Outrage over Abbas's antisemitic speech on Jews and Holocaust

Social Media

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

You really do have no idea...Google....Yahoo meaning! ????

OK, got it, its an insult

"Have you ever heard people talk insultingly about uneducated, uncultured country folks? They probably referred to them as yahoos.

If someone calls you a yahoo, it's definitely an insult. Yahoos are thought to have very little education and culture. People think of yahoos as folks who were raised in a barn — maybe literally. A yahoo can also be called a bumpkin, hayseed, hick, rube, yokel, or hillbilly. You can't really be a yahoo if you're from a big city. So if you want to insult someone from New York, you'll need to find a different word."

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

OK, got it, its an insult

"Have you ever heard people talk insultingly about uneducated, uncultured country folks? They probably referred to them as yahoos.

If someone calls you a yahoo, it's definitely an insult. Yahoos are thought to have very little education and culture. People think of yahoos as folks who were raised in a barn — maybe literally. A yahoo can also be called a bumpkin, hayseed, hick, rube, yokel, or hillbilly. You can't really be a yahoo if you're from a big city. So if you want to insult someone from New York, you'll need to find a different word."

OK, school's out for today, enough! Go home and do your homework!

49 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I would say yes to maga republicans.  But you can call Israelis fascists too. Nazis are a very specific subset of fascists.

So you call 80% of Republicans fascists, nice. 

As a non-leftist, I reserve names like fascist and nazi for people that fit it more closely. 

I do not call no consider Biden a fascist, but clearly, he warrants in more than Trump.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 2baht said:

You do love a condescending insult , don't you .

Yes, I have never heard of the word "Yahoo" being used to insult people , but its rather juvenile to add it to someone's name , although I expect that you thought that you were being very clever with that

14 minutes ago, 2baht said:

So some people I guess have forgotten their Jonathan Swift. On the deliberate misspelling: ha ha. But while Netanyahu may be a criminal who stays in power to avoid jail, he’s far from a yahoo. Insults and word games aside, the bottom line is: Israel, Palestine, and especially Gaza all deserve far better leadership than what they have now.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 2baht said:

I'll tell you what I think Nicko, I think you've had a very sheltered childhood!

The film Gulliver's travels, where the word comes from, was a bit before my time , it was an  old Black and White film from the 1930's , Star Wars was more my era .

Chewbacca, C3PO and R2D2 are names that I am more familial with, rather than  Yahoodis from Gulliver's travels 

8 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The film Gulliver's travels, where the word comes from, was a bit before my time , it was an  old Black and White film from the 1930's , Star Wars was more my era .

Chewbacca, C3PO and R2D2 are names that I am more familial with, rather than  Yahoodis from Gulliver's travels 

I know nothing about the film, but Jonathan Swift's novel "Gulliver's Travels," on which the film must be based, was published in 1726. I guess you're not an English lit major!

5 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

I know nothing about the film, but Jonathan Swift's novel "Gulliver's Travels," on which the film must be based, was published in 1726. I guess you're not an English lit major!

At lease not a pre-1990 English lit major. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The true comparison is between enemy states who attack their Country .

Palestinians attack Israel by throwing missiles into Israel and Israel retaliates .

When Afghanistan based people used airplanes as missiles to attack the USA and the WTC , USA retaliated  by waging war on Afghanistan for 20 years

The USA also retaliates when its attacked by other Countries 

Why do the Palestinians "throw missiles" at Israel and not, say, Jordan, Syria or Egypt?

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Why do the Palestinians "throw missiles" at Israel and not, say, Jordan, Syria or Egypt?

But they do though  , Palestinians have been warring with Jordon, Egypt and Syria to varying degrees .

Palestinians and Jordon had a war in Jordon which lasted nearly a year and thousands died in the civil war 

28 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Because Israel is where the Jews are. 

Why does Israel retaliate against the Palestinians and not, say, Jordanians, Syrians or Egyptians? 

33 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

But they do though  , Palestinians have been warring with Jordon, Egypt and Syria to varying degrees .

Palestinians and Jordon had a war in Jordon which lasted nearly a year and thousands died in the civil war 

Your previous post stated inferred that Israel only responds to Palestinians "throwing missiles" when the fact is that Palestinians who are responding  - to Israeli aggression, oppression and theft when they "throw missiles".

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Your previous post stated inferred that Israel only responds to Palestinians "throwing missiles" when the fact is that Palestinians who are responding  - to Israeli aggression, oppression and theft when they "throw missiles".

Israel attacks Gaza when Gaza fires missile into Israel .

Israel doesn't fire missiles into Gaza for no reason.

Israel fires missiles into Gaza as a response to missiles coming from Gaza to Israel 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Because Israel is where the Jews are. 

