Forum upgrade in progress! ×

More than 3 teaching waivers

Druidian

7 hours ago, Druidian said:

Each waiver is for two years, as we know, but what if one has got 3 waivers and they didn't exceed more than 4 years altogether. Could one apply for one more two year waiver?

You can always try. I got my fourth waiver after six full years. If you can show sufficient personal development and a desire to get your educational credits, I'm pretty sure you can get number four.

19 hours ago, Druidian said:

Each waiver is for two years, as we know, but what if one has got 3 waivers and they didn't exceed more than 4 years altogether. Could one apply for one more two year waiver?

It is the number of waivers, not how long that matters

As said, all you can do is try

23 hours ago, Druidian said:

Are you changing jobs or staying at the same school? 

Will your last waiver have expired by the time you need to apply for extension of stay and work permit?

The last time I applied for an extension and work permit, same job as previous year, my waiver only had 3 months validity. Even though I was applying for a year extention and WP, it wasn't an issue.

On 9/7/2023 at 3:22 PM, Druidian said:

Yes, I did exactly that. Three schools, three different years then in my fourth school I got my license (2 yrs). Then on to school five lol.

I've read teachers get toasted on the third. I'd recommend that you work at the best schools that your motivation and luck provide for. Good, well known schools look consistent and positive. Random boondocks schools and you're floating. Imo. Nothing will serve you better in job search than a deadly resume with good schools and spirit

Edited by Jelli

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 3:21 PM, TimeMachine said:

Let me know when they stop the nonsense and I'll teach again. Thanks.

What nonsense? Oh, professional licensing. Right. I imagine you are SO missed right now by students and the Thai educational system. We are not worthy ????????????

I was thinking absolute lack of applications and sw knowledge, no prep lessons, presentations and debates, group 'project' grades, blanket class grading, internet worksheets, playing extra long listening audio three times, showing late and leaving early to class, calling in sick on Monday after long weekend. Don't know grammar, how to write, can't teach skills. Oh, right.. ok. Silly me

Edited by PassportBro

3 minutes ago, PassportBro said:

I imagine you are SO missed right now by students and the Thai educational system. We are not worthy ????????

I'm no superman but sorry to upset you in thinking current system is not looking after teachers or students well enough. Things were good in South Korea last time I was teaching there. Perhaps I just have high standards and Thailand is not expected to reach other countries standards. Perhaps everything is as it should be.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Who is to say? You? Me? President Kim Jong? Bob down at the pub?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimeMachine said:

I'm no superman but sorry to upset you in thinking current system is not looking after teachers or students well enough. Things were good in South Korea last time I was teaching there. Perhaps I just have high standards and Thailand is not expected to reach other countries standards. Perhaps everything is as it should be.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Who is to say? You? Me? President Kim Jong? Bob down at the pub?

What does teaching in Korea (ugh) have to do with the opnquestion or even my post?

21 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Thailand is not expected to reach other countries standards.

Thailand is absolutely unable and unwilling. This is due to a poisonous mix of bad Thai administration, equally horrible Thai and foreign teaching.

Many students can and do want to learn. The teachers are utterly incapable of delivering sound, meaningful lessons. Farangs know nothing about Education and lesson planning/ execution. Edtech is just non existent. GDocs or Office, educational technology only Kahoot and worksheet amounts to coursework. They muddle thru everything to cobble some stupid time wasting activity together then off to online teaching, language schools and the pub!!

Funny how farang love to deride the Thai system and how horrible the English is. The yoy farang teacher with his ignorance, apathy and indifference seal Thai students fate and condemn them to the present catastrophe.

Edited by PassportBro
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2023 at 7:23 AM, PassportBro said:

Thailand is absolutely unable and unwilling. This is due to a poisonous mix of bad Thai administration, equally horrible Thai and foreign teaching.

Many students can and do want to learn. The teachers are utterly incapable of delivering sound, meaningful lessons. Farangs know nothing about Education and lesson planning/ execution. Edtech is just non existent. GDocs or Office, educational technology only Kahoot and worksheet amounts to coursework. They muddle thru everything to cobble some stupid time wasting activity together then off to online teaching, language schools and the pub!!

Funny how farang love to deride the Thai system and how horrible the English is. The yoy farang teacher with his ignorance, apathy and indifference seal Thai students fate and condemn them to the present catastrophe.

I taught (English, English Literacy, Maths and Science) in a number of private schools between 2006-2018; the one thing they all had in common was that the subject of Grammar was taught by a Thai teacher... go figure.

• 4 weeks later...