Stray dog sanctuary’s ‘leash’ of hope in jeopardy as land lease nears end

snoop1130

3 hours ago, quake said:

Blah Blah Blah.

You just throw money at the problem. from afar.

No Soi dogs of your own.

How sad that is.

Children come before dogs with me.

Go figure.

That's great. There are thousands of charitable organizations that need help. My question is: How much money have you donated to charities that help children? My guess is not one single dollar, pound, euro, or baht. As always, you are the one who is "just talk." At least I have done what I can to help solve a huge problem affecting both animals and people. How about you? What have you done to help solve a problem? Maybe absolutely nothing? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acepredator said:

That's great. There are thousands of charitable organizations that need help. My question is: How much money have you donated to charities that help children? My guess is not one single dollar, pound, euro, or baht. As always, you are the one who is "just talk." At least I have done what I can to help solve a huge problem affecting both animals and people. How about you? What have you done to help solve a problem? Maybe absolutely nothing? 

garbage talk,  they are pests.  they chase kids and bite elderly.   you think the nurture programs works, well sorry but it's crap.  These soi dogs are pests.   PUT THEM in your condo.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Woof999 said:

That was all lovely and kum by yah, but being an animal lover while being a stray dog loather is far from impossible.

Yes, I agree 100%. Stray dogs are a huge problem in Thailand. But, as I said in a previous post, the problem does not lie with the dogs or their owners. The problem is with local governments that do not have any kind of animal control function in place. Every municipality, no matter how small, should have an animal control department staffed by full-time professionals whose job is to take strays off the street. If an owner can be found, then arrange for the dog to be returned and the owner to be warned that he or she must better control the dog in the future. If no owner can be found, then there is no choice but to humanely euthanize the dog. Otherwise, the problem will never be solved.

Edited by acepredator

5 minutes ago, acepredator said:

Yes, I agree 100%. Stray dogs are a huge problem in Thailand. But, as I said in a previous post, the problem does not lie with the dogs or their owners. The problem is with local governments that do not have any kind of animal control function in place. Every municipality, no matter how small, should have an animal control department staffed by full-time professionals whose job is to take strays off the street. If an owner can be found, then arrange for the dog to be returned and the owner to be warned that he or she must better control the dog in the future. Otherwise, the problem will never be solved.

you buy land and take them in ...   oh' wait sorry you can't do that.     !!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, steven100 said:

garbage talk,  they are pests.  they chase kids and bite elderly.   you think the nurture programs works, well sorry but it's crap.  These soi dogs are pests.   PUT THEM in your condo.

Yes, I agree. They are pests, and the problem should be dealt with. But, as I mentioned in two previous posts, the solution to the problem lies with local governments. Every government entity, no matter how small, should create an animal control department whose job is to remove strays from the streets. If no owner can be located, then the dogs must be euthanized in a humane way. Complaining about the problem does not offer a solution. Also, your suggestion of keeping soi dogs in a condo is absurd and ludicrous. Please try to get a grip on reality while there is still time.

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

you buy land and take them in ...   oh' wait sorry you can't do that.     !!

Yes, correct. Foreigners cannot own land in Thailand. There are already several animal shelters that exist. You could help solve the problem by donating money to help those shelters remain in operation, that is if you have any money left after donating to help children.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, acepredator said:

Yes, correct. Foreigners cannot own land in Thailand. There are already several animal shelters that exist. You could help solve the problem by donating money to help those shelters remain in operation, that is if you have any money left after donating to help children.

are you crazy ...  the only thing I would donate is 400 hollow point .22 bullets and a sterling semi automatic rifle.  That would solve the problem in a heartbeat.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, acepredator said:

do you not understand they are pests ?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, proton said:

More soppy sentimental nonsense over stray dogs, what about all the cows and pigs that get butchered every day?

Yes, it is tragic that 100 billion animals, including cows and pigs, are butchered every year to contribute to the unhealthy lifestyle of people who consume meat. As for me, I gave up eating meat about 30 years ago. If you are concerned about the lives of cows and pigs, then I assume you also do not eat them. Other than giving up meat, I can think of no other way to help cows and pigs. Billions will continue to die to feed the insatiable desire people have for meat, to the detriment of the people, the animals, and the planet Earth itself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

do you not understand they are pests ?

Do you not understand that I already agreed with you in a previous post that STRAY DOGS ARE PESTS? Why not try reading what I previously posted? In three previous posts, I said that the problem of stray dogs should be dealt with by LOCAL GOVERNMENTS. They should remove the PESTS from the streets and try to find their owners. If none can be found they should euthanize them in the most humane way possible, which would not involve hollow point .22 bullets. Please take the time to read my previous posts before engaging in more maniacal rantings. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, acepredator said:

If you turn round,  I would hear you better.

None of your business what I do for charities.

But it evolves children,  not  dogs.

What a sad bunch,  your type are. :bah:

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, quake said:

If you turn round,  I would hear you better.

None of your business what I do for charities.

But it evolves children,  not  dogs.

