Will Thailand echo USA's growing problem of Cannabis Use Disorder?

90% of the population in the US has sugar-and-fat use disorder. This includes symptoms like pork-bloating, developing fat bulges around the waist and neck, wheezing, having to walk with a perambulator, diabetes, impotence, heart failure, early death.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

It's clear our esteemed stoners in Thailand know with a certainty that there is no such thing as Cannabis Use Disorder.

Many use it every day and their own experience leads them to the conclusion that CUD is non-existent.

All the organisations who define it are wrong, like,

CDC,

very well mind,

mentalhealth.com,

Yale Medicine,

PsyCom,

Nature,

National Institute on Drug Abuse,

The BMJ,

PsychDB,

Pub Med,

UCL,

National Center for Biotechnology Information,

Psychiatry Online, Alomedaika,

United Brains Association,

Frontiers,

TheCannabisWatcher,

NeuroScienceNews,

Drugs,com,

News-Medical,

Cleveland Clinic,

addiction healing centre,

The WHO,

myhealthalberta,

NIH,

theravive,

BioMedCentral,

Science Direct,

Psychiatric times,

american heart association,

rutgershealth

On 9/5/2023 at 1:46 PM, mikebike said:

Replace the nouns ans ANYTHING could have a "use disorder" - what a load of carp. 

To have cannabis use disorder, or CUD, a person must have two or more of such symptoms as craving weed, becoming tolerant, using more than intended, using marijuana even though it causes problems in life, using it in high-risk situations, experiencing withdrawal and being unable to quit, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Don't those describe everything in life.  

... I crave sh!t

... tolerate the risk/stupidity of it

... I want more of what I crave

... and yep, sometimes it causes problems in my life.

SUD ... Smile Use Disorder ... therapy recommendation, 

Join AN's SUD Anonymous group therapy to help you lose the smile and be grumpy.

Hi, my name is LA

And I smile too much

I tried being grumpy, but it's so hard

One day at a time  ... thanks for listening.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 7:55 AM, JBChiangRai said:

Developing cannabis use disorder is relatively common in Washington state, one of the first states to fully legalize cannabis, and can even occur in people who only use medical marijuana, according to a new study.

“There’s a perception that people who are using marijuana for medical reasons have a lower risk of a cannabis use disorder,” said lead author Gwen Lapham, assistant professor at Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine.

To have cannabis use disorder, or CUD, a person must have two or more of such symptoms as craving weed, becoming tolerant, using more than intended, using marijuana even though it causes problems in life, using it in high-risk situations, experiencing withdrawal and being unable to quit, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Full article here: Cannabis use disorder is common in one state where marijuana is legal | CNN

I’ve never heard of any such BS cannabis use disorder, but the first sentence is enough to know there’s more problems with many, many chit-for-brains that reside in WA. The least of which is use of cannabis.   The ‘wall’ shouldn’t be for just the southern border, it should include all of CA, OR, and WA.

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2023 at 11:03 PM, TOPDOG1 said:

LOL!  This disorder is absurd. Likely concocted by bored doctors with way too much time on their hands. Many were funded by, and still are by, the United States government during the failed war on marijuana. As a person with a higher IQ, I expect only idiots or the gullible  would accept this ridiculous diagnosis.  Just more Pro drug-war propaganda and laughably false.

100 percent,  you are spot on with your post.  That use disorder for cannabis is total BS.  

I know people that have/had problems with weed. One was a girl and her case was very severe and she ended up in detox. For some it's an escape. 

Myself - never seem to have had a problem with it at all - except a bit of a cough after a long session. 

On 9/5/2023 at 12:34 PM, bamnutsak said:

Dunno. But you seem to want to be part of spreading "news" about the "problem".

You're about the fiftieth person here to share their warnings about the dangers of Cannabis. There have been quite a few threads about Cannabis Use Disorder here. No clue why people feel the need to warn other adults about their lifestyle choices? Or why people here need to keep repeating themselves.

