Fire Causes Severe Damage to Pattaya Floating Market, Estimated 50 Million Baht of Damages

webfact

Looking at it from the road it would appear the fire was mostly on the left side of that big boat thing, cant see very much it's all blocked up with that blue plastic sheeting.

I see a lot of topic posts speaking about fire and insurance claims.

1st, most people that have individual businesses may have been insured. But due to the last 3 years of non income with Covid, I doubt many were.

2nd, if people were insured, they would not have ALL been insured by the same company for a mass payout.

3rd, those that were closed and run down due to Covid would not get a penny as a non trading (and non insured) property

4th, this site with so many erudite expats seem to know all the answers all the time. But they never give their real names, their real occupations (now or past), to back up and verify their claims.

5th, most people here are retired and have nothing else better to do than drink a beer and slag off any news ASEAN posts.

6th, Grow up boys and girls. Post some real genuine responses to the news, and stop bitching between yourselves about who is better than the other, who has more retirement money than the other, and basically who can keep their pecker up anymore !!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/8/2023 at 2:46 PM, redwood1 said:

Why ? Insurance fire scams are common.......I have heard the place was not exactly rolling in the money ......A 50 million baht payday must sound pretty good to a so/so business....

Some gasoline and a ligher is all thats needed..

Just like I said, typical farang,  thanks for confirming,  55555