Amazing iPhone 15

Celsius

On 9/13/2023 at 4:33 PM, SuperSaiyan said:

I bought Starbucks daily the last 2 years even though I hated the company and their political agenda and recently I discovered a small coffee machine with capsules, they even have Starbucks capsules. I am saving like $500 a month, it's insane.

With that type of savings,  you can soon buy the iPhone 15 Pro Max /512gb in a couple of months!

On 9/13/2023 at 5:56 PM, bkk6060 said:

It seems to be a way over priced cult purchase. Probably the same folks that will only have a coffee at rip off Starbucks.  I will never drink the Apple kool-aid what a huge waste.

I was at a Starbucks when I read this. I then slowly looked to my left..and to my right. I took my chances and hightailed it out of there, covering up my Venti with both hands. 

Edited by Furioso

11 hours ago, surat04 said:

No. The first thing they look at is your Suzuki Celerio when you pull up outside.

You're right, if I were single and I actually owned a car, my key fob would have the Mercedes logo on it, placed on the table.............????

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 12:33 PM, Mavideol said:

agree with you....I am 70 years old and never had anything/any product from Apple/MacIntosh/Mac..... and, for the keyboard warriors, I can afford it, the idea of being forced into buying ONLY their "monopoly" stuff turned me way from their start back in the 1980's

In other words, you can't afford it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, surat04 said:

No. The first thing they look at is your Suzuki Celerio when you pull up outside.

I near forgot, you may, but I would not meet the birds in the car park, as you obviously do, plus your Honda Scoopy is easily concealed........:thumbsup:........????

On 9/13/2023 at 5:21 PM, Doctor Tom said:

Anyone who still goes out to buy the new scam iPhone needs their head examining. So many new Android phones are just as good, if not superior, at a fraction of the cost.  This latest rip off, at what, 33,000 Baht is a prime example. People with more money than sense will still get ripped off by Apple until they all come to their senses, or unless they are 15 year old Japanese/Korean girls', who never learn anything useful. 

hahah ordered mine, 15 pro, 45,900, you do get what you pay for, trashed enough Nokias and cheap androids in my day to know a quality product when I get one, since ive never had an iPhone break down on me they will keep me returning same goes for there tablets and computers, like I said you get what you pay for unfortunately can't say the same about the opposition.....

5 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

hahah ordered mine, 15 pro, 45,900, you do get what you pay for, trashed enough Nokias and cheap androids in my day to know a quality product when I get one, since ive never had an iPhone break down on me they will keep me returning same goes for there tablets and computers, like I said you get what you pay for unfortunately can't say the same about the opposition.....

I ditched Apple products 8 years ago.  I have a Samsung A Tab, an HP Computer and my phone is a 8,000 Baht Oppo 37.  All of which can do precisely all of things that an Apple product can do,  at a fraction of the price.  Price does not always, or even often, guarantee quality.  You only have to look at the World of high fashion, high dining, or high end hookers,  to see the truth of that statement.  Good luck to you if you are happy with their products.  Personally, before my change to android, I had 3 iPhones break on me and 1 iPad.   

3 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

I ditched Apple products 8 years ago.  I have a Samsung A Tab, an HP Computer and my phone is a 8,000 Baht Oppo 37.  All of which can do precisely all of things that an Apple product can do,  at a fraction of the price.  Price does not always, or even often, guarantee quality.  You only have to look at the World of high fashion, high dining, or high end hookers,  to see the truth of that statement.  Good luck to you if you are happy with their products.  Personally, before my change to android, I had 3 iPhones break on me and 1 iPad.   

The TGFs oppo died late last year,  she's very happy with my iPhone XR which is going on 5 ys old until the new 15 pro turns up then she gets my 13 pro max which she's delighted about...you must only pick up the phone twice a day, though I admit the TGF lives on her phone, I swear she's given my old XR a real work out.....

26 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Thanks for confirming that the latest and greatest iPhone is 60hz.

And USB 2.0 too

ROFL

You must know something the rest of us don't know about, but it has been made pretty clear the pro is 120hz and has been for a number of years and to save battery life will adjust the refresh rate as you use it, that's Apple smarts, as for the C standard cable is not fast charge capable but you can or will be able to buy a cable suitable for fast charging, my life is not so fast I need to worry about that got along just fine for a lot of years, have simple tricks like charging the phone in the car when driving, you should try it...

23 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

The TGFs oppo died late last year,  she's very happy with my iPhone XR which is going on 5 ys old until the new 15 pro turns up then she gets my 13 pro max which she's delighted about...you must only pick up the phone twice a day, though I admit the TGF lives on her phone, I swear she's given my old XR a real work out.....

