An IPTV thread

ezzra

In my many years in this country i went from UBC to True Tv, none with were satisfactory, last few years i have been using IPTV streamer

through an Android  box, the service comes from China at a cost of $ 20-30 a years, lots of connectivity problems with channels hanging, freezing or not working at all, i have now upgraded from the old Mecool MX8 box to a Android 10 T95, not happy with the 2 streaming suppliers at the moment, and i just wanted to see if any one has a better experiences, Thanks.

Lmao imagine still having cable and using a cable box. You have to plan around a schedule to see something you want, you have to watch commercials, and you have to pay for it. Peak baby boomer ???????? oh and BTW your channels are hanging and lagging because it's a $20 android box with a weak ass chip that doesn't have enough power to stream HD without dropping frames.

You can just watch EVERYTHING for free online. Everything. Live sporting events too. If you were tech savvy you wouldn't have cable like a dinosaur, because you can watch everything for free on-demand.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

BS

More BS

Www.Sflix.to 

Oh look I can watch everything for free on there. ???? I'm glad Ben Stark knows what he's talking about...Not.

Wouldn't expect a boomer to know about streaming sites though ???? paying a huge corporation for the privilege of using their crappy cable box  + channels is the only way to watch things! ????????‍♂️

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 5

2 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I guess you are referring to me?

Well at my age I hardly can be called a boomer, and in fact I'm using an IPTV service, provided by a Belgian guy, and pretty satisfied with it.

Have tried the free options as well, but as with everything in the world, you get what you pay for, and anyone that want to claim that free streams are reliable obviously has never used them.

Those cheap android boxes are worse than using a free streaming site. It's total cost is like $30, they're hideously underpowered for streaming or even watching HD

If you have one, go on to YouTube and go to options and enable 'stats for nerds' go load up a 1080p video and enable the stats for nerds overlay.

There is a counter for frames dropped. An appropriately powerful device will have 0 dropped frames, maybe 1 or 2. 

The $20-$30 android box will have dropped frames in the 1000s. 60fps stutter and lag all over the place.

This is why the topic creator is seeing hanging and freezing, the device is struggling to perform the task of streaming HD with it's meager specs.

You get what you pay for indeed 

44 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

You can just watch EVERYTHING for free online.

I am sure we all appreciate your very accurate and helpful advice where you clearly show the best alternatives to the OP's questions!!

:post-4641-1156693976:

At least some posts have stated what they do but none have given specific sites or  "login" details!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, circa02 said:

That's just one aspect, the majority of these free streaming sites suffer from bandwidth contention at source. i.e. they have saturated their 10gbit OVH, Hetzner, Leaseweb servers - usually one of the three.  The incentive to limit subscribers or enforce QoS doesn't exist as it's just ad money.  You can get 8 core snapdragon android box with 16gb RAM and dedicated GPU and you'll still see issues. I wouldn't be so smug that the sites you list will be around next month or even next week.

That sflix has been around for like years now. It doesn't host its own video / players, rather gray-net video upload sites that nobody has heard of. The show / movie is uploaded to those sites, and the streaming site just collects those links to show. 

If anything gets removed it will be those video upload sites, or the file will be removed, and it's usually replaced with a new URL / source quickly.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, circa02 said:

You can get 8 core snapdragon android box with 16gb RAM and dedicated GPU and you'll still see issues.

Exactly. A few days ago i downloaded the Livenet TV app, as I seen it recommended a few times here, and about 30% of the channels I am interested in worked.

I have no doubt that the Pakistani and Arab channels work better, but they are not my interest

4 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I am sure we all appreciate your very accurate and helpful advice where you clearly show the best alternatives to the OP's questions!!

:post-4641-1156693976:

At least some posts have stated what they do but none have given specific sites or  "login" details!

www.sflix.to

Use Ad blockers, these sites sustain themselves with advertisements.

there's no registration needed.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

www.sflix.to

Use Ad blockers, these sites sustain themselves with advertisements.

there's no registration needed.

It is only movies, and the blurb on their site talks about it being NEW..........in 2021.

I have a Firestick and an apk programme from UK. Now that shows EVERYTHING. £30 a year. Installs on an Android phone too.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

It is only movies, and the blurb on their site talks about it being NEW..........in 2021.

I have a Firestick and an apk programme from UK. Now that shows EVERYTHING. £30 a year. Installs on an Android phone too.

That's one way to do it, yes.

Point is, you don't need to have a subscription service or pay for a cable box and channels you don't want, in order to watch stuff you want to watch.

It's not only movies, almost every TV series is there, And who cares if it says "New" from 2021? What does that matter at all?  Complete non-sequitor.

