What if I want to return a used car?

Epidote

I had a similar problem with my Nissan, orange service light,    shape of an engine, so went to Nissan for a service it was still on after the service,, "oh you must pay extra'' I was very peed off, as I needed to get home, took it to another Nissan dealer, shortly after, 500+b great for 3 days then came back on again, I now just ignore it. I keep all oils changed and filters on time. Not sure what that other warning light is though (!) does the hand book tell you? You tube has plenty on this problem, but none of them worked for me.

I have the same corolla 2013. Same model with yours since I'm in Indonesia and usually both of countries shared the same spec. Looking at your speedometer seems same like mine

First release the + accu cable from the accu. Wait 1 hour or better a night 12 hours so the ECU got no power at all and install the + accu cable again and do not start the engine. Just push start button without kick brake once so all light on and wait for 15 minutes. And the start the engine.

If its dont work. I suggest you to bring the car to authorized toyota dealer. Believe me toyota especially this corolla 2013 the spare parts is not expensive.

Edited by MrAscii

9 hours ago, BenStark said:

Anyone with a grain of common sense would realize that a dealer has such a device to check the cars they purchase. Or do you think they only look at the dents and scratches to decide if they will buy the cars they take in stock?

Where did i say that the dealer would not have one?  Anyone with a grain of common sense will be able to quote that comment that you seem to think I made!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2023 at 9:34 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

How could anyone expect them to find a fault that wasn't indicated?  You need to take it in when the check engine light is showing.

No, this is incorrect.  The code is stored until it gets erased, and even if the light is no longer on the code is there and it can be read until it gets erased while it's connected to the reader.  

8 hours ago, MrAscii said:

I have the same corolla 2013. Same model with yours since I'm in Indonesia and usually both of countries shared the same spec. Looking at your speedometer seems same like mine

First release the + accu cable from the accu. Wait 1 hour or better a night 12 hours so the ECU got no power at all and install the + accu cable again and do not start the engine. Just push start button without kick brake once so all light on and wait for 15 minutes. And the start the engine.

If its dont work. I suggest you to bring the car to authorized toyota dealer. Believe me toyota especially this corolla 2013 the spare parts is not expensive.

accu = battery ?

1 hour ago, stratocaster said:

Here's my rant. My sister in law has operated a used car business in Bangkok for over 20 years. My wife's uncle has been in business for 40 years. Not every dealer is a cowboy.

The world is full of successful Dodgy, Cowboy used car dealers who have been in business for decades.