Do we really appreciate how lucky we are?

BritManToo

Agree, and nice to appreciate all that there is in simply being alive, and living the way one chooses. 

TBH, if in USA, as TH is just a different location, I doubt if much would be different.

Family & friends are doing the same back in USA.  Enjoying life.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Every morning when I get up at dawn, the weather is perfect, the view is amazing and the woman in my bed is young and warm.

Then by about 6:30am I'm sitting on the patio with a drink and my pets running around the garden.

Then I think about my peers back in the UK waking up (alone?) to the cold, the wind, and the rain nearly every day, and how lucky I am to be living out my 'golden years' in Thailand.IMG_20200613_064830.thumb.jpg.eee642cf23b9c99072e86aea49e74554.jpg

Every day the weather is perfect, ROFL. You live in Chiang Mai which is very polluted a couple of months every year.  
Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone is his own fortune's blacksmith..

Some forge a stone table in Thailand with their luck and others a wealthy life at his pool, or like me at my own fishing lake...

But I need luck not to drown in it, when the biggest fish in my life is hooked. 

Till now i wasn't lucky to catch it..

That's life, isn't it? 

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

TBH, if in USA, as TH is just a different location, I doubt if much would be different.

I'll start as Im a Yank as well....

I dont worry about walking into a 7-11 and getting shot by white male domestic terrorist who are Q nuts-Maga cultists that hate anyone that is not white...hes a link, i have many , many more...sadly...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/multiple-people-killed-jacksonville-store-shooting-mayor-102589687

I like how Desantis calls the shooter a scumbag.....oh the typical Irony of the gun loving GOP

So yes I find the differences between USA and LOS to me much much more than "location"

and is the reason i am in LOS...love it or leave it...good riddance....such a toxic place

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I'll start as Im a Yank as well....

I dont worry about walking into a 7-11 and getting shot by white male domestic terrorist who are Q nuts-Maga cultists that hate anyone that is not white...hes a link, i have many , many more...sadly...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/multiple-people-killed-jacksonville-store-shooting-mayor-102589687

I like how Desantis calls the shooter a scumbag.....oh the typical Irony of the gun loving GOP

So yes I find the differences between USA and LOS to me much much more than "location"

and is the reason i am in LOS...love it or leave it...good riddance....such a toxic place

My reference to 'location' would be somewhere that I would actually live, and more than enough in USA to choose from.   Although I would have a legal firearm on me, and not expect to ever need it, as in the past when living in the USA.

Much the same as here, rural-ish, but close to anything wanted or needed.  If you can't find that in the USA, or here, you're not looking very hard.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

My reference to 'location' would be somewhere that I would actually live, and more than enough in USA to choose from.   Although I would have a legal firearm on me, and not expect to ever need it, as in the past when living in the USA.

Much the same as here, rural-ish, but close to anything wanted or needed.  If you can't find that in the USA, or here, you're not looking very hard.

why do you need a firearm? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Every morning when I get up at dawn, the weather is perfect, the view is amazing and the woman in my bed is young and warm.

Then by about 6:30am I'm sitting on the patio with a drink and my pets running around the garden.

Then I think about my peers back in the UK waking up (alone?) to the cold, the wind, and the rain nearly every day, and how lucky I am to be living out my 'golden years' in Thailand.IMG_20200613_064830.thumb.jpg.eee642cf23b9c99072e86aea49e74554.jpg

Barely been raining last few months in UK where I am and weather has been lovely...super super clean air..no crazy driving while I'm on my mountain bike 7 days a week.

Dating game a higher bar here for sure and for guys over 40 it's tough/impossible unless you are relentless...over 50 almost zero... and its a bit of a dogpound on the female side after 38 which is why my target audience is 24-34 on dating websites.

Taking a time-out with my Thai g/f and see where things go for both of us.

UK overheads tough though....all that money into council tax could be going into coffee and western meals back in Los.

Am clear of mortgages etc, so lucky on that front...not as bad as I viewed UK before.

Doing part of year on both countries ideal for me vs stuck in 1.

• Like 1