If iphone is so great then why are you going from 13pro to 15 pro? Probably because apple specs underdeliver every single year.

My wife's note 9 is still going strong. She will only upgrade to garaxy 24 ultra because she is running out of storage.

27 minutes ago, Celsius said:

If iphone is so great then why are you going from 13pro to 15 pro? Probably because apple specs underdeliver every single year.

My wife's note 9 is still going strong. She will only upgrade to garaxy 24 ultra because she is running out of storage.

It shows you like to nitpick and are on this android apple bash bandwagon, I would have like to check out the new Pixel but could not get one in my hands, only on order I was told from several BKK retailers, i loved the Samsung Note and was tempted, why 15 pro? because my 13 pro max is too heavy, after 18 months the weight off it annoys me, nothing wrong with how it works. They have replaced the stainless steel frame with titanium on the 15 pro range to make it lighter.

You really need to do more research before shooting your mouth off over Apple, its well known that what Apple do they just do it better than everybody else, they don't try to be the first flip or foldable on the market and that early foldable was a piece of engineering junk, a mate of mine bought one for his wife, while he stuck with his iPhone, it was a terrible looking thing and for some unbelievable price too....well into the $AU2000's....

Apple specs on paper don't always match there competitors but that don't mean they don't work better than there competitors, they often do.

Get over the negatives you have for Apple, I was considering a Pixel and in the past a Note, for me i just want a good camera hence the interest in the new Pixel, after that any high end android would be similar to an iPhone.

21 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

It shows you like to nitpick and are on this android apple bash bandwagon, I would have like to check out the new Pixel but could not get one in my hands, only on order I was told from several BKK retailers, i loved the Samsung Note and was tempted, why 15 pro? because my 13 pro max is too heavy, after 18 months the weight off it annoys me, nothing wrong with how it works. They have replaced the stainless steel frame with titanium on the 15 pro range to make it lighter.

You really need to do more research before shooting your mouth off over Apple, its well known that what Apple do they just do it better than everybody else, they don't try to be the first flip or foldable on the market and that early foldable was a piece of engineering junk, a mate of mine bought one for his wife, while he stuck with his iPhone, it was a terrible looking thing and for some unbelievable price too....well into the $AU2000's....

Apple specs on paper don't always match there competitors but that don't mean they don't work better than there competitors, they often do.

Get over the negatives you have for Apple, I was considering a Pixel and in the past a Note, for me i just want a good camera hence the interest in the new Pixel, after that any high end android would be similar to an iPhone.

You just went on a 3 paragraph rant claiming i hate apple products and am an android fanboi while you essentially admitting 13promax is no good for you  anymore. 

Nah...i'm not an android fanboy. Whatever company releases the phone that suits me in that momemt it time that is what I will buy - no obsessions about the logo and brand.

These sort of obssive fanboy arguments have been going on since commodore/atari days. There is no phone that is better aa they all do the same they are designed to do for the past 15 years. There is nothong revolutionary about Apple's latest phone or the one efore that.

Edited by Celsius
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Celsius said:

Thanks for confirming that the latest and greatest iPhone is 60hz.

And USB 2.0 too

ROFL

You really can’t read and are just biased. The greatest iPhone is 120 hz and USB 3 despite your misinformed claims.

ProMotion technology with adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz

USB 3 (up to 10Gb/s)

Source https://www.apple.com/iphone-15-pro/specs/

Yes there are less expensive iPhone 15 models that are 60hz and USB 2 but those are not the pro models.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You really can’t read and are just biased. The greatest iPhone is 120 hz and USB 3 despite your misinformed claims.

Source https://www.apple.com/iphone-15-pro/specs/

Yes there are less expensive iPhone 15 models that are 60hz and USB 2 but those are not the pro models.

Second fanboy confirming that 30k iPhone 15 comes with USB 2 and 60Hz

Too funny

If one has money, why not spend as much as possible to make oneself happy? It's their choice, let 'em be!

For example, the following too exists for people to enjoy - and they do!

A quartz Watch - Graff Diamonds Hallucination - $55 million

A car - The Rolls-Royce Boat Tail -  $27.8 million

A whiskey -  Isabella's Islay -  $ 6,200,000

So what's 50k THB for a phone! :whistling:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ravip said:

If one has money, why not spend as much as possible to make oneself happy? It's their choice, let 'em be!

For example, the following too exists for people to enjoy - and they do!

A quartz Watch - Graff Diamonds Hallucination - $55 million

A car - The Rolls-Royce Boat Tail -  $27.8 million

A whiskey -  Isabella's Islay -  $ 6,200,000

So what's 50k THB for a phone! :whistling:

I completely agree.