Is that supposed to be a reflection of it's quality in your mind? Ok... I guess the only solution is to then pay for a cable subscription, huh? Then you won't have to endure the horror of seeing outdated summaries.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, NextG said:

Your behaviour here is totally ridiculous. As is your ‘advice’. If you weren’t falling over yourself to try to ridicule everyone, you might have taken note of the fact that it is you who got it completely wrong from the very beginning. 
I’m sure that you noticed along the way that you were the only one referring to CABLE. You still mention it even in the post I’m quoting. 
IPTV is not Cable TV nor a subscription to Cable TV. But yet you are acting as if the OP or even a single person here referred to such. No… that was all you. 
IPTV is the subject. Off course now you are going to pretend that you understood everything from the very beginning. In that case you can explain why you’ve been banging on with regard to Cable. 

Worthless semantics. ???? ooh no you said cable instead of IPTV! 

???? You can still watch IPTV streams for free online ???? entire streaming sites dedicated to mirroring IPTV streams for free. You can still watch every program that is on those IPTV services for free online. You didn't refute anything, and nobody asked for your opinion or analysis of me, but you gave it anyway since you're still mad at being corrected in another thread, like a few weeks ago. Get over your toddler tantrum and accept that you got corrected on something on here ????

What a useless post.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

Useless describes your posts here. 
So you meant “Lmao imagine still having IPTV and using an IPTV box”? Is that what you claim that you meant? ????

Then how would you explain your comment of having to “plan around a schedule” and “having to watch commercials”?

You meant CABLE ☺️ and now you have egg on your face. 
You tried to look down on the OP and everyone else, but it is you who now looks like a ???? 

IPTV is the same thing as cable except it's delivered through the internet instead of a coaxial cable or antenna.  I.e. you are getting a proprietary cable box from a telecommutcations company like true, paying for a subscription for a package of programs / channels, and receiving television channels through your internet instead of through a coaxial cable through the wall.

you are still paying a subscription (the original poster mentioned this)

you are still getting a package of channels and programs, not everything available. It's kept behind a paywall

you are still getting a cable box from the company to access their service.

you are still beholden to the broadcasting schedule of the service, i.e. a certain program comes on at a certain time only.

WOW, it's almost like it's the exact same thing as Cable! ????

IPTV.  Internet Protocol TELEVISION. It's the same channels and packages as cable, received through the internet instead of a coaxial cable coming out of the wall. An Android Box that doesn't have these channels or service, but can still stream videos and access the internet is not IPTV, that's just an Android Box that connects to a tv. IPTV specifically is: cable programs and other broadcasted programs like sports events, sent through the internet instead of cable. Maybe if I write enough for you, you'll understand what IPTV is.

Such a glorious backfire of a post ???? you were so sure of the meaning, only to get utterly embarrassed. You didn't even know what IPTV was. You had such a hate boner for me that you wanted to do anything you can to try and "own" me, but you only ended up owning yourself ????????‍♂️ AGAIN.

if I'm a clown, then you're Ronald McDonald, the most famous clown of all.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NextG said:

Sorry, but you are completely wrong. 
There is no proprietary box from any ‘telecommutcations’ company ???? and you most certainly are not paying them anything. 
You obviously tried to take a crash course on IPTV and to bluff your way through this, but you have failed miserably. You clearly don’t understand ANYTHING if what is being discussed here. Embarrassing… for you. Better you stop and admit you got it wrong. It’s clear to all now. Do it for yourself. 

How embarrassing for you to continue argue even after being so spectacularly wrong. Trying to gaslight someone into convincing that your wrong definition is correct to save face.. 

Dude, just shut up, you don't know what you're talking about, have some dignity and be a tiny bit humble in defeat ????

True is a telecommunications company, do you need the definition of that too?  There's no box? A box isn't required but the company providing IPTV service like True, still have them, and they still sell and lease them to technology- illiterate folks such as you. If your TV isn't a smart TV that can download apps, a box is required, Einstein ???? or is the TV going to magically access the internet somehow? 

Maybe it can harness the power of your delusions and stubbornness, that alone could probably power a windmill. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

How embarrassing for you to continue argue even after being so spectacularly wrong. Trying to gaslight someone into convincing that your wrong definition is correct to save face.

Dude, just shut up, you don't know what you're talking about, have some dignity and be a tiny bit humble in defeat ????

True is a telecommutcations company, do you need the definition of that too?  There's no box? A box isn't required but they still have them, and they still sell and lease them to technology- illiterate folks such as you. If your TV isn't a smart TV that can download apps, a box is required, Einstein ???? or is the TV going to magically access the internet somehow? 

Maybe it can harness the power of your delusions and stubbornness, that alone could probably power a windmill. 

Go back to the ORIGINAL post. Read it again. 
The OP has not utilised UBC nor True TV in years. You obviously did not grasp that fact. In your excitement you glossed over it and cascaded into an excitable rant about ‘boomers’ and ‘cable’. I can only imagine how mortifying it is for you that it turns out those ‘boomers’ have a more advanced knowledge of these things than you do. It’s clear that you don’t have a clue as to the IPTV options that were being discussed. 
But please, continue to illustrate that fact to all and sundry. Satisfying for them to see your humiliation after you tried to humiliate them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, NextG said:

Go back to the ORIGINAL post. Read it again. 
The OP has not utilised UBC nor True TV in years. You obviously did not grasp that fact. In your excitement you glossed over it and cascaded into an excitable rant about ‘boomers’ and ‘cable’. I can only imagine how mortifying it is for you that it turns out those ‘boomers’ have a more advanced knowledge of these things than you do. It’s clear that you don’t have a clue as to the IPTV options that were being discussed. 
But please, continue to illustrate that fact to all and sundry. Satisfying for them to see your humiliation after you tried to humiliate them. 