What a sad bunch,  your type are. :bah:

Really? Those of us who donate to help animals are a sad bunch? Because we think that animals are important, as are people? If you donate to causes that help children, that's commendable. Of course, you should donate to charities that help with issues that you believe in. I also have the right to donate to the charities that I believe in. If you don't understand that, then you are the sad one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, acepredator said:

Really? Those of us who donate to help animals are a sad bunch? Because we think that animals are important, as are people? If you donate to causes that help children, that's commendable. Of course, you should donate to charities that help with issues that you believe in. I also have the right to donate to the charities that I believe in. If you don't understand that, then you are the sad one.

your the sad one ... you have no idea ... they are pests and need to be finished

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

:cheesy:   you really have no idea of Thailand

Really? After living in Chiang Mai for 17 years I have no idea what Thailand is? I understand that the vast majority of stray dogs have no owners, but it's entirely possible that some might. I have seen dogs on the streets wearing collars that might have some kind of identifying information. It wouldn't hurt to try to locate owners, if possible. Of course it would be a long shot. If no owners can be found, then the dogs should be euthanized, as I've stated in several previous posts. Sorry, but I don't see the humor in this topic, so why are you rolling on the ground laughing?

2 minutes ago, acepredator said:

Really? After living in Chiang Mai for 17 years I have no idea what Thailand is? I understand that the vast majority of stray dogs have no owners, but it's entirely possible that some might. I have seen dogs on the streets wearing collars that might have some kind of identifying information. It wouldn't hurt to try to locate owners, if possible. Of course it would be a long shot. If no owners can be found, then the dogs should be euthanized, as I've stated in several previous posts. Sorry, but I don't see the humor in this topic, so why are you rolling on the ground laughing?

give it up .... stop beating the drum when it's a pointless issue ....  these dogs are pests, they bite people, they breed like mice,  Thai's are pathetic as they let this happen,  they chase the elderly,  they crap everywhere in the sois,  they are vermin .... and now i'm seriously wondering if your not in the same category ....  Lol

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

please just donate to my local staff at the bar .... they are not pests and don't bite kids.       Lol

Thanks for the excellent suggestion. I'll be heading out soon (if the rain has finally stopped) to donate to the staff at MY local bar. 

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

give it up .... stop beating the drum when it's a pointless issue ....  these dogs are pests, they bite people, they breed like mice,  Thai's are pathetic as they let this happen,  they chase the elderly,  they crap everywhere in the sois,  they are vermin .... and now i'm seriously wondering if your not in the same category ....  Lol

Yes, maybe I'm exactly as you described. In any event, I'm heading out, so have a wonderful evening.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, acepredator said:

Yes, I agree 100%. Stray dogs are a huge problem in Thailand. But, as I said in a previous post, the problem does not lie with the dogs or their owners. The problem is with local governments that do not have any kind of animal control function in place. Every municipality, no matter how small, should have an animal control department staffed by full-time professionals whose job is to take strays off the street. If an owner can be found, then arrange for the dog to be returned and the owner to be warned that he or she must better control the dog in the future. If no owner can be found, then there is no choice but to humanely euthanize the dog. Otherwise, the problem will never be solved.

Agree with everything you say there, but I can never see that happening in Thailand.

I have no probelm with those that feed soi dogs, unless they are doing it outside other people's property, but they are doing nothing to fix the real problem.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Agree with everything you say there, but I can never see that happening in Thailand.

I have no probelm with those that feed soi dogs, unless they are doing it outside other people's property, but they are doing nothing to fix the real problem.

Absolutely true. Unfortunately, as you said, the major changes that need to be made are not likely to ever happen here. As a result, the soi dogs and the people affected by them will continue to suffer. Very sad situation.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, acepredator said:

Yes, it is tragic that 100 billion animals, including cows and pigs, are butchered every year to contribute to the unhealthy lifestyle of people who consume meat. As for me, I gave up eating meat about 30 years ago. If you are concerned about the lives of cows and pigs, then I assume you also do not eat them. Other than giving up meat, I can think of no other way to help cows and pigs. Billions will continue to die to feed the insatiable desire people have for meat, to the detriment of the people, the animals, and the planet Earth itself.

Gave up eating dead animals and fish 51 years ago, the hypocrisy of the 'animal lovers' who eat them has always seemed odd. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, acepredator said:

That best selling book made the reluctance to do anything about the problem 10x worse

Edited by proton
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, acepredator said:

People first, end of

Animals don't even come on my charity list.

You can do what you want.

But don't come on a forum announcing how charitable you are to dog charities and expect, no flack.

( most of us keep our mouths shut about what we do )

So, yes you are sad for that.

Edited by quake
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, proton said:

Gave up eating dead animals and fish 51 years ago, the hypocrisy of the 'animal lovers' who eat them has always seemed odd. 

Your correct.

I believe all people should go and kill there own dinner some times, just to remind themselves of what they are doing,  as they walk along the rows of meat,  for sale in shops and markets.

Think you would see many millions of vegetarians over night, around the world

Edited by quake
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, proton said:

Wow!!! Over half a century without meat. Congratulations. Your longevity is a testament to the benefits one can experience being meat free. And, yes, the hypocrisy of animal lovers who eat meat is appalling. I've known a significant number of animal lovers in my life, but only a few vegetarians and even fewer vegans. Sad to say, but the vast majority of people in the world will be eating meat until they draw their last breaths.