Where was I in Pattaya

georgegeorgia

Last month a friend in Pattaya drive me over to the dark side I think they call it but more further away .

There was a Australian bar restaurant in this area .

It seems very quiet area so no idea how they go business but what was this area around 90 minutes I guess away 

I remember driving past the Pattaya railway station I recall passing Siam country club/,?

There was also a big park with soccer field 

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Might take you 90 minutes to come back from there at 8-9am!

Not from Lake Mabprachan, which the Outback is close to.  I've lived on both sides of the lake.   Jump on the Motorway by La Miniera, no toll, and my partner and I can be at Big C South Pattaya in about 15 minutes, without a single traffic light until we get to Big C.   Or, in the other direction, Terminal 21, also in about 15 minutes from our house by the lake.

56 minutes ago, newnative said:

Not from Lake Mabprachan, which the Outback is close to.  I've lived on both sides of the lake.   Jump on the Motorway by La Miniera, no toll, and my partner and I can be at Big C South Pattaya in about 15 minutes, without a single traffic light until we get to Big C.   Or, in the other direction, Terminal 21, also in about 15 minutes from our house by the lake.

Yes, my imagery comes from seeing the smaller roads that cross the railway line bypass which are usually very busy. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, my imagery comes from seeing the smaller roads that cross the railway line bypass which are usually very busy. 

Yes, they are.   The Motorway avoids all that.  Lake Mabprachan is getting popular, with a number of new projects, because it's easy to get into town via the Motorway and also easy to quickly get on the Motorway to head to Bangkok, just an hour and a half away.

• Like 1

Your byline takes me back to my second day in Pattaya, when I woke early morning in Pattaya slouched across an outside table. Fortunately, my wallet seemed to be intact and I managed to get a motorbike taxi to take me to my hotel. Good job I remembered its name because I couldn't have directed him. It seemed to be an awfully long way way though. After sixteen years of living here, I still have no idea of where I ended up.