Thailand eyes growth in pink economy by attracting international LGBTQ+ retirees

webfact

1 minute ago, sidneybear said:

We're all human. That's the only identity that matters. The methods people use to have sex doesn't matter one bit.

Diverse identities are NOT only about the different ways people have sex. Duh. But you're right -- all humans are humans. That was easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of older gay couples don’t have much sex at all, but they are in satisfying stable relationships.

They also seem to be well off. I think this is in part because many don’t have children or never raised children. That saves a ton of money over the long term.

Edited by JimTripper

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Diverse identities are NOT only about the different ways people have sex. Duh. But you're right -- all humans are humans. That was easy.

Let people be what they want to be, but why does a minority of pride fanatics shove it down everyone else's throats? I've got gay friends who are perfectly normal, integrated and happy in their own skins. They tell me that there's no such thing as a LGBTQIA "community", in fact most of them keep to themselves about what they do in private. 

"Pink economy" is just another woke marketing stunt.

And why does everything have to be related to sex? Why not add an O to the end of LGBTQIA, so that ornithologists are included?

Edited by sidneybear
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, sidneybear said:

Let people be what they want to be, but why does a minority of pride fanatics shove it down everyone else's throats? I've got gay friends who are perfectly normal, integrated and happy in their own skins. They tell me that there's no such thing as a LGBTQIA "community", in fact most of them keep to themselves about what they do in private. 

"Pink economy" is just another woke marketing stunt.

And why does everything have to be related to sex? Why not add an O to the end of LGBTQIA, so that ornithologists are included?

Shoving it down your throat.

There it is again.

Totally reactionary.

As said when countries try to attract LGBT tourists and expats of course they're seen as a bigger spending demographic and that's the reason. Also for trans people specifically Thailand has a large medical tourism industry for gender change surgeries.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thailand has a large medical tourism industry for gender change surgeries.

This is just baffling.

On the one hand, they say genitals don't define gender (e.g. when a man can use the ladies changing rooms or toilets, "It's not a man's penis, it's a woman's penis.")

Then, on the other hand, they prescribe gender affirming surgery which includes cutting off genitals.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

This is just baffling.

On the one hand, they say genitals don't define gender (e.g. when a man can use the ladies changing rooms or toilets, "It's not a man's penis, it's a woman's penis.")

Then, on the other hand, they prescribe gender affirming surgery which includes cutting off genitals.

Each person makes their own individual decisions on such matters. Not baffling at all.

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

To be honest, looking at a pride parade, I'd have thought it was all about sex, nudity, kinks, and fetishes.

I'd love to see a pride parade where they just wear normal clothing, or maybe their professional uniform, or whatever clothing defines them as individuals and how they fit into society..........rather than g-strings and gimp suits.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Shoving it down your throat.

There it is again.

Totally reactionary.

I was in Sydney during "pride" month. Even the bloody street signs were rainbow coloured. Why does all this exhibitionism about modes of having sex take a whole *month* anyway? We know you're proud, now get over it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

To be honest, looking at a pride parade, I'd have thought it was all about sex, nudity, kinks, and fetishes.

I'd love to see a pride parade where they just wear normal clothing, or maybe their professional uniform, or whatever clothing defines them as individuals and how they fit into society..........rather than g-strings and gimp suits.

Broken record.

This topic isn't about pride parades.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

I was in Sydney during "pride" month. Even the bloody street signs were rainbow coloured. Why does all this exhibitionism about modes of having sex take a whole *month* anyway? We know you're proud, now get over it.

Obsession.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

I'd love to see a pride parade where they just wear normal clothing, or maybe their professional uniform, or whatever clothing defines them as individuals and how they fit into society

Which would be perfectly consistent with all the hardworking and decent gays and lesbians I know. They dress and behave just like anyone else, and you can have a laugh in the pub with them.

1 minute ago, sidneybear said:

Which would be perfectly consistent with all the hardworking and decent gays and lesbians I know. They dress and behave just like anyone else, and you can have a laugh in the pub with them.

What kind of boring parade would that be?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

It's true though.

How is it homophobic to want children kept away from adult behavior?

This whole pride thing has been infiltrated by seedy types who go after kids. In my home town of Norwich, a pervert dressed in blood stained sheets was lecturing kids on how boys can have periods and was throwing tampons into the audience. 

All harmless fun? I'll bet you think it is.

Edited by sidneybear

8 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

This whole pride thing has been infiltrated by seedy types who go after kids. In my home town of Norwich, a pervert dressed in blood stained sheets was lecturing kids on how boys can have periods and was throwing tampons into the audience. 

All harmless fun? I'll bet you think it is.

We have sex criminals and strange behavior across all identifies.

You're intentionally promoting anti LGBT hate.

Now that's disgusting!

Do your imaginary gay friends know you're obsessed with demonizing gay people that aren't "normal" enough for your rigid standards?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1