What even is this Irrelevant pivot? ???? Complete non-sequitor and a Strawman. My posts are about IPTV in general, go read them again. Are you paying attention finally? Here let me write it again: My posts are not about the various companies that provide IPTV service (and yes, it is a service, genius????????‍♂️)  It wasn't about what his flavor of IPTV provider was. It was about the concept of IPTV. It was about how paying a subscription for IPTV which is essentially cable delivered through the internet, is laughable. 

You have no ammunition so now you're just grasping at whatever you think will be a "gotcha" against me, but still too tech illiterate to understand what you're writing. Another glorious backfire. 

2 hours ago, NextG said:

IPTV is not Cable TV nor a subscription to Cable TV

Except it literally almost is exactly that, haha ???? you pay a company, to access their service which is an assortment of channels and programs delivered through the internet instead of cable coming out of the wall. The service can be used on TVs, computers, smartphones, anything that can download and run the company's app or has an HDMI port. (That's where the box that you said don't exist come into play) When you go to a channel in IPTV it's literally the same feed as it is on cable TV ???? 

Wait a minute -- I think I figured it out. You think a smart TV being able to access YouTube and Netflix is IPTV, don't you? You think that any video coming over the internet and played on a tv is IPTV?

It isn't, dude, it's exactly the definition I gave. It's a subscription service that gives you TV channels and usually your local channels too -- through the internet to your device of choice. Doesn't have to be a television, like I said.

Don't know why you keep arguing when you are so, so, wrong.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

What even is this Irrelevant pivot? ???? Complete non-sequitor and a Strawman. My posts are about IPTV in general, go read them again. Are you paying attention finally? Here let me write it again: My posts are not about the various companies that provide IPTV service (and yes, it is a service, genius????????‍♂️)  It wasn't about what his flavor of IPTV provider was. It was about the concept of IPTV. It was about how paying a subscription for IPTV which is essentially cable delivered through the internet, is laughable. 

You have no ammunition so now you're just grasping at whatever you think will be a "gotcha" against me, but still too tech illiterate to understand what you're writing. Another glorious backfire. 

Except it literally almost is exactly that, haha ???? you pay a company, to access their service which is an assortment of channels and programs delivered through the internet instead of cable coming out of the wall. The service can be used on TVs, computers, smartphones, anything that can download and run the company's app or has an HDMI port. (That's where the box that you said don't exist come into play) When you go to a channel in IPTV it's literally the same feed as it is on cable TV ???? 

Wait a minute -- I think I figured it out. You think a smart TV being able to access YouTube and Netflix is IPTV, don't you? You think that any video coming over the internet and played on a tv is IPTV?

It isn't, dude, it's exactly the definition I gave. It's a subscription service that gives you TV channels and usually your local channels too -- through the internet to your device of choice. Doesn't have to be a television, like I said.

Don't know why you keep arguing when you are so, so, wrong.

You are just blathering in the hope that someone will fall for it…. You got busted and now you are trying to pretend that you meant IPTV all along ????

You SPECIFICALLY wrote about proprietary boxes from the likes of TRUE, as well as having to pay them a subscription. But there is no proprietary box nor a subscription payment to the suppliers of the aforementioned. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NextG said:

You are just blathering in the hope that someone will fall for it…. You got busted and now you are trying to pretend that you meant IPTV all along ????

You SPECIFICALLY wrote about proprietary boxes from the likes of TRUE, as well as having to pay them a subscription. But there is no proprietary box nor a subscription payment to the suppliers of the aforementioned. 

Here's the box that came with my True package ???????? this is what they provide to access the IPTV True app (it's not the only way to access this app, you can get it on computers and phones) and get IPTV. If someone was interested in getting IPTV, this is what TRUE gives them, and the box can do more than IPTV. That doesn't invalidate it as an IPTV box just because it has more features. It's been baked-in to smartboxes for a while.

If I wanted to get True's service to access Thai tv Not through the coaxial (not only the free ones broadcasted via antenna, the Thai tv channels that cost money) it costs money. It's a subscription.????

I don't use it, so excuse the dust, and I had no choice but to take the box with my package. It's branded TRUE on top. But you said proprietary boxes don't exist. That's 2 for 2 that you've been demonstrably proven wrong in. 

What is this weird reverse-psychology im-not-wrong-you're-wrong thing you keep trying to do? Like you just keep going on about how I'm wrong and not providing any explanation or evidence. Just keep saying you're wrong you're wrong you're wrong. Or maybe you just like getting abused in some, strange masochist-fetish?Really weird tactics when you already lost an argument, but ok.

You seem like an unhinged individual. I'll leave you to your disorder.

20230831_173842.jpg