Maybe you could just share why it is you felt the need to share these links?

No States in the U.S. have rolled back cannabis legalization. In fact, more and more and more states (and Native American Nations) are moving towards legalization.

Heck even Germany may be getting close, and that would break the dam in Europe.

U.S. health agency recommends easing federal restrictions on marijuana

The Department of Health and Human Services says marijuana should no longer be classified in the same category as drugs like heroin and LSD.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/us-health-agency-recommends-easing-federal-marijuana-restrictions-rcna102642

Thailand has many, many, many more pressing health problems: Methamphetamine, alcohol, tobacco, road deaths, an aging population, a massive migrant population, stagnant health care quality levels, shortage of health-care professionals. I think drowning is the leading cause of premature death in children here. Funny we don't here the preachers here telling us to ban water.

Your arguments are nonsensical. First you intimate there can't be a problem because no states in the USA have rolled back legalisation of cannabis. Then you use alcohol and tobacco as examples of greater problems that need to be dealt with before worrying about cannabis. Can you tell me which US states have recently rolled back legalisation of alcohol or tobacco? If none of them have, then, by your own logic, they must both be safe. Also, I'm not sure why you think USA legislation should be held up as some kind of shining example to the rest of the world? Look at the ridiculous gun laws and the fact the per capita murder rate in the USA is 20 times that in the UK. That Americans have yet to make the connection suggests a serious lack of insight at best.

The end of your post is the most ridiculous example of whataboutism I've seen recently.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/6/2023 at 12:37 PM, BritManToo said:

Why don't you go into the 'gay' forum and talk about curing them?

I take it you are claiming to be unaware of the fact that cannabis can negatively impact brain development in younger users then? You probably also think that COVID-19 vaccines contain microchips that are used to track people. ????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

I take it you are claiming to be unaware of the fact that cannabis can negatively impact brain development in younger users then? You probably also think that COVID-19 vaccines contain microchips that are used to track people. ????

Cannabis negatively impacts the developing brain.  It is unsafe for males under 26 and females under 24, the brain stops developing at those ages.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

take it you are claiming to be unaware of the fact that cannabis can negatively impact brain development in younger users then?

Alcohol too.  Probably second-hand cigarette smoke as well. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2023 at 12:34 PM, bamnutsak said:

Dunno. But you seem to want to be part of spreading "news" about the "problem".

You're about the fiftieth person here to share their warnings about the dangers of Cannabis. There have been quite a few threads about Cannabis Use Disorder here. No clue why people feel the need to warn other adults about their lifestyle choices? Or why people here need to keep repeating themselves.

Maybe you could just share why it is you felt the need to share these links?

No States in the U.S. have rolled back cannabis legalization. In fact, more and more and more states (and Native American Nations) are moving towards legalization.

Heck even Germany may be getting close, and that would break the dam in Europe.

U.S. health agency recommends easing federal restrictions on marijuana

The Department of Health and Human Services says marijuana should no longer be classified in the same category as drugs like heroin and LSD.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/us-health-agency-recommends-easing-federal-marijuana-restrictions-rcna102642

Thailand has many, many, many more pressing health problems: Methamphetamine, alcohol, tobacco, road deaths, an aging population, a massive migrant population, stagnant health care quality levels, shortage of health-care professionals. I think drowning is the leading cause of premature death in children here. Funny we don't here the preachers here telling us to ban water.

my problem is, I cannot remember the middle bit of anything I read about what was originally marketed as ''Reefer Madness'' (great movie).  the powers that be have been flogging this ''story'' for going on 90 years.

Bit rough on the op, reefer madness topic or no Anything you put in your lungs over time other than fresh air will have consequences. Tobacco, weed or any kind of smoke are not exceptions. Would I be anti-weed because of this obvious fact? Nope. Each to their own, I partake on occasion too and it clearly has benefits, but for folk to sit there and state tobacco smoke causes ill effects but weed smoke never will. C’mon. 

• Sad 1