How Much Longer I Use Note4? After Unusable, What Next?

I want to know how much longer I might be able to use my Note4 Samsung Android phone before it really becomes either too sluggish, or I lose complete support on MARSHMALLOW 6.0.1.

I have been using this NOTE4 since the end of 2014, I think.

The phone still works great, mechanically.

But I can tell that things are getting sluggish, and I think this is NOT due to lack of CPU power, or lack of sufficient RAM.

I think it is either that apps are getting fine tuned to run on newer Android OSs or apps are being written for new hardware, or such issues.

When I finally buy a new phone, I will still use this NOTE4, but I will install some other OS, maybe like LINUX.

But the question is how much longer can the NOTE4 continue to run the new apps coming out, including LINE, Camera, Email...ONLY the very basic ones...

AND THE SECOND QUESTION is...

I want the Samsung Galaxy ULTRA because I need ONE TByte of memory.

And, because, when I bought the NOTE4, it was the best on offer from SAMSUNG.

BUT, being in Thailand...

I want to know HOW DO I .....GET A GREAT DEAL on the top of the line Samsung phone...when the time comes?

How do I get a DEEP DISCOUNT, for example.

I do NOT want to pay through the nose or get ripped off by the companies that are trying to make my STILL GREAT NOTE4...obsolescent before it's time.

I do not use the camera, except just for very simple things, like recording receipts, or capturing images (for the record) of things I buy, or damage to property, etc.

I am HAPPY that I have used this Note4 for about 9 years, already.

I will continue to use it as long as possible.

But, if the end were to come tomorrow...then...What can I do to get the top of the line SAMSUNG for a super low price.

Thank you, because this Note4 is probably not going to last forever...

Regards,...

• Confused 1
  • Love It 2

I think if you want 1TB memory you'll need a removable SD card so you can add the 500 GB card to top it up the 1TB?  The Note 10 is the last one with a removable SD card.

As for buying, I bought a new Note 9 for half price on Lazada after the Note 20 was launched.  It was cheap because it was 2 generations behind the latest phone, and  I added the SD card to get 1TB.  You can now find new Note 10's on line at great prices.

You obviously need to be careful, as there's some scams out there, but I bought from an on-line shop that looked to have good/genuine reviews.  It turned out to be a Korean model, but was easy to swap to English/Thai, and who reads manuals anyway.

Could the slowing of your Note 4 be related to RAM?  Older models tended to have less RAM, and I think newer Apps run better with more memory.  WiFI and cellular Internet speeds have also increased with newer phones.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

But, if the end were to come tomorrow...then...What can I do to get the top of the line SAMSUNG for a super low price.

why do you need a "top of the line"?

are you king henry the 8th?

why would you expect a shop to sell you a "top of the line" at a crappy price?

• Love It 1

39 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

You can now find new Note 10's on line at great prices.

I can't thank you enough, Man!

I will probably order tomorrow.

But, I think I will select this one, and any thoughts:

Please see attachment....not able to post the image, directly, it seems...

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-Plus-N975U-Note10-N975F-DS-256GB-ROM-12GB-RAM-Octa-Core-6-8-Snapdragon-855-LTE-Cellphone-Lazada-co-th.png

• Love It 1

40 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Why? 

Simply because I love a... DEAL! 

I will order later this morning. 

If I get ripped off... I'll... 

Hold you accountable. 

Besides, I will be able to post with more lucidity, on TV, with one of these NOTE10+ devices... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I can't thank you enough, Man!

I will probably order tomorrow.

But, I think I will select this one, and any thoughts:

Please see attachment....not able to post the image, directly, it seems...

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-Plus-N975U-Note10-N975F-DS-256GB-ROM-12GB-RAM-Octa-Core-6-8-Snapdragon-855-LTE-Cellphone-Lazada-co-th.png

On second thought...

I probably will NOT order from Lazada.

There is no way to verify if these devices are new or refurbished, ...is there?

No, of course not.

Better to use a NOTE4 than one of these, maybe...

• Confused 1
  • Love It 2

So, actually, the question still stands...

