Buakaw and Saenchai to face off in unique BKFC Thai boxing match

snoop1130

BKFC5_2Fighters_action-shot.jpg

Legendary Thai boxers and best friends Sombat “Buakaw” Banchamek and Supachai “Saenchai” Saepong are set to step into the ring under a special rule for the 5th Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship (BKFC) Thailand – Legend of Siam. The event is scheduled to take place on Saturday, November 4, at Royal Cliff Hotel Group in Pattaya.

BKFC ASIA officially announced that the 5th BKFC Thailand will mark the very first occasion when the close friends, Buakaw and Saenchai, will engage in a face-off.

Adding a touch of madness to the bout, a new and special rule will be introduced, fighting with bare hands. The contest will unfold over two rounds, each lasting two minutes.

Buakaw gave an interview about the upcoming match in a recent press conference.

“Even though I am close friends with Saenchai, there will be no holding back. It is going to be a genuine fight with real pain. Fans cannot afford to miss this, as a bout of this nature has never occurred before. It will be a gift for martial arts enthusiasts as the year comes to a close. Fans will not be disappointed. I am willing to bet on my dignity.”

Saenchai also expressed the same commitment to fight even though his rival is his friend.

“While we hold respect for our friendship, once inside the boxing ring, our professionalism takes precedence. There will be no reluctance to uphold our dignity, and we are committed to upholding the reputation of the sport.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via BKFC

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/ring-of-legends-buakaw-and-saenchai-to-face-off-in-unique-bkfc-thai-boxing-match

-- The Thaiger 2023-08-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The contest will unfold over two rounds, each lasting two minutes.

Bit of a non-event then?

Easily watch Win riders going at it up the street, at least that lasts longer and everyone gets a front row seat.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Thanks 1

I would love to attend this match but at two 2 minutes rounds, it's already a let down. I'm guessing the ticket prices will be max'd out.

Same for the upcoming Buakaw vs Pacquiao fight.