“Everybody Must Get Scammed #12 & 35”: WORST Scam YOU’ve Ever Suffered?

To The Gullible and Disillusioned:

If we are not yet living in the age of Scamming and Being Scammed, we may soon be. Why?

I am convinced that AI is set to erase history from the world:

First through watering down whatever history that is still being accurately taught in our schools, and…

Second by….

AI-generated fake content.

AI-driven censorship.

AI-driven forgetting through automatic deletion of historically important content.

Third by…

AI-created simulations.

AI-created propaganda.

OK, this is all well and good, and I do look forward to it!

But let’s talk about your past up to this point:

What I want to know is what is the worst scam you have ever suffered in your life. I mean this could be almost anything, such as having lost all your savings to the Enron scam.

And the idea of living in the Age of Scams has reminded me of an old protest song by Bob Dylan called, “Rainy Day Women #12 & 35”.

By the way, THIS SONG is NOT about getting stoned!  It’s a protest song.

And so, while you are thinking back over the many times you have been scammed during your life, I just hope that you might enjoy this song…BUT…Every time you hear the words, Stone or Stoned, I hope you will plug in the better words, Scam or Scammed.  It’s that simple really…

I am feeling a bit disillusioned these days with Humanity and the modern day Animal-Farm Economics of our time.

And, we therefore need to tell our stories. We must, so that we can benefit from sharing our common plight in order to gain a better sense of solidarity!

Hoping you don’t get…

Scammed, again…

Regards,

Gamma

243px-Logo_de_Enron.svg.png

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

A guy selling big pot buds was dressed as a muslim mullah.

I bought one, drawn in by the Mad Mullah-mystique. But would Khomeini really be selling pot down on the corner?

When I got home and lit up, it melted. It was plastic.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

To The Gullible and Disillusioned:

If we are not yet living in the age of Scamming and Being Scammed, we may soon be. Why?

First through watering down whatever history that is still being accurately taught in our schools, and…

Second by….

AI-generated fake content.

AI-driven censorship.

AI-driven forgetting through automatic deletion of historically important content.

Third by…

AI-created simulations.

AI-created propaganda.

OK, this is all well and good, and I do look forward to it!

But let’s talk about your past up to this point:

What I want to know is what is the worst scam you have ever suffered in your life. I mean this could be almost anything, such as having lost all your savings to the Enron scam.

And the idea of living in the Age of Scams has reminded me of an old protest song by Bob Dylan called, “Rainy Day Women #12 & 35”.

By the way, THIS SONG is NOT about getting stoned!  It’s a protest song.

And so, while you are thinking back over the many times you have been scammed during your life, I just hope that you might enjoy this song…BUT…Every time you hear the words, Stone or Stoned, I hope you will plug in the better words, Scam or Scammed.  It’s that simple really…

I am feeling a bit disillusioned these days with Humanity and the modern day Animal-Farm Economics of our time.

And, we therefore need to tell our stories. We must, so that we can benefit from sharing our common plight in order to gain a better sense of solidarity!

Hoping you don’t get…

Scammed, again…

Regards,

Gamma

243px-Logo_de_Enron.svg.png

Haha, it’s a protest song? Of course it’s which is why Dylan is laughing at the beginning of the song. He’s not stoned, he’s protesting.

• Haha 1

AI is just the latest invention that will hasten the end of mankind. Probably the most dangerous one as nothing will be real anymore, nothing we see or hear will be trusted. Photoshopping was the start of that. Already AI has been used to make the world's most deadly chemicals even more so. We're like lemmings, throwing ourselves off a cliff. Why, I have no idea and I don't really care. If that's what mankind wants......

• Thumbs Up 1

$5000 for an oil well.  They sent me a $14 check after a few months and then never heard from them again. Should have kept it and framed it, 555.

Anyone that says they haven't been scammed is probably a narcissist who can't admit they're been manipulated.

Or they're scammers themselves who want others to think they're sMrT.  ????

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

AI is just the latest invention that will hasten the end of mankind. Probably the most dangerous one as nothing will be real anymore, nothing we see or hear will be trusted. Photoshopping was the start of that. Already AI has been used to make the world's most deadly chemicals even more so. We're like lemmings, throwing ourselves off a cliff. Why, I have no idea and I don't really care. If that's what mankind wants......

Yes, but the end of History should scare us MOST. 

Think of the conditions in Orwell's 1984. 

No History, only Rumor. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, Headgame said:

Haha, it’s a protest song? Of course it’s which is why Dylan is laughing at the beginning of the song. He’s not stoned, he’s protesting.

Rainy day women has long been a slang term for joints (ganga, cannabis as it's called now).

2 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

$5000 for an oil well.  They sent me a $14 check after a few months and then never heard from them again. Should have kept it and framed it, 555.

Anyone that says they haven't been scammed is probably a narcissist who can't admit they're been manipulated.

Or they're scammers themselves who want others to think they're sMrT.  ????

Correct.

Everybody has been scammed, for sure.

But...

An Oil Well?

That's a GREAT story!

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Probably after the fact, though...

Possibly, since I grew up in the 60's, but heard it in places from the west coast to east coast. If Dylan didn't mean that he was wise to keep his mouth shut.

In any event, who hasn't enjoyed a hazy lazy rainy day with Mary Jane as a comforting companion?

2 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Possibly, since I grew up in the 60's, but heard it in places from the west coast to east coast. If Dylan didn't mean that he was wise to keep his mouth shut.

In any event, who hasn't enjoyed a hazy lazy rainy day with Mary Jane as a comforting companion?

Me and many others,other than Timothy... And he got booted out of Harvard... Good riddence to bad rubbish... 

• Love It 1

On 8/29/2023 at 3:04 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

There are plenty of accurate sources embedded into the Internet of which their content is virtually impossible to dilute. IMHO there are watchdogs observing this exact scenario; Gathering and then erasing history instantaneously at once may be the only option for AI but I doubt it very much.  

The schools anywhere only teach curriculum prescribed by their respective nations/states. And I dare say that none of programmes or courses communicate history accurately because of various individual, religious and ideological biases.

9 minutes ago, StraightTalk said:

There are plenty of accurate sources embedded into the Internet of which their content is virtually impossible to dilute. IMHO there are watchdogs observing this exact scenario; Gathering and then erasing history instantaneously at once may be the only option for AI but I doubt it very much.  

The schools anywhere only teach curriculum prescribed by their respective nations/states. And I dare say that none of programmes or courses communicate history accurately because of various individual, religious and ideological biases.

Correct, and as I stated, History is not being taught in schools, just as you have just provided some of the reasons why.

• Love It 1

21 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Me and many others,other than Timothy... And he got booted out of Harvard... Good riddence to bad rubbish... 

I actually have met Leary and his colleague Richard Alpert. Leary had on his trademark fringed leather jacket and enjoined us all to "Tune in, turn on, and drop out". I did the first two anyway.

Also met Dick Gregory, Jerry Rubin, and Abbie Hoffman. All in my sophomore year at Rutgers in 1969.

They came to campus for an anti-war rally to speak and a friend got me backstage where we were all enjoying some of the rainy women. A moment to remember for sure. Good times. A nickel bag 1 Oz was $5. ????