METV - A confirmation letter from employer, School, Self-assessment, Pension statement???

So step #5 of the supporting documents section when applying for a METV on the E-Visa website is:

'A confirmation letter from employer, School, Self-assessment, Pension statement'

Can anyone enlighten me as to what any of these things are supposed to be confirming exactly?

Many thanks.

Edited by degodasilva

The visa system isn't smart enough to know which documents are required for any given visa type, so it lists all potential documents and requires you to upload something.

For my METV I simply created a jpg with the words "not required for tourist visa" and uploaded that for any unnecessary documents (such as the confirmation letter that you mention)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, degodasilva said:

So step #5 of the supporting documents section when applying for a METV on the E-Visa website is:

'A confirmation letter from employer, School, Self-assessment, Pension statement'

Can anyone enlighten me as to what any of these things are supposed to be confirming exactly?

Many thanks.

In the days when we used to deal with real people, they wanted a letter of confirmation that I was still employed by the company I worked for. That's what I'd upload now as well if I was still working.

16 hours ago, degodasilva said:

Many thanks.

The same requirement appears on the UK SETV application.

I think it may be catch-all question that applies to several different visa categories.

I have just got my SETV......I answered that is was "Not Required for SETV". 

Applied Friday, received approval following Tuesday.

I suspect that the "Employer" bit is the only thing an METV applicant might be concerned about.

In the days of paper applications I did a couple of METVs......including a letter from my employer (headed notepaper confirming validity) that stated that I would be returning back to work in about 6 months time. 

I guess they just wanted to know that I had a reason/requirement to get out of their country rather than stay there off-grid for 6 years!

It is possible that none of #5 refer to an METV? ie:

Employer = Employer in Thailand if applying for Work Visa.

School = Thai Education Institute if applying for Ed Visa.

Self-Assessment = **** knows.

Pension Statement = If applying for Retirement Visa.

The boxes in the E-Visa instruction manual don't match the boxes in the application.  The latest requirements (July '23) on the embassy website don't match the application.

Apply in good time to allow a 2nd or 3rd attempt if is screws up........that is probably the best attitude to take now that they have ****** up a system which used to be pretty much problem free.

Edited by Enoon

These are mostly the same METV requirements when i used to get it a few years ago,

Self assessment - proves you have an income

Employer letter, i was self employed so provided my company reg document.

Pension statement is to show income if now retired, this wasn't specified a few years ago.

School must be if student and going back.

If you haven't got any of those then, maybe they process anyway, or deny, try and see, no refund though