‘Russian-only’ businesses in Thailand’s Phuket spark backlash

webfact

22 hours ago, Operator2002 said:

No, you are wrong. From March 2007 Russian citizens get visa exempt entrance into Thailand (30 days). 

Not sure which list you're looking at but I just checked and Russia isn't listed in the Visa Exempt category? It is listed in the VOA category though.

image.png

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Very funny. You took your history graduate degree where? You taught over four decades and retired as Emeritus Professor of History where/when? Never mind ... I read some of your other posts.

‘Something to do with America?’ When asked why we observe Labor Day, these Gen Zers ‘have no clue’

• Confused 2

Where are these so-called long legged, huge racked,  duck lipped Russian sex workers?  I need to investigate these claims personally. DM addresses or gps coordinates.  I'll report my findings later.  An in depth penetration of these reports is the only way to get to the bottom of them. 

Just now, Dmitry2222 said:

i hope you did not measure skulls with proportional compass to determine is that race barbaric  or not?

No, I did not, Simply a callous reference to the Cossack crusades, serial killing, and massacres. But, most of us come from cultures which have a savage history. As an American it was not only our history, but it is our present too. Especially within the US. The land of the free, and the home of the mass murderers.

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

‘Something to do with America?’ When asked why we observe Labor Day, these Gen Zers ‘have no clue’

American and European History finishing my last 27 years teaching undergrads. You?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

No, I did not, Simply a callous reference to the Cossack crusades, serial killing, and massacres. But, most of us come from cultures which have a savage history. As an American it was not only our history, but it is our present too. Especially within the US. The land of the free, and the home of the mass murderers.

and brain washed.

Many later secured long stay-visas, buying properties and establishing businesses to escape economic turmoil and the possibility of being conscripted following Russian President Vladimir Putin’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

This makes literally no sense. If the Russian economy was in turmoil, the exact opposite would be happening. Russians would not be branching outward and spending and investing in other countries. Like in the 1990's, there was probably not a single Russian in Phuket. 

On 9/6/2023 at 7:59 AM, natway09 said:

Well, I suppose I can say "I told you so" but the best or worst is still to come.

Phuket could very well have a melt down.

As to stealing work from Thais the police just consider any complaint as a nuisance unless

there is pocket money in it. The Labour Dept presence in resort areas are not really 

equipped to confront the Russian mafia.

The other question is how long can Aeroflot maintain their aircraft to keep them in the air for long haul ?

Aeroflot reached a settlement with Aercap 2 days ago. The aircraft will have legitimate registration again and will be able to be serviced in depots in China or Turkey.

https://www.flightglobal.com/airlines/aeroflot-group-reaches-financial-settlement-with-aercap-over-batch-of-seized-aircraft/154820.article 

On 9/6/2023 at 1:38 PM, Purdey said:

Either Thailand wants tourists or doesn't. Inevitably, there will be tourists who do something illegal, so arrest and deport them.

We want quality tourists, certainly not vodka-drinking Borises, that take our jobs. I've seen many working as English teachers, lowering the standard of education and also salaries, as they work for peanuts.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

We want quality tourists, certainly not vodka-drinking Borises, that take our jobs. I've seen many working as English teachers, lowering the standard of education and also salaries, as they work for peanuts.

Thailand has 28 universities in the overall Times Higher Education World University Rankings, while Russia has 481.
Thailand ranks 55th in the IMD education competitiveness ranking, based on 20 criteria such as university education meeting the needs of a competitive economy, pupil-teacher ratio, and student mobility. Russia ranks 51st in the same ranking.
Thailand’s adult literacy rate was 96.7% in 2018, which is lower than Russia’s 99.73%.
Thailand’s students scored below the global average on PISA tests in 2014, ranking 35th out of 40 countries. Russia’s students scored above the global average on PISA tests in 2018, ranking 31st out of 79 countries.

Yes, I get the joke.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Thailand has 28 universities in the overall Times Higher Education World University Rankings, while Russia has 481.
Thailand ranks 55th in the IMD education competitiveness ranking, based on 20 criteria such as university education meeting the needs of a competitive economy, pupil-teacher ratio, and student mobility. Russia ranks 51st in the same ranking.
Thailand’s adult literacy rate was 96.7% in 2018, which is lower than Russia’s 99.73%.
Thailand’s students scored below the global average on PISA tests in 2014, ranking 35th out of 40 countries. Russia’s students scored above the global average on PISA tests in 2018, ranking 31st out of 79 countries.

Yes, I get the joke.

I want English teachers from Scotland, which has the best schools and universities in the world, by population. Even the King of England went to school there, and the next king went to Uni there. Other native English speaking countries are better than Russia too, even the US. 

Statistics man, I could say that Russia has 50% more alcoholics that Thailand. I've never seen any more alcoholics than in Russia and Finland. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Purdey said:

You do know that Finland is world famous for its quality education? 

Also, that Scotland is infamous for its alcoholism rate.

Yes, I worked there. Finland is also known for the highest suicide rate and depressive people.

On 9/6/2023 at 1:17 PM, malibukid said:

it is now getting more difficult.  Putin desperate for cannon fodder.  now telling the cuban to come to Russia for good construction jobs.  upon arrival they get gun and uniform instead.

Stop lying

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

This makes literally no sense. If the Russian economy was in turmoil, the exact opposite would be happening. Russians would not be branching outward and spending and investing in other countries. Like in the 1990's, there was probably not a single Russian in Phuket. 

Never heard of Russian oligarchs and their cronies?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/8/2023 at 8:07 AM, Neeranam said:

I want English teachers from Scotland

There was a Scots English teacher up in Buriram - a guy called Bryan.  I very much doubt that most English speakers would be able to understand the English spoken by his pupils. I couldn't even understand what the man was saying.