Amazing iPhone 15

Celsius

1 hour ago, msbkk said:

The new top Android phones from Samsung do not cost much less. And there is a big difference in the capabilities of a top phone compared to a cheap one. I own two Android phones, one for 6,000 Baht and one for nearly 40,000 Baht. Guess which one I like most and which one I regret to have it bought. 

But I agree that for most users a mid range phone is the best option. And no need to buy a new one every year, in my case it is probably 3 years or so.

Be careful not to offend these Apple cultists, they are very sensitive, especially now since the master has introduced yet another new phone.

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

I honestly can't understand fanboys, if I need a new phone I'll evaluate what is on the market and make a decision. I can't imagine automatically going for a brand just because..........because it's that brand, it's not a smart way to shop

Yet after about 10 years of being a Samsung fanboy, you decided to buy an iPhone 14 ProMax, and regretted it within a few months.

That wasn’t a very sagacious piece of evaluation, or a smart way to shop was it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Yet after about 10 years of being a Samsung fanboy, you decided to buy an iPhone 14 ProMax, and regretted it within a few months.

That wasn’t a very sagacious piece of evaluation, or a smart way to shop was it ?

I wasn't a Samsung fanboy. I bought one, liked it, and went from S6 to S9 and kept that for a few years. Didn't slag off Apple, didn't try to convert anyone, just liked it for what it was.

When the time came for a new phone I looked around, my Apple friends told me the 14 had come a long way, I thought going for a full Apple ecosystem would work for me as I use Macbooks. On spec alone it was a decent decision.  Just after living with it for a few months now I find certain things lacking or annoying, and that is the stuff you can't evaluate until you use it for a while.  It doesn't make it a bad phone, it just makes it annoying.

So please take your childish comments and go elsewhere, I wasn't insulting to anyone, just shared my experience, but it seems it has hit a nerve with you and your iPhone love. Up to you - hey the 15 has a USB-C port!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I wasn't a Samsung fanboy. I bought one, liked it, and went from S6 to S9 and kept that for a few years. Didn't slag off Apple, didn't try to convert anyone, just liked it for what it was.

When the time came for a new phone I looked around, my Apple friends told me the 14 had come a long way, I thought going for a full Apple ecosystem would work for me as I use Macbooks. On spec alone it was a decent decision.  Just after living with it for a few months now I find certain things lacking or annoying, and that is the stuff you can't evaluate until you use it for a while.  It doesn't make it a bad phone, it just makes it annoying.

So please take your childish comments and go elsewhere, I wasn't insulting to anyone, just shared my experience, but it seems it has hit a nerve with you and your iPhone love. Up to you - hey the 15 has a USB-C port!!

Okay, apologies for my sarcastic reply, but you did invite it to an extent.

My comment that you replied to was only about iPhones and the annual upgrades. I did not mention Android phones nor draw any comparison to them, so I don’t  know why you replied to me in the first place rather than make a yours a stand alone comment.

Yet in the first line of your reply to me you introduce Samsung into the conversation saying how much better and smarter than iPhones they are. You then imply that  for sticking with iPhones, I am a fanboy, unable to evaluate what is available on the market; remember that your comment was directed at me, and not a stand alone comment.

And you let me know of course, that you have only stuck with Samsung because you are not a fanboy, but smart enough to make an evaluation of every product available when you upgrade …. oh, please.

And you finished with a snide remark about a USB-C port, something I had made no mention of whatsoever in my original comment.

Anyhow, on the upside, iPhones hold great residual value, especially here in Thailand, and with the phone still under warranty, you will be able to sell it for a great price and replace it with a Samsung S23Ultra, which is an excellent phone.

16 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Big deal

If you move the  ',' then maybe would look at it

starting @ 3,700 baht would be in my price range ????  cant see the point of paying over 3,500 baht. for a phone 

Edited by ignis
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So please, what can an iPhone do, for the normal user, that a mid-range Android 11 cannot?

Me personally, no idea, I use mine as a back-up PC for messages from any direction, and my iPhone is like a Toyota, velly reliable........????

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Me personally, no idea, I use mine as a back-up PC for messages from any direction, and my iPhone is like a Toyota, velly reliable........????

I use my PC as a back up for messages on my Android! I cannot easily lose my PC or get it stolen.

Yes, I like my Toyota too. 

Edited by KannikaP

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I use my PC as a back up for messages on my Android! I cannot easily lose my PC or get it stolen.

Yes, I like my Toyota too. 

A few of us were in a restaurant, Mrs.T messing about with her iPhone 14 Pro max whilst we were waiting, I got my ol' trusty iPhone 6s Plus out and held it up in the air, waiving it about, so all could see it, it did cause a laugh, and it was understood too..........????