How to get a DEEP discount on a new phone that can be verified as NEW, before it is purchased.

Any ideas???

Note10+ (or better)....

Please Note:  Although I buy used and antique wood furniture, I NEVER buy used electronic equipment.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
Text added to comment for purposes of clarification
  • Love It 1

5 hours ago, save the frogs said:

If he were King Henry VIII all he would have to do is declare that he is now the head of the entire Thai mobile phone business and help himself to whatever he wanted!

• Thumbs Up 1

You won't get a deep discount from any reputable phone seller. If the price looks low it is probably an import or second hand. I am very suspicious of any quoted prices well below the average for that model. Good prices available now though on a Samsung Note 10 or 20 Ultra. Lazada is OK IF you buy from one of the main phone sellers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

so that's the reason you need "top of the line".

to post MORE on here.

bad news. 

Of COURSE!

Why else would I need it?

The NOTE4 I have, even after 9 years, still works GREAT...except...

It's getting a bit sluggish.

I use the NOTE4 for very little except sending LINE messages or WeChat messages,....as well as...

The occasional post, or two, on TV...

I won't buy ANYTHING electronic that is not new.

And, I still want something equivalent to the Samsung ULTRA, as I already stated.

ALSO....Anyone in their right mind, IMHO, should NOT buy a NOTE 10 at this late date, because...

The world is now FLOODED with "refurbished" devices, or, as AMAZON calls them using its EUPHAMISTICALLY OPTIMISTIC Terminology: "RENEWED"...

What nutzo of a Marketing Genius thought to change "refurbished" to "renewed"...

Listen, Man, if you haven't learned already, the world we are now living in is....a....

SCAM!

Everybody Must Get Scammed...

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 2

28 minutes ago, Henryford said:

You won't get a deep discount from any reputable phone seller. If the price looks low it is probably an import or second hand. I am very suspicious of any quoted prices well below the average for that model. Good prices available now though on a Samsung Note 10 or 20 Ultra. Lazada is OK IF you buy from one of the main phone sellers.

Thank you for your reply.

If you happen to know of a specific example of what you suggest, then I certainly would be interested to follow up on any info you provide, and perhaps others might, as well.

What DO you think is a fair "average price" for a NOTE 10+ with 512gb of ROM, and 12gb of RAM, and one dedicated micro-SD slot?

I have no idea what a reasonable price might be; after all, the phone is now FOUR years old, since its debut in August of 2019.

Please reply, if you will.

Tks.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1

GG you need to look through the sellers on Lazada, i use PT telecom or NG Phone or Samsung themselves. I think a Note 10 would be around 15,000 and a Note 20 Ultra around 18,000. I have the Note 20 Ultra great phone, i bought for 21,000 a year ago.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

GG you need to look through the sellers on Lazada, i use PT telecom or NG Phone or Samsung themselves. I think a Note 10 would be around 15,000 and a Note 20 Ultra around 18,000. I have the Note 20 Ultra great phone, i bought for 21,000 a year ago.

I AGREE with you about a FAIR average price for this NOTE10+.

I really like the NOTE series of phones.

And now this series is at an end.

So therefore, I would be VERY willing to buy the NOTE10+ for Bt.15,000.00

My only hesitancy resides in the fact that I am AFRAID of getting "scammed".

So, I WILL keep looking.

And, I will, especially, look to see if SAMSUNG Company, Thailand, is somehow still selling the NOTE10+ (and buy immediately)

Or, as you say, PT telecom or NG Phone (I do not know these companies, but I will now search for what you suggest.)

Thank you for your reply...
I actually am getting tired of the slow phone I am now using....

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1

On 8/28/2023 at 12:19 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

I want the Samsung Galaxy ULTRA because I need ONE TByte of memory.

On 8/28/2023 at 12:19 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

I do not use the camera, except just for very simple things, like recording receipts, or capturing images (for the record) of things I buy, or damage to property, etc.

So if you don't do happy snaps etc why do you think you need so much storage?

According to another of your posts even with the largest SD card you currently only have 170GB...........