Why does Israel retaliate against the Palestinians and not, say, Jordanians, Syrians or Egyptians? 

Wrong verb.

Why does Israel retaliate commit war crimes against the Palestinians and not, say, Jordanians, Syrians or Egyptians?

Answer - because they are stealing the Palestinians land and denying the Palestinians a homeland.

(which is pretty hypocritical and disgusting when you consider how much complaining there was prior to the establishment of Israel on this very topic - no homeland for a people)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Israel attacks Gaza when Gaza fires missile into Israel .

Israel doesn't fire missiles into Gaza for no reason.

Israel fires missiles into Gaza as a response to missiles coming from Gaza to Israel 

You're almost there.

Why does Gaza fire missiles at Israel.

Because they do not accept Israel's right to exist . 

It's not really Israel's existence that is at risk though, is it?

832602218_Screenshot2023-09-24at5_28_07pm.png.682fcecf7c03556aaaa308e6bf72a9b4.png

The above chart is explicit evidence why so many resort to hyperbolic claims that Israel is committing genocide against the Palestinians and that they are well and truly on the way to Nazism

It's not really Israel's existence that is at risk though, is it?

832602218_Screenshot2023-09-24at5_28_07pm.png.682fcecf7c03556aaaa308e6bf72a9b4.png

The above chart is explicit evidence why so many resort to hyperbolic claims that Israel is committing genocide against the Palestinians and that they are well and truly on the way to Nazism

Hitler wanted to rid his Country of Jews , Palestinians want to rid the Country of Jews , Palestinians  want to finish the job Hitler started , Palestinians have support from Neo Nazis around the World

Hitler wanted to rid his Country of Jews , Palestinians want to rid the Country of Jews , Palestinians  want to finish the job Hitler started , Palestinians have support from Neo Nazis around the World

Oh the irony.

You've spent the whole 36 pages arguing that it is antisemitic to compare Israeli's to Nazi's and now you're comparing Palestinians to Nazi's.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Wrong verb.

Why does Israel retaliate commit war crimes against the Palestinians and not, say, Jordanians, Syrians or Egyptians?

Answer - because they are stealing the Palestinians land and denying the Palestinians a homeland.

(which is pretty hypocritical and disgusting when you consider how much complaining there was prior to the establishment of Israel on this very topic - no homeland for a people)

Where is your Aborigines homeland ?

Have you given them a Country yet ?

12 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Where is your Aborigines homeland ?

Have you given them a Country yet ?

40% of Australia is under native title and indigenous communities hold the freehold title to 17% of Australia.

Additionally, Australia spends $14,000 per annum per indigenous persons, more than double the $6,000 per annum spent on non indigenous persons.

Again it's a false comparison in that no aboriginal land has been stolen since 1788 whilst Israel are stealing land every single day.

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

40% of Australia is under native title and indigenous communities hold the freehold title to 17% of Australia.

Additionally, Australia spends $14,000 per annum per indigenous persons, more than double the $6,000 per annum spent on per non indigenous persons.

Again it's a false comparison in that no aboriginal land has been stolen since 1788 whilst Israel are stealing land every single day.

You haven't stolen any Aboriginal land since 1788 ........because you already have it all  , you took everything , there is no more land left to take .

Why don't you give the Aborigines a Country and have Sydney as its Capital city and all of New South Wales as an Aborigine Country with an Aboriginal name ?

Why isn't there a Aborigine Country ?

Its their land after all 

Oh the irony.

You've spent the whole 36 pages arguing that it is antisemitic to compare Israeli's to Nazi's and now you're comparing Palestinians to Nazi's.

Palestinians  sided with the Nazis in WW2 . and the current Palestinian leadership still has the same Nazi ideology regarding to Jews , so its a legitimate comparison 

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You haven't stolen any Aboriginal land since 1788 ........because you already have it all  , you took everything , there is no more land left to take .

Why don't you give the Aborigines a Country and have Sydney as its Capital city and all of New South Wales as an Aborigine Country with an Aboriginal name ?

Why isn't there a Aborigine Country ?

Its their land after all 

Your avoidance of Israel's crimes against humanity is not fooling anyone.

Making false comparisons with the situation in Australia or any other country colonised prior to WW2 in no way at all excuses or explains Israeli crimes against humanity be committed as we speak.

19 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Additionally, Australia spends $14,000 per annum per indigenous persons, more than double the $6,000 per annum spent on non indigenous persons.

But it 100% belongs to them, did you forget..........:ermm:

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Palestinians  sided with the Nazis in WW2 . and the current Palestinian leadership still has the same Nazi ideology regarding to Jews , so its a legitimate comparison 

After 36 pages of complaints about stereotyping all Jews, you are now stereotyping all Palestinians.

Have you no shame?

• Thumbs Up 1