Have I Missed the Boat ?

13 minutes ago, Dan O said:

. I say that as you really havent given a lot of detail\background and other than many being noisy its not needed

Read this 3 times from the OP..

"I'm 72. Australian. I have a luuk kreung daughter who is 11 years old and a Thai wife. We've never lived together but we get on well when I've stayed for a few months."

That's not remotely a husband and father. 

Laughable thread. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, lolex said:

So some background. I'm 72. Australian. I have a luuk kreung daughter who is 11 years old and a Thai wife.

you have some options. you can live here on a retirment visa, a marriage visa -- the requirments are not as stringent as you seem to beleive. You can also get a visa based on visiting your daughter until she is 18. Im noit sure however if the marriage complicates that. 

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

who are you to judge?

I have an opinion.

You are entitled to yours..

Again from OP words....

"We've never lived together but we get on well when I've stayed for a few months."....

Part time husband father.

"We have never lived together" 

"When I have stayed few months" 

Thread is a wind up surely

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

and if it is real, as one of the few folks around in a position to offier accurate advice, you refuse it on moral grounds. gotcha 

From one of my previous posts..

"At best you could live ongoing on extensions based on marriage which requires 400k in bank for only 2 months" 

So I have posted easy option.

If you cannot read into the OP his main concern is not family.

Again read from OP "WE HAVE NEVER LIVED TOGETHER" ????

• Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, lolex said:

.. Now I could sell up in Australia...raise around B9m and get a pension of about B40,000 per month. But if I live another 15 years the capital might not last long enough to leave some money to my daughter...

Your daughter would prefer to see you happy these years ????  There's only one way to not miss the boat - to jump in!

I don't think you need a medical insurance with the family visa; I was never asked for one; maybe after a certain age the rules change? But that'll be weird, that's not a retiree visa... The embassy should know, but my mission is to tell you as the son: if you really think about the daughter, just move!

2 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Or just live in Laos on the other side of the Friendship Bridge.  A 'retirement' visa costs $750 a year through an agent, no medical insurance or money in the bank required.

Seriously?

The wife and daughter are Thai.

And no way would want to live in Laos.

Also the OP has much cheaper option to live in Thailand being married to Thai national.

Annual Extension 1900 baht with easy financials.

• Sad 1