 day. Just register your details

For the TM30 need to  registered with local Immigration a hotel/rental business.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Thanks 1