Thai man physically beat wife to death at construction site in Bangkok

snoop1130

2012-14.jpg

A Thai man turned himself in to police last night after he physically beat his wife to death in the dormitory of a construction site in the Thong Lor neighbourhood of Bangkok.

Thong Lor Police Station officers were notified of the death of 37 year old woman named Irada Winyayong at 7pm yesterday. Upon investigation at the scene, Irada was found lying dead on her bed with bruises on her face. Her husband, 34 year old Jetsadakorn Thongchai, presented himself at the scene and allegedly admitted to beating his wife to death.

Jetsadakorn revealed that he and Irada were parents to two children but that the children did not live with them. Both were employed as safety officers for the construction company and lived in the dormitory, a necessity dictated by the demands of the construction site’s projects.

The ghastly incident unfolded after a night of drinking on September 9, when an intense argument, fuelled by Jetsadakorn’s jealousy, escalated into a violent physical altercation between the couple where Jetsadakorn beat his wife. They eventually retired to bed, only for Irada to awaken the next morning with pain in her ribcage. Tragically, rather than seeking medical assistance, the pair opted to go shopping at a local market after which they continued drinking heavily before succumbing to inebriation.

Jetsadakorn recounted waking up that evening and attempting to rouse his wife, only to discover her lifeless body. Rather than fleeing, he chose to wait for the police at the scene, allowing a friend from the neighbouring dormitory to report the tragic incident.

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via Facebook/ คลองหันแดง นิวส์

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thong-lor-turmoil-thai-man-physically-beat-wife-to-death-at-construction-site-in-bangkok

-- The Thaiger 2023-09-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 4
  • Love It 1

28 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Clockwork Orange Thailand. Not a day goes by without at least one such report of ultraviolence. It didn't use to be like that. This is a new phenomenon that has to be looked into seriously.

It's been violent here since the first king was in reign. TV has news travel faster

• Sad 1

I'm curious to know exactly what was drunk. Considering the potency of some cheaper, 'lower-deck' booze here, the question of how much was drunk is not always needful or helpful in seeing how such a terribly sad event occurred.....as it was so obviously 'too much' to even bother considering that. 

I know I have personally been (long ago) rendered completely off-my-f****ng-head on even small amounts of 'lao khao'-type booze. Sometimes with horrible consequences. (Looking baçk, dunno how I escaped potentially catastrophic outcomes....though I stress I thankfully never went violently berserk......though came pretty close.) 

Condemn the guy yes......he deserves no mercy.....but his wife's dead (who he may have loved dearly), any kids now orphans, families devastated....he now may as well be better off dead, with the weight of guilt that'll bring him down over years of torment. 

My dear old Ma used to say we all walk a thin old line between perfectly fine & normal.....and utter, sudden nightmare......every day. Some know it, some don't. But outcomes are the same. 

The guy was most likely drinking bad booze. Cheap stuff. The 'opium of the masses'. Provided by those (CP et al) who require their labour without concern for their actual welfare as people. 

So sorry to read this news item. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Clockwork Orange Thailand. Not a day goes by without at least one such report of ultraviolence. It didn't use to be like that. This is a new phenomenon that has to be looked into seriously.

This is sadly not a new phenomenon in Thailand. Domestic violence has always been commonplace and tragically results in death all too frequently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, neverere said:

This is sadly not a new phenomenon in Thailand. Domestic violence has always been commonplace and tragically results in death all too frequently. 

The daily occurrence of people going into uncontrollable fits of ultraviolence (sometimes even children) is very new, I have been living here since 2009.

I don't buy the "it's just reported more than it used to" explanation, why would they suddenly decide to report more murders? Especially in a country which is so touchy about its image?

It seems Thai people are becoming increasingly violent and erratic, and this needs to be looked into seriously.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Actually it does. My country (France) has become extremely dangerous (far more than Thailand).

Well, where I live it does happen of course but not frequent like it does in Thailand, in France it might be a different story having so many migrants most of them are illegal I guess.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Actually it does. My country (France) has become extremely dangerous (far more than Thailand).

Yes of course it does (happen world wide) We get used to "still Kicking" breathless happiness if he can find anything bad about Thailand--- He is usually too busy looking at all these crime movies on Thailand --ones--that he can not remember any of the names of ----to actually look at the figures for his own country.

While only a third of Thai population Oz has always had a problem with domestic violence .

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, still kicking said:

Wait for all the good doers come out and say " that happens all over the world"

OK, I'll say it.  In the US, one in five women are victims of domestic assault from either a spouse or boyfriend, In Australia, one in six, UK close to the same

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, dddave said:

OK, I'll say it.  In the US, one in five women are victims of domestic assault from either a spouse or boyfriend, In Australia, one in six, UK close to the same

Yes, maybe, but assault is not murder which happens virtually every day in Thailand but hey I am not Thai bashing OK? And I do watch the news every day.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, novacova said:

Not anything new, humans have been killing each other for thousands of years. Television and internet news is a new thing, instant news and the reaction of those without a broad view tend to go into hysterics and believing everything is getting worse…same crowd???? 

Television news is over 7 decades old, Internet news is over 2 decades old.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Television news is over 7 decades old, Internet news is over 2 decades old.

People killing each other is thousands of years old, that fact hasn’t changed only the dissemination of of it has????
Access and distribution of information has nothing to do with people killing each other, human nature has not changed and isn’t getting worse. History is full of horrible things, and the same horrible things are most certainly going to happen again.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, novacova said:

People killing each other is thousands of years old, that fact hasn’t changed only the dissemination of of it has????
Access and distribution of information has nothing to do with people killing each other, human nature has not changed and isn’t getting worse. History is full of horrible things, and the same horrible things are most certainly going to happen again.

From 2023, reported psychotic fits and rage murders have increased significantly in Thailand (as can be seen on this forum where at least one is reported per day). So your rationale is that, for some reason, news outlets decided this year to report a lot more of such cases?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, oxo1947 said:

Yes of course it does (happen world wide) We get used to "still Kicking" breathless happiness if he can find anything bad about Thailand--- He is usually too busy looking at all these crime movies on Thailand --ones--that he can not remember any of the names of ----to actually look at the figures for his own country.

While only a third of Thai population Oz has always had a problem with domestic violence .

Explain what bad I have said bad about Thailand come on tell me 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, still kicking said:

Yes, maybe, but assault is not murder

No ----your right---hardly any murders in the USA..................:clap2:

I just finished watching that 48 hours American TV police program.......16 episodes 11 of them domestic murders.