Toothpaste review uproar: 1.7 million baht lawsuit gets brushed aside

snoop1130

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prominent lawyer, Ratchapol Sirisakorn, had previously stated that according to the law, a customer’s honest review or criticism of a product, whether beneficial or detrimental, does not constitute defamation. He suggested that pursuing such legal action is uncalled for, and the company should reconsider its lawsuit, opting instead for a conversation to clarify misunderstandings. Consumers should be allowed to critique products, as it can lead to product improvement, justifying consumer rights to express themselves

Well I never expected to hear this in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KannikaP said:

It would be handy to know which actual toothpaste, and what problems it caused her, so we can all stop using it.

No need, just stick to the true and tried non Thai brands, good hygiene and saving money do't go hand in hand.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

No need, just stick to the true and tried non Thai brands, good hygiene and saving money do't go hand in hand.

Have a butchers on the Colgate label to see where that stuff is made.

My TOTAL is made in Poland..........any better than Thailand?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 2

The  "thin skin" could/should have been aimed at the manufacturer.

Most toothpastes contain a frothing  industrial cleaning agent Sodium Laurel Sulphate that should not be on anyones skin, or ingested with medications and some people are more suseptable to SLS than others, especially gum irritation.

It is dangerous.    Look up the safety data sheets.   Now it goes disguised under at least 6 different names.     Childrens eyes are at risk, not just as topical eye exposure, but systemically when their skin is exposed to SLS.

Johnson and Johnson were proposing to sue another company that claimed their Talcum baby power was giving women ovarion cancer from the Talc ingredient.   Instead, years later thousands of women are now successfully sueing J&J  $squillions because of their ovarian cancer and by now the production of that existing product was due to cease.    Their different formula quietly came into being many years ago and not comntaing talc.

So good on that lady for speaking up about a reaction to that toothpaste.

The brand name did not seem to be in the full story? but regardless, look for yourself on any ingredients list, which is usually only on the packet, not the tube.

Edited by Jing Joe
correction correction
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/2/2023 at 11:41 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Why should "we all" stop using something that doesn't cause "us" an allergic reaction?

Personally, I would cease buying the brand because they were willing to prosecute the woman for defamation just because of her review.

Of course, that's assuming I knew the brand - and it was a brand I use.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1