Outrage over Abbas's antisemitic speech on Jews and Holocaust

Social Media

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

A classic case of victim blaming and supporting nazism in a single short sentence. Why are those kids motivated to throw rocks at soldiers? I wasn't but soldiers weren't shooting my friends and destroying my house.

If you want to discuss the Israel Palestinian conflict, you really need to drop the Nazi accusations and the constant references to kids .

People participating  in wars all get treated the same and age doesn't come into the equation 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Obsession 

You're like another poster who couldn't debate on the subject matter and so resorted to flinging insults. Sad.

1. Are Israeli soldiers justified in killing kids for throwing rocks?

2. Are illegal Israeli settlements not genocide?

Edited by ozimoron

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You're like another poster who couldn't debate on the subject matter and so resorted to flinging insults. Sad.

Calling Israel a Nazi state isn't debate.

It's a 100 percent antisemitic flame troll tactic.

The funny thing is that I'm very critical of the Israeli government.

But play the Nazi game and you've ruled out any sincere discussion. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

When it comes to Israel you are blind to both sides of any argument. And you will not weakly accuse me of being an anti-semite to another poster.

You have made numerous anti sematic comments though 

By definition of what anti sematic means .

Stating that Israelis  are Nazis is regarded as being anti sematic , I have posted a link in this thread already to show the official definition 

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If kids decide to take part in a war , then they have to accept the consequences .  

If kids throw things at other people, they need to realise that those people will throw things back 

Your dishonesty is ridiculously transparent.

The kids weren't throwing "things" - they were throwing rocks.

And "those people" are Israeli soldiers and they don't "throw things back" they aim their weapons, pull their triggers and fire bullets that rip into the flesh and bones of children resulting in death after death.

No rational human being supports such atrocities.

In my book, any who supports or even attempts to justify the murder of rock throwing children by heavily armed trained military professionals is a million times more despicable than even the bonafide, diehard true believer anti semites.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You have made numerous anti sematic comments though 

By definition of what anti sematic means .

Stating that Jews are Nazis is regarded as being anti sematic , I have posted a link in this thread already to show the official definition 

Show me where I said Jews were nazis or apologise.

2 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

And "those people" are Israeli soldiers and they don't "throw things back" they aim their weapons, pull their triggers and fire bullets that rip into the flesh and bones of children resulting in death after death.

No rational human being supports such atrocities.

In my book, any who supports or even attempts to justify the murder of rock throwing children by heavily armed trained military professionals is a million times more despicable than even the bonafide, diehard true believer anti semites.

I promise I am no more anti-semite than I am racist.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Rocks are also things , the things they were towing were rocks .

No dishonesty there , I just used a general term "things" as they may have been throwing things other than rocks , I really don't know what they were throwing and that's why I used the term things instead of rocks 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Rocks are also things , the things they were towing were rocks .

No dishonesty there , I just used a general term "things" as they may have been throwing things other than rocks , I really don't know what they were throwing and that's why I used the term things instead of rocks 

What the kids were not doping is firing high velocity weapons.

What the kids were not doping is firing high velocity weapons.

Should the Israeli solders thro stones back to make it a fairer fight ?

Or that may be unfair because that would be adults verses children .

Should Israel take its Children to the front line and get  their kids to thrown stones back at the Palestinian  kids throwing stones ?

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I promise I am no more anti-semite than I am racist.

Don't worry about those two bozos, they've nothing of value to contribute, their lack of intellect limits them to misinterpreting / misunderstanding other peoples posts to eagerly,  ignorantly and dishonestly hurl claims of anti semitism. 20 pages of posts and not one of the pro Israel numpties has yet attempted to actually defend Israel's crimes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Fair enough , I stand corrected .

You did claim that Israelis are Nazis , rather than Jews are Nazis and I have edited my post to show that 

Thanks. Sincerely. My original point was that there are nazis in every country and that Israel is no exception. I do go so far as to claim that in my opinion and for the reasons I have given, Israel can be fairly described as a nazi state. That's no reflection on Israelis in general or Jews at all.

4 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Don't worry about those two bozos, they've nothing of value to contribute, their lack of intellect limits them to misinterpreting / misunderstanding other peoples posts to eagerly,  ignorantly and dishonestly hurl claims of anti semitism. 20 pages of posts and not one of the pro Israel numpties has yet attempted to actually defend Israel's crimes.

"ignorantly and dishonestly hurl claims of anti semitism."

