Irish Tourist Visa

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Who is WE? 

An Irish national and Thai national? 

Do not understand the two confused emoji. 

The OP never posts clear questions.

You cannot obtain a tourist visa for Thailand within Thailand.

Means asking about tourist visas to Ireland.

Also has not stated nationality of the the TWO people referenced by asking about "WE" 

If the OP wants any useful advise would need post details and not vague join the dots guess work. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Finlaco said:

@DrJack54  you don't have to comment on every posting unless you have something of value to add. Your reply indicates you have no first hand experience at applying for a Tourist visa from the Irish Embassy in Bangkok.  I appreciate your egerness to help but ....

Just post clear information and you will receive advice.

You stated "WE" in the OP.

Assume you are asking about tourist visa to Ireland? 

The nationalities of the "WE" would be helpful..

I never applied for an Irish visa, but have applied many times to other European countries. Assuming you're all about a visa for a Thai national, it makes a difference the nationality of the other person and the relationship of the 2. If you are the other person, you are a citizen of a European country and you are married to the Thai person, it will be much easier to apply at your own Embassy as you won't have to show financial proof nor a hotel reservation. You still might have to show flights reservations which can be booked by a travel agency without issuing the ticket so the booking can later be cancelled. Once you get the Schengen visa you can travel to any of the Schengen countries. If you are not a European or not married to the Thai person you'll probably have to show a hotel reservation for the full duration of your visit (can book through any of the booking website, look for a hotel that you only have to pay for upon arrival and that you can cancel the reservation without penalty). On both cases the Thai person will need a medical insurance and the embassy would give you a list of insurance companies acceptable by them.

It looks more complicated than it is, although the amount of documents required for a tourist visa is a bit excessive. 
just follow the instructions in the “document guidance” section of the Embassy’s website and you’ll be grand. 
Only apply for a single entry visa if it’s your first time. After a few single entry trips you can apply for a multi-entry and that can be issued for up to three years. 

46 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I never applied for an Irish visa, but have applied many times to other European countries. Assuming you're all about a visa for a Thai national, it makes a difference the nationality of the other person and the relationship of the 2. If you are the other person, you are a citizen of a European country and you are married to the Thai person, it will be much easier to apply at your own Embassy as you won't have to show financial proof nor a hotel reservation. You still might have to show flights reservations which can be booked by a travel agency without issuing the ticket so the booking can later be cancelled. Once you get the Schengen visa you can travel to any of the Schengen countries. If you are not a European or not married to the Thai person you'll probably have to show a hotel reservation for the full duration of your visit (can book through any of the booking website, look for a hotel that you only have to pay for upon arrival and that you can cancel the reservation without penalty). On both cases the Thai person will need a medical insurance and the embassy would give you a list of insurance companies acceptable by them.

A few things incorrect here. 
Ireland is not in the Schengen area, so a Schengen visa is useless to gain entry to Ireland. 
Even if the Thai citizen is married to an Irish citizen. Financial proofs are still required, along with proof of return (flights), insurance etc. 

This is because there is no “marriage visa” in the irish system for short term visits, so the applicant has to apply for a standard short stay tourist visa.

• Like 1

I have a useful, all-encompassing and pertinent Irish answer for you:-

"We...e...ell, to be sure, if I was after going to be going there, I certainly wouldn't be after starting from here!"

I am sure this will be as helpful as 99.99% of the other answers on here.

7 hours ago, Finlaco said:

@DrJack54   "The nationalities of the "WE" would be helpful.. "  yes if you had actual first hand experience/knowledge on this topic, it would be very useful  

So are you going to share the nationalities of the intended applicants or leave us to guess?
Fellow members will try to advise or offer personal experiences but you really need to give fellow posters a fighting chance rather than just picking arguments. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Mike T said:

A few things incorrect here. 
Ireland is not in the Schengen area, so a Schengen visa is useless to gain entry to Ireland. 
Even if the Thai citizen is married to an Irish citizen. Financial proofs are still required, along with proof of return (flights), insurance etc. 

This is because there is no “marriage visa” in the irish system for short term visits, so the applicant has to apply for a standard short stay tourist visa.

Oops, I'm sorry, you're correct. Ireland is not a Schengen member. My bad 

@Mike T thanks for the reply. 

We are fine on the document requirements per their website.  The main issue is timing.  Mathematically it makes it very tight as we will visit mainland Europe first and then fly to Ireland after two weeks travels. 

DM if you prefer.  May I ask a few follow up questions?

When did you apply for the Visa, was it possible to submit it more than 3 months in advance, and did it really take 8 to 10 weeks to process? 

• Haha 1