Thai Police Pledge to Cleanup Highway Mafias After Highway Policeman Shooting

webfact

Hopefully the oublic is smart enough to realize that they were oaying the cops.  Because overloaded trucks famous roads, get involved in accidents and diverts government $ to rebuilding roads causing dust, slowdowns and accidents. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rwill said:

But will they stop trucks from being overloaded?

Not only should they be fined when overloaded but they should stop the truck and have the company come out and remove the overload before allowing the truck to leave again.

They pay some money and the problem goes away! Like magic! :jap:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Nakhon Pathom – General Surachet Hakparn, Deputy Police Commissioner and Thailand’s most well-known cop, has announced a plan to clean up mafia networks including those extorting bribes from overloaded trucks in Nakhon Pathom.

My neck of the woods, and the sheer number of vehicles grossly over-loaded are incredible, officers just take a road-side tip and allow them to continue.

Some companies actually pay a monthly installment to be left alone 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, rwill said:

Not only should they be fined when overloaded but they should stop the truck and have the company come out and remove the overload before allowing the truck to leave again.

No..check my post above..

Edited by hotchilli

3 hours ago, rwill said:

Forget the overload distraction, what if the vehicle truck or pick up was transporting dope, much higher value and better able to afford the ticket

• Like 1

The "mafia" strikes again.

Sounds serious.

I never realized the Thais and Italians were so close until I came here and met fat thanakorn and lucky lukchai.

When are they gonna stop using this word to describe 2 bit Thai crooks who couldn't organize a flight ticket let alone a multinational criminal network