Lecky costs per unit.

Kwasaki

On 8/25/2023 at 10:47 AM, Kwasaki said:

Out of curiosity not the cost my farmhouse on my farmland electric isn't free anymore.

Forget how it was set up before seem to remember less than 50 units was free.

The rate per unit is 38.61 now.

16929351304263827562273791917488.thumb.jpg.ddab6347fc8b2be6d78e1adae2159c02.jpg

Since when was 144.77 divided by 43 = 38.61. On my calculator it is 3.3666

1 hour ago, McTavish said:

Sliding fee scale as shown here >

image.png.d8101e827126822b099dbf09be12ee9d.png

Those numbers are exclusive of Vat, Ft surcharge and service charge.

Real price per unit (which is inclusive of all that) you get by dividing total price by total amount of units.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Those numbers are exclusive of Vat, Ft surcharge and service charge.

Real price per unit (which is inclusive of all that) you get by dividing total price by total amount of units.

Correct.  However the actual cost is not a fixed sum per unit as others have suggested.

3 minutes ago, McTavish said:

Correct.  However the actual cost is not a fixed sum per unit as others have suggested.

Yep, and also the more you use the higher the price, with the highest price (from your list) when going over 400 units used. (4.4217), so a sliding scale 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Neither do I !! However I do have Google translate (lens) both as an app and bookmarked on my browser and so it’s hardly rocket science to throw any photos into it and get a reasonably good to perfect translation, along with the English text with the PEA documents it does give a good guide!

Whatever.

Thanks for the useless post anyways. 

• Sad 1

On 8/25/2023 at 1:46 PM, Farma said:

Do a search for Pea electricity tariff and it will show you all their tariffs.

Here's a screenshot on the 1st page

Screenshot_20230825-134337_Firefox.jpg

I find it confusing that the first table, up to 150kWh/ month shows a price for next 250 & 400 kWh/month.

Yet there is a discount for users who use less than 300kWh/month. 

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

I find it confusing that the first table, up to 150kWh/ month shows a price for next 250 & 400 kWh/month.

The "up to 150kWh" (low usage) tariff which applies only to those with a 5/15 meter, it is of course perfectly possible to go over 150 kWh in a month without overloading that meter, hence the rates for higher usage.

Those (most) of us on the "over 150kWh" tariff don't get the more graduated rates below 150kwh. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/26/2023 at 6:35 PM, KannikaP said:

With a 5/15A meter (or type 1115 on the PEA bill (1.1.1 in that list) it's possible to go over 150 kWh per month, BUT AFAIK, if you go with your 5/15A meter over 150kWh usage for a couple of months consecutive you will be then classified as 1.1.2 (or 1125 as stated under type on the PEA BILL (1.1.2 in that list)

Please note, this for PEA (not sure about the procedure for MEA)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, MJCM said:

With a 5/15A meter (or type 1115 on the PEA bill (1.1.1 in that list) it's possible to go over 150 kWh per month, BUT AFAIK, if you go with your 5/15A meter over 150kWh usage for a couple of months consecutive you will be then classified as 1.1.2 (or 1125 as stated under type on the PEA BILL (1.1.2 in that list)

That is in the PEA regulations posted above, so the AFIK is not required.

Note: 1. Customer, who has installed meter up to 5 Amp., 220 V., 1 Phase, 2 Wires, is classified under 1.1.1. If the customer consumes over 150 kWh for 3 consecutive months, he/she will be reclassified under 1.1.2 in the following month. When the customer does not consume over 150 kWh for 3 consecutive months, he/she will be reclassified under 1.1.1 in the following month.

The MEA text is under

1. The customer who installed the Watt­hour meter of up to 5 amperes, 220 volts, 1 phase, 2 wires, will be classified under tariff No.1.1. However, if his energy consumption exceeds 150 kWh per month for 3 consecutive months, he will be classified under tariff No. 1.2 in the following month. But if, his energy consumption in the later months is less than 150 kWh per month for the subsequent 3 consecutive months, he will be reclassified under tariff No.1.1.

So in short both authorities have the same rules.

5 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

That is in the PEA regulations posted above, so the AFIK is not required.

The MEA text is under

So in short both authorities have the same rules.

Thanks.

All promotions over the past few years have now stopped. We have the water filtration and pumps on a separate meter which only consumed  between 20 and 26 units a month. This used to be free, under the 50 units rule. We now have to pay. We have another meter which is on 0 units a month. It is there just in case. Used to be free under the 50 unit rule and now costs just over 8 baht a month. But hey ho, it is not breaking the bank and is cheaper than UK!!!

On 8/25/2023 at 11:06 AM, MJCM said:

How do you come at that number

Total bill was 144.77 THB / 43 Units = 3,36 THB per UNIT

(The 38.61 is the FT Charge (Fuel Surcharge)) which is originally 39.21 THB but you got a discount of 38.61 so actually FT charge is 0,6 THB (see the minus next to it)

It was indeed if you used less then 50 Units for 3 consecutive months (and you are on a 5/15A supply which is indicated by the # 1115 (under type)) that your bill would be 0 Thb,

We have the same issue with the house and land we bought of our neighbours, only have 1 light running 24/7 there and usage is 13 Units and still get a bill.

Some one told us that they stopped it (0 bill if less then 50 units used), but I will know for sure next month as then the 3 months consecutive is over.

I think they've stopped it. Since January this year till the last bill I used between 9 and 12 units per month. Up until 3 months ago books always came with total cost 0. The last 3 months I already had to pay (10, 12, 10 units).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2023 at 4:36 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

No, not personally, but @Crossy said yes

Got our PEA bills (for our 2 properties) just now.

Below 50 Units usage still have to pay even after 3 months below that usage, so AFAIK that discount (usage less then 50 Units per month on a 5/15A meter) has been removed as someone already mentioned.

Also the Ft charge is there even for less then 300 Units used (we used 113 units this month (for the other property) and Ft was charged) . Current Ft charge = 0,6689 THB per Unit.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

On 8/28/2023 at 4:32 PM, LukKrueng said:

I think they've stopped it. Since January this year till the last bill I used between 9 and 12 units per month. Up until 3 months ago books always came with total cost 0. The last 3 months I already had to pay (10, 12, 10 units).

Yes you are correct, we just received our bills, one bill is always around 11-15 units a month on a 5/15A meter and this bill period was the 4th bill period and we also have to pay (still) 47,52 THB total inclu of 0,6689 THB Ft charge per unit. Total units used 12. So average 47.52 THB / 12 = 3,96 THB per Unit.

• Like 2