I did post the definition of what anti Semitism means from an official source , I posted the links to it .

I also demonstrated how the posters claims /posts are regarded as officially being anti-Semitic .

How can that be viewed as being ignorant and dishonest ?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

"ignorantly and dishonestly hurl claims of anti semitism."

I did post the definition of what anti Semitism means from an official source , I posted the links to it .

I also demonstrated how the posters claims /posts are regarded as officially being anti-Semitic .

How can that be viewed as being ignorant and dishonest ?

This is the first and only sentence on the introductory part of the website of the American Holocaust Memorial Museum. At no time since I joined this conversation has the word Jews been written or implied by me.

Are you going to insist that it's impossible to criticise Israeli government policies and actions without fairly being labelled antisemitic?

"Antisemitism is prejudice against or hatred of Jews. "

https://www.ushmm.org/antisemitism/what-is-antisemitism

Edited by ozimoron

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

This is the first and only sentence on the introductory part of the website of the American Holocaust Memorial Museum. At no time since I joined this conversation has the word Jews been written or implied by me.

Are you going to insist that it's impossible to criticise Israeli government policies and actions without fairly being labelled antisemitic?

"Antisemitism is prejudice against or hatred of Jews. "

https://www.ushmm.org/antisemitism/what-is-antisemitism

You can indeed be critical of Israel and the Israeli Government without being called anti sematic .

Its when yo make comparisons between Nazi German and contemporary Israel is when if officially became  anti sematic 

I will repost for your benefit as you dont seem to have seen it the first time :

The working definition of antisemitism

• Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.

https://www.holocaustremembrance.com/resources/working-definitions-charters/working-definition-antisemitism

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Nobody has said legit criticism of Israel is antisemitic. Stop the lying.

Equating Israel with Nazis is anti-semitic though. That's not legitimate. 

How often is “antisemitism” used to mean criticism of Israel and its ideology, Zionism? How many cases of “antisemitism” for which the British Labour Party is being crucified are of this type? 

We have not been told; even to debate the question could invite accusations of antisemitism. The evidence, however, points to anti-Zionism and criticism of Israel as the fundamental definers of today’s “antisemitism”. 

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/how-antisemitism-conflated-anti-zionism

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Blah, blah, blah...

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/mar/07/debunking-myth-that-anti-zionism-is-antisemitic

...the Israeli government wants to define anti-Zionism as bigotry because doing so helps Israel kill the two-state solution with impunity.

You didn’t reply to my post.

What you posted is a separate discussion.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You can indeed be critical of Israel and the Israeli Government without being called anti sematic .

Its when yo make comparisons between Nazi German and contemporary Israel is when if officially became  anti sematic 

I will repost for your benefit as you dont seem to have seen it the first time :

The working definition of antisemitism

• Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.

https://www.holocaustremembrance.com/resources/working-definitions-charters/working-definition-antisemitism

So, it's impossible for the Israeli government to engage in nazi like activities and have those activities fairly contrasted with nazis? You really want to pull the antisemite card but I'm not signing on to that plan.

• Sad 1

So, it's impossible for the Israeli government to engage in nazi like activities and have those activities fairly contrasted with nazis? You really want to pull the antisemite card but I'm not signing on to that plan.

I know you're not.

You're obsessed with keeping the Nazi equivalency thing as the primary weapon in your Israel demonization arsenal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The Israeli Government are not engaging in Nazi like activities though .

• Haha 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

I know you're not.

You're obsessed with keeping the Nazi equivalency thing as the primary weapon in your Israel demonization arsenal.

Any national action which I consider genocide can be fairly described as nazi. Illegal settlements are genocide. There's no religious aspect to this. You can't deny there are many nazis in Israel and you can't describe them as being antisemite. Try to draw a distinction between fair and legitimate criticism of Israel, no matter how harsh that criticism is and antisemitism. Nothing prevents Israel form achieving nazi status and it;s well on the way there if not already, by its actions and policies alone.

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Any national action which I consider genocide can be fairly described as nazi. Illegal settlements are genocide. There's no religious aspect to this. You can't deny there are many nazis in Israel and you can't describe them as being antisemite. Try to draw a distinction between fair and legitimate criticism of Israel, no matter how harsh that criticism is and antisemitism. Nothing prevents Israel form achieving nazi status and it;s well on the way there if not already, by its actions and policies alone.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israel-s-nightmare-homegrown-neonazis-in-the-holy-land-396392.html

• Like 1