• Love It 1

Just now, transam said:

A few of us were in a restaurant, Mrs.T messing about with her iPhone 14 Pro max whilst we were waiting, I got my ol' trusty iPhone 6s Plus out and held it up in the air, waiving it about, so all could see it, it did cause a laugh, and it was understood too..........????

Love it. I'll do that with my Vigo!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

A few of us were in a restaurant, Mrs.T messing about with her iPhone 14 Pro max whilst we were waiting

Slightly off topic, but did anyone notice the three MPs sitting behind Lord Sunak yesterday, on their phones. As in schools, they should be banned in the Commons, where the members act more childishly than school kids. 

And as for that MP with a syrup trying to emulate the Trumper......555

Edited by KannikaP

15 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Run iOS!

And what can iOS do that Android 11 cannot please?

I am in the process of needing a new phone and cannot decide which.

Edited by KannikaP

29 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Exactly.

I have asked many Apple fans/users about this, but never received a proper answer.

As far as I see, iPhones are extremely restrictive. It even refuses to download an .exe file, for example. Its a nice expensive object to display around, take/receive calls, play games and mess around with social media.

With Androids, you can even use it as an USB flash drive in an emergency.

Here is a comparison - link

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

If you have Android then stay with it because you are familiar with it.
If you are in the Apple ecosystem stay with it and enjoy the synergy that it brings. The Apple ecosystem is far more than a sum of the parts and they are designed to integrate and interact.

if you want a phone that will have double the supported life the Apple is the only option.

if you change phones every couple of years stay with the system you are using because swapping is annoying as you have a learning curve and will get irritated by not being able to do things in the way you are accustomed.

if you want cheap buy Android but accept that it is cheap and likely low quality, it maybe exactly what you want.

If you want car integration then Apple CarPlay is accepted as the better option.

Almost anyone you ask will advise you to buy the phone they use.

For me I have tried android and have the resources to never need to inflict it on myself again. I also don’t need a high end phone as my main device is a 12.9” iPad Pro and there is no phone in any system that is half as capable, so I have a low end iPhone that is primarily used for Apple CarPlay and banking.

So if you find someone who has exactly the same use case take their advice or buy an iPhone 15 pro max .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ravip said:

As far as I see, iPhones are extremely restrictive. It even refuses to download an .exe file, for example.

There you are completely wrong. You can certainly download an .exe file on an iOS device, though there is no point except to transfer it to a device that is capable of using it. You may well need to use a different download capable program to do it but you can. Here is proof, though I forget exactly why I have those 2.IMG_6793.thumb.jpeg.e0e83dfc5e312e5b004fee55d1b44277.jpeg

As to the supposed restrictions I have not found anything that I wanted to do that I can’t.

I have no desire to do most of the bling related things that are touted as being so good. 

The “restrictions” are often stated as “restrictions” because the user doesn’t know, or want to find out, how to do them.

I would me interested to know of a “restriction” that stops me doing anything I want to do.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

There you are completely wrong. You can certainly download an .exe file on an iOS device, though there is no point except to transfer it to a device that is capable of using it. You may well need to use a different download capable program to do it but you can.

As to the supposed restrictions I have not found anything that I wanted to do that I can’t.

I have no desire to do most of the bling related things that are touted as being so good. 

The “restrictions” are often stated as “restrictions” because the user doesn’t know, or want to find out, how to do them.

I would me interested to know of a “restriction” that stops me doing anything I want to do.

It is quite interesting, what you say.

OK. I've never used an Apple device. That said, there had been times where I wanted to pair with a Bluetooth device it failed -  but with an Android, it was successful. Once, I needed to download a file to reinstall my laptop, again the download failed (driver file) - on an Android, no issues. No special Apps were necessary.

As a techie, I mess around a lot with similar stuff, and found iOS very temperamental!

Edit

Most Apple users I contacted when I was stuck, knew nothing of a way out - most were just just basic users.

Edited by ravip
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

If you have Android then stay with it because you are familiar with it.
If you are in the Apple ecosystem stay with it and enjoy the synergy that it brings. The Apple ecosystem is far more than a sum of the parts and they are designed to integrate and interact.

if you want a phone that will have double the supported life the Apple is the only option.

if you change phones every couple of years stay with the system you are using because swapping is annoying as you have a learning curve and will get irritated by not being able to do things in the way you are accustomed.

if you want cheap buy Android but accept that it is cheap and likely low quality, it maybe exactly what you want.

If you want car integration then Apple CarPlay is accepted as the better option.

Almost anyone you ask will advise you to buy the phone they use.

For me I have tried android and have the resources to never need to inflict it on myself again. I also don’t need a high end phone as my main device is a 12.9” iPad Pro and there is no phone in any system that is half as capable, so I have a low end iPhone that is primarily used for Apple CarPlay and banking.

So if you find someone who has exactly the same use case take their advice or buy an iPhone 15 pro max .

Absolutely agree...   Its often difficult to have discussions about Apple / Android on forum such as this as people always start dropping the 'Apple Fan Boy' or 'Apple Hater' accusations when in reality people just use what they are familiar with. 

I remember making a switch to HTC, I didn't like it so switched to the Samsung S5 (their premium phone at the time - so thats how far back it was) - I was less than impressed and lasted about 8 months before switching back to Apple. 

I found the iPhoneX to be a huge upgrade (I'd stepped up from iPhone 7), I next purchased an iPhone 12 mini thinking I'd like the smaller size, I didn't... I went to a 12 Pro Max... I didnt like that size either.

I settled on the iPhone 13 (standard) which I've used for about 22 months - its been great and I've no reason to change it. 

Price is obviously what most people are shouting about and I too find Apple products expensive...  thus, I was looking at a switch but the other decent standard phones are also expensive 

- Xiaomi 13 Pro and thats 39,990 Baht so no cheaper than the Apple. 

- Oppo Find X5 Pro - 35,900 baht,

Thus: Is the switch from Apple worth it at all ??

Those comparing their 3 year old 8000 baht Oppo with a new iPhone and suggesting that the iPhones are too expensive are not making a balance comparison. 

Compare a 8000 baht Oppo Phone with the iPhone X (even though the iPhone x is a number of years old) and the comparison may be more realistic.

IMO - its better to buy a iPhone thats a year or two old and get better value. 

Ultimately - people are going to prefer to stay with what they know... there's nothing wrong with that. 

The fools who start levying accusation at others are complete tools - its like arguing over which car is more suitable for us, or which laptop or desk top etc... 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Anyone who still goes out to buy the new scam iPhone needs their head examining. So many new Android phones are just as good, if not superior, at a fraction of the cost.  This latest rip off, at what, 33,000 Baht is a prime example. People with more money than sense will still get ripped off by Apple until they all come to their senses, or unless they are 15 year old Japanese/Korean girls', who never learn anything useful. 

Is this a "tell people you can't afford an iPhone without telling people you can't afford an iPhone" kind of statement? 

An iPhone alone will not do much different from an Android phone, but as someone who uses many apple gadgets (computer, watch, TV, phone, iPad) they all play very nicely with each other and feel like an extension of one another.   Want to use the high quality camera from your phone as your "webcam", go ahead as it seamlessly uses it.   Want to use the iPad as a second screen for the computer, no problems.  Left your phone elsewhere in the house and want to pick up that call on the computer, no problems.  My gf uses an android phone and an iPad and even getting photos from one to another is a traumatic experience for her.

Switching to the best and most expensive Android phone available would be a huge downgrade, for me at least.   

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, James105 said:

Is this a "tell people you can't afford an iPhone without telling people you can't afford an iPhone" kind of statement? 

An iPhone alone will not do much different from an Android phone, but as someone who uses many apple gadgets (computer, watch, TV, phone, iPad) they all play very nicely with each other and feel like an extension of one another.   Want to use the high quality camera from your phone as your "webcam", go ahead as it seamlessly uses it.   Want to use the iPad as a second screen for the computer, no problems.  Left your phone elsewhere in the house and want to pick up that call on the computer, no problems.  My gf uses an android phone and an iPad and even getting photos from one to another is a traumatic experience for her.

Switching to the best and most expensive Android phone available would be a huge downgrade, for me at least.   

most expensive Android phone available  I notice  is the Z flip Galaxy @ 59,900 baht at AIS  but at Samsung Thailand  online Galaxy Z Fold ฿65- ฿75,900.00   ??

My Vivo 3,200 baht phone is over 4 years old and has been perfect until about a month ago, could not  hear anything . only with the speaker on, then the beep sound for messages stopped, last weekend the speaker started missing words = went to the shop.....  They had a number of brand new phones which had not sold in the back room.....  So went with the Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro, they unpacked it and undated it so is on Android 10 + transferred everything from the old phone = total cost 2,499 baht.. 

Always worth asking it the have any unsold phones and get a deal

13 minutes ago, ignis said:

most expensive Android phone available  I notice  is the Z flip Galaxy @ 59,900 baht at AIS  but at Samsung Thailand  online Galaxy Z Fold ฿65- ฿75,900.00   ??

My Vivo 3,200 baht phone is over 4 years old and has been perfect until about a month ago, could not  hear anything . only with the speaker on, then the beep sound for messages stopped, last weekend the speaker started missing words = went to the shop.....  They had a number of brand new phones which had not sold in the back room.....  So went with the Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro, they unpacked it and undated it so is on Android 10 + transferred everything from the old phone = total cost 2,499 baht.. 

Always worth asking it the have any unsold phones and get a deal

The samsung J7 pro had it last security update in the first quarter of 2021. It hasn't had any updates since. Hope you are not doing anything secure on it, like banking, or reading your email.