Farang Guy Checklist...

villagefarang

Reading TV one would think that girls are only interested in money. Some guys obviously think it is their looks or tool that attract them. What should the girls checklist be for selecting a farang guy? Girls don't be shy. Give us an idea what you really want and look for. Guys show us how stupid or smart you really are. Let us see how much you really know about women and what they want.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can he be taken by the nose like a kwai

Does he answer to the name "Khun ATM"

Has any man gone to Thailand for any other purpose other than women (or man) - lets say 2% have to be generous. If not for easy abailability of companionship shall we call it most of you would be in Soain or Mexico and not Asia

depends who you are asking

if you are asking a rich-bitch thai chinese from bkk

then they will want a professional guy in his 30's who works at an office in bangkok and they can show off to their friends

if you are asking a 26 year old bar girl from Surin with 2 kids by thai boyfriend then they are going to want 50+ red faced, barrell chested - easily controlled by beer and a steady pension/income/savings

if you ask a 19 hottie from the north who you find in some questionable place then they are going to want some young falang stud with blond hair to f@@k their brains out before they goto work in the bar/massage parlor and work old Asian men/guys from Singapore

Has any man gone to Thailand for any other purpose other than women

Not just you, Neeranam, also my husband. We retired here because we like it here. What a novel concept, eh?

Dont confuse the very natural preference of women to marry a man who is financially secure with gold-digging. It's not to say that gold-digging doesn't exist, but that biology causes women to prefer a man who is able and inclined to look after her and children.

then they will want a professional guy in his 30's who works at an office in bangkok and they can show off to their friends

if you are asking a 26 year old bar girl from Surin with 2 kids by thai boyfriend then they are going to want 50+ red faced, barrell chested - easily controlled by beer and a steady pension/income/savings

if you ask a 19 hottie from the north who you find in some questionable place then they are going to want some young falang stud with blond hair to f@@k their brains out before they goto work in the bar/massage parlor and work old Asian men/guys from Singapore

Ah a man of true experience. Not a one dimensional wannabe. You have obviously been around. I bet you could tell us a lot more.

Has any man gone to Thailand for any other purpose other than women (or man)
Yes, me.

I suspect there are quite a few - thats why I hazard the hypothesis 2%

PS: I am too among the 2% but admit I was converted on later trips and working there!

Has any man gone to Thailand for any other purpose other than women

Not just you