Visa based on marriage doubts

Hi. Sorry about my English.

One friend, Spanish male, got married on April this year with his 11 years ago Thai girlfriend. He will travel to Thailand on February next year. He will try to get a non-o visa, based in marriage, in the Thai Embassy of Madrid, Spain.

First doubt: In their web no mention nothing about financial requirements. Is this correct?

Second doubt: In the case he gets that visa is there any way to extend it with no using the one year extension? He only needs 25 or 30 days more than the 90 conceded.

I have suggested him a border run to Laos, Nong Kai border, at the end of the validity of that visa. Should that be possible?

Anyway, should be a uncomfortable option. If there are other options should be fantastic!

Third doubt: Should be better, or is possible for him, to reach Thailand on 30 days visa exempt and get the marriage visa into the country?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

visas are normally obtained outside of Thailand.

once married on any visa or visa exempt entry he can obtain a one off 60 day visit Thai wife extension at local immigration office. where was he married, more hoops to jump through if not married in Thailand

Probably the Madrid embassy will give him a single entry Non O visa to visit his Thai wife without financial proof. This (as I think you know) gives you a 90-day stay.

Was the marriage carried out in Spain or Thailand? If Thailand, it is easy to get a 60-day extension without financial proof at the Immigration office in Thailand.

If married in Spain, there is a process for having the marriage registered in Thailand. Ask if you need details on how to do it (bit involved). I would definitely recommend doing so if you plan future visits.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, BritTim said:

Probably the Madrid embassy will give him a single entry Non O visa to visit his Thai wife without financial proof. This (as I think you know) gives you a 90-day stay.

Was the marriage carried out in Spain or Thailand? If Thailand, it is easy to get a 60-day extension without financial proof at the Immigration office in Thailand.

If married in Spain, there is a process for having the marriage registered in Thailand. Ask if you need details on how to do it (bit involved). I would definitely recommend doing so if you plan future visits.

Thanks very much!

The marriage carried out in Thailand. So I think that my friend won't have any problem getting a visa, tourist or marriage, and extend it 60 days where he was married, correct?

Thanks again!

39 minutes ago, AaronIsaan said:

Thanks very much!

The marriage carried out in Thailand. So I think that my friend won't have any problem getting a visa, tourist or marriage, and extend it 60 days where he was married, correct?

Thanks again!

Correct. Before going to Immigration for the 60-day extension (with his wife in attendance) he should get an up to date KR2 document from any amphoe office.