self-hypnotize or certified hypnotherapist in Bangkok

karl2007

I work in a technical field and just recently I have been suffering from anxiety maybe related to the job. So I always feel this the night before and I am thinking about it over the weekend is not a nice feeling to have. This only just started this year.

I would like to have some have some positive attitude towards my job and to rid myself of this anxiety. I have tried using some self-hypnotize from some articles on the internet but didn't really work.

Just wondering have anyone tried self-hypnotize or does anyone know of any certified hypnotherapist in Bangkok that has reasonable rates.

26 minutes ago, karl2007 said:

I work in a technical field and just recently I have been suffering from anxiety maybe related to the job. So I always feel this the night before and I am thinking about it over the weekend is not a nice feeling to have. This only just started this year.

I would like to have some have some positive attitude towards my job and to rid myself of this anxiety. I have tried using some self-hypnotize from some articles on the internet but didn't really work.

Just wondering have anyone tried self-hypnotize or does anyone know of any certified hypnotherapist in Bangkok that has reasonable rates.

I think this issue comes from being professional and caring about your work. 

It's a good sign IMO, but obviously your stress levels are interfering with you. 

Recently I've started struggling with the 'in-between phase'... that point at which I am dropping off to sleep and the mind starts wondering...   Just as I've nodded off, for whatever reason, I start worrying... I worry about retirement (20 years away), I worry about work, what happens if I lose my job etc.... 

I'm not a worrier at all, so its surprised me that this started happening.

Obviously drinking helps to sleep, but that is far from practical and while I do enjoy a drink I hardly want to drink every day just so I can sleep.

I have tried some sleeping tablets and '.....azapams or some '....zines' and they work well for a solid nights sleep, but again, completely unsustainable and most definitely not for repeated or long term use. 

The Marijuana... I've never enjoyed smoking weed, so have been slow to consider this, but, I've tried the edibles (gummys) a couple of times and they have helped with sleep and taking the 'edge' of worrying. 

So the question begs - Are these worries you are having, at night time (i.e. stress dreams or as you are dropping off and your imagination drifts), OR, is it something you worry about even in the middle of the day time when your 'logic centres' have better control over your thoughts ???

Edited by richard_smith237

2 minutes ago, Mark Nothing said:

I unload my problems on my omnipotent advisor and also ask for a solution.  The answer comes quickly and is usually simple to implement. Right before bedtime allows your subconscious to work the magic. Good luck.

I was wondering how long it would take for the 'just have a shag' (or w@%£) responses to come along (no pun intended).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, karl2007 said:

I personally doubt hypnosis is worth the time. Diet exercise…balance and compartmentalization of activities. If people don’t get physical activity at work then it’s needed at other times of the day, the body needs balance of physical and mental activity. Finger lifts on a keyboard or cellphone doesn’t cut it.

Not much experience on the subject, but I can see the seriousness of the problem, to you.

If it were me, I would find out about some psychology courses and try to find a student or two, to talk things over with on a regular basis, obviously much cheaper than a practicing psychiatrist.

You would be better looking for a therapist that offers CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy). There are a lot who work online over Zoom or whatever now. Most people with mild anxiety can get a handle on it after about 6 x 30 min sessions, but you usually see improvement before that.