Pizza by the Slice in Bangkok

BugJackBaron

39 minutes ago, JemJem said:

I might try that SOHO place on Sukumvit Soi 11. By 'top of the soi', you mean near the Sukumvit side of Soi 11, and not all the way by the other side, right? Anyway, I hope this is the case because I know that soi is quite long :) 

Yea, SOHO is pretty far up the Soi.  Worth the trip though.  Also by the slice at the Asok/Suk corner place.  Odd # side of street before crossing to higher #s.  They look tasty, though never sampled.

image.png.38562f2ce3b5fc1fae249daa8cc94f2c.png

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yea, SOHO is pretty far up the Soi. Worth the trip though. Also by the slice at the Asok/Suk corner place.   Odd # side of street before crossing to higher #s. They look tasty, though never sampled.

image.png.38562f2ce3b5fc1fae249daa8cc94f2c.png

Thanks. 

I had sort of guessed that it wasn't near the Sukumvit end, because I hang around in the part between the main road and the German Beergarden/Restaurant a few times and I didn't notice any pizza place. I guess if I don't feel lazy, I will walk all the way there. 

A couple of large slices of pizza is always good after a night out :) I lived in Sydney for about 2 years in the late nineties. And, maybe some of you know King's Cross. There were quite a few places selling pizza by the slice till late into the night. They were great. By the way, I know that the Cross has changed a lot in recent years. Gentrification and all that. Such a shame. Probably, those pizza places are not there anymore. 

5 minutes ago, JemJem said:

Thanks. 

I had sort of guessed that it wasn't near the Sukumvit end, because I hang around in the part between the main road and the German Beergarden/Restaurant a few times and I didn't notice any pizza place. I guess if I don't feel lazy, I will walk all the way there. 

German Beer garden is more than halfway there, just another 220m

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

German Beer garden is more than halfway there, just another 220m

Oh ok. Thanks. The German place (and the pub/restaurant right across the soi from it) was the farthest I have been to down that soi. 

On 1/9/2024 at 5:31 PM, JemJem said:

I might try that SOHO place on Sukumvit Soi 11. By 'top of the soi', you mean near the Sukumvit side of Soi 11, and not all the way by the other side, right? Anyway, I hope this is the case because I know that soi is quite long :) 

Top of the soi is away from Sukhomvit.  Walk it or take a moto.

On 8/27/2023 at 6:00 PM, KhunLA said:

????

I've had pizza as good, but yet to have one beating what I would order in the USA.  Or any other ethnic food, with exception of Thai of course, although I've had excellent Thai in USA, and better than most that is served up here, that's relative to finer dining & cost though.  

SoHo Pizza on Suk 11 is damn good, though daughter was disappointed last time she ordered, though not sure if from Suk 11 branch.

Americans and Italians use they same word "pizza" for two foods which are fundamentally different. As opposed to Americans using a different word for the same food, like "freedom fries".

• Like 1