But no need for such comparisons. Apple's target audience is not even close to someone buying a luxury watch or Lambo. It is targeted mass delusional brand hores who are attempting to make themselves appear financially better than they really are. Same people who buy under 40,000k LV bags and Oyster Perpetual. 

It's a freakin' phone not a learjet. There is nothing funnier to watch than low classes fighting over brand names that made them rich by such low classes. 

Edited by Celsius

7 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I completely agree.

But no need for such comparisons. Apple's target audience is not even close to someone buying a luxury watch or Lambo. It is targeted mass delusional brand hores who are attempting to make themselves appear financially better than they really are. Same people who buy under 40,000k LV bags and Oyster Perpetual. 

It's a freakin' phone not a learjet. There is nothing funnier to watch than low classes fighting over brand names that made them rich by such low classes. 

Low classes, a hi-so member, eh...............:huh:

So what brand of phone do Lambo owners buy, I am sure you must know, being a people watcher too..................????

I really don't think you know what you are talking about............:spamsign:

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Low classes, a hi-so member, eh...............:huh:

So what brand of phone do Lambo owners buy, I am sure you must know, being a people watcher too..................????

I really don't think you know what you are talking about............:spamsign:

Nothing to do with loso/hiso. Like I said, it's just a phone. 

On 9/15/2023 at 8:47 PM, Woof999 said:

Exactly this. Apple's model is pretty much that you buy into their complete ecosystem. This offers some benefits but, for me, some show stopping drawbacks. I'm a software dev and have been for decades. My customers are typically PC/Microsoft/Windows/SQL Server/IIS. Macs and iPhones don't fit well with that model. Android does. Android also gives me a choice of 1000s of models, from the cheapest of the cheap right through to higher end and more expensive than Apple (so I don't know where all the "you can't afford it" rubbish comes from).

If you like iPhone then that's great, it doesn't affect me in any way. If you like Android then that's also great, it doesn't affect me in any way.

Also interesting is a YouTube channel such as Louis Rossman. If you think that Apple are all high end, well designed, well built, customer centric wonder machines then you are living far from reality. Memory chip on your phone gone bad 1 day after warranty expires? Tough, the repair bill will be as much as a new phone. Plastic welded keyboard on your high end Mac Book has broken... ouch. Soldered memory chips all over the place... BIOS written into that same memory... they don't do much that isn't designed to extract significantly more wedge from you as soon as anything goes wrong, which, but much of their design ethos, can be often.

Monopoly might be the wrong term, but the Apple ecosystem is far more closed, ringfenced etc than others. For some this can be a plus. For me, not.

you are correct, I did use the incorrect term, thanks for the update and glad we are on the same page

2 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Nothing to do with loso/hiso. Like I said, it's just a phone. 

Yes, it is just a phone, but you are categorising folk over a phone, brand, and their reason for buying a certain brand.........................????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes, it is just a phone, but you are categorising folk over a phone, brand, and their reason for buying a certain brand.........................????

Not me. You literally wrote that sheeple who don't want to own iPhone are poor.

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

Second fanboy confirming that 30k iPhone 15 comes with USB 2 and 60Hz

Too funny

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT CANT READ SO I PUT IT IN CAPITALS.....JUST FOR YOU, WE CLEARLY SAID PRO MODELS.....GOT IT NOW?

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

8 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT CANT READ SO I PUT IT IN CAPITALS.....JUST FOR YOU, WE CLEARLY SAID PRO MODELS.....GOT IT NOW?

So, you still get a 60hz screen and USB 2.0 on the latest iPhone15 30k phone?

Gotcha..... the third time 

Edited by Celsius

45 minutes ago, Celsius said:

I completely agree.

Honestly an over the hill pensioner with nothing to do but play on words and stir up the brothers here in Asean, get real.....dont judge people by your particular low standards, I want and I can afford there for I will buy, and WE understand that the approx 30,000k iPhone is a 60hz with slow charging where the Pro range is 120hz and is fast charging capable.....for some one who is so uptight about phone specks cannot understand why you run around with an old Chinese tracking device in your pocket....

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Honestly an over the hill pensioner with nothing to do but play on words and stir up the brothers here in Asean, get real.....dont judge people by your particular low standards, I want and I can afford there for I will buy, and WE understand that the approx 30,000k iPhone is a 60hz with slow charging where the Pro range is 120hz and is fast charging capable.....for some one who is so uptight about phone specks cannot understand why you run around with an old Chinese tracking device in your pocket....

I just turned 50