New passport/first retirement visa question.

Hi I will be returning to Thailand soon after being away for about 7 weeks.While I was last there I got my first retirement visa with just the one exit.While back in the UK I got my new passport.I assume I can re enter ok on my retirement visa that doesn’t expire till December? I assume that check in desk staff will be ok with that as I will have just a one way ticket flight not a return?

Also would a TM 30 be required?Before I have stayed in hotels but this time will be staying with girlfriend in Pattaya.

Thanks.

• Haha 1

As long as you have both passports, and return before the expiry date specified on your re-entry permit, there should be no issue with the airline or airport immigration.

Since you, presumably, intend applying for a further extension of your permission to stay, it will be important that your girlfriend does a TM30 notification.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Just fly with both passports. 

When you state the you got a "retirement via" you mean that you obtained a non O retirement and subsequent extension? 

Did you obtain a reentry permit prior to leaving Thailand 

Yes I think that’s it.I sorted my retirement visa whilst in Pattern.It is my first one 12+3  so 15 months altogether was how it was explained to me . The re entry permit I think I automatically have one that comes with the Visa?.I was offered to buy a multiple one but I knew I was only going to do one exit then re entry. Does that sound right?

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Hmunker said:

Yes I think that’s it.I sorted my retirement visa whilst in Pattern.It is my first one 12+3  so 15 months altogether was how it was explained to me

Sounds very much that you used an agent.

In any event no issue to return to Thailand with both passports.

BTW: If you did in face use an agent you will need to use agent for your next 12 month extension. 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sounds very much that you used an agent.

In any event no issue to return to Thailand with both passports.

BTW: If you did in face use an agent you will need to use agent for your next 12 month extension. 

Yes I used an agent and will use agent for next extension.I applied for my first retirement visa last November but because my old passport expires this December had it explained to me I could not get the full 15 months so I lost something like 2-3 months.

Edited by Hmunker

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

As long as you have both passports, and return before the expiry date specified on your re-entry permit, there should be no issue with the airline or airport immigration.

Since you, presumably, intend applying for a further extension of your permission to stay, it will be important that your girlfriend does a TM30 notification.

Ok will get the TM30 sorted thanks.A re entry permit that will be a separate stamp in passport?

Am I right in thinking I was automatically given just the one exit/ re entry when I got my retirement visa last year?.I am back in Uk and will return soon

4 minutes ago, Hmunker said:

Yes I used an agent and will use agent for next extension.

You have zero issues returning presenting both pp.

You should consult your agent regarding transfer of reentry permit (if it's a multi) and visa information to new pp.

Also how are you doing your 90 day reporting.

If via agent then again another reason to infor agent that you have renewed your pp

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hmunker said:

A re entry permit that will be a separate stamp in passport?

Am I right in thinking I was automatically given just the one exit/ re entry when I got my retirement visa last year?.I am back in Uk and will return soon

Normally an agent would only obtain a reentry permit if you requested one.

Yes it's a separate stamp.

Takes half a page. Hard to miss

Here is pic of my Multiple reentry permit.

Obviously a single has "Single Entry"  

Screenshot_20230912-171140.jpg

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Normally an agent would only obtain a reentry permit if you requested one.

Yes it's a separate stamp.

Takes half a page. Hard to miss

Here is pic of my Multiple reentry permit.

Obviously a single has "Single Entry"  

Screenshot_20230912-171140.jpg

Ok thanks i just found that in my old passport with expiry December 2023 mine is a single but will hopefully be returning in the next week.

11 minutes ago, Hmunker said:

Ok thanks i just found that in my old passport with expiry December 2023 mine is a single but will hopefully be returning in the next week.

Simple question.

Look at picture in my previous post.

Do you have that pic in your PP.

Only difference being the word Multiple. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Simple question.

Look at picture in my previous post.

Do you have that pic in your PP.

Only difference being the word Multiple. 

Yes exactly the same except I have the word “Single” and valid until December 2023.So that must get used then when I re enter Thailand this week after being away for about 7 weeks.

16 minutes ago, Hmunker said:

Yes exactly the same except I have the word “Single” and valid until December 2023.So that must get used then when I re enter Thailand this week after being away for about 7 weeks.

Perfect.

If you need to exit Thailand prior expiry date make sure that you purchase another reentry permit

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hmunker said:

Hi I will be returning to Thailand soon after being away for about 7 weeks.While I was last there I got my first retirement visa with just the one exit.While back in the UK I got my new passport.I assume I can re enter ok on my retirement visa that doesn’t expire till December? I assume that check in desk staff will be ok with that as I will have just a one way ticket flight not a return?

Also would a TM 30 be required?Before I have stayed in hotels but this time will be staying with girlfriend in Pattaya.

Thanks.

Edited by arick

3 hours ago, arick said:

Just go to immigration the will change everything into your new passport.  Everything is in the computer even your reentry date and port. 

ONLY will do that where your extension is issued< NOT any immigration

Edited by zzzzz

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

ONLY will do that where your extension is issued< NOT any immigration

As a practical matter, that is usually the way it works. However, another immigration office is allowed to do it when you require some service from them, and you have moved your place of residence across the country. The new immigration office just needs to coordinate the stamp transfers with the office that originally issued them. Since this is a hassle, most immigration offices will only do this under extreme circumstances (such as when they are provided financial incentives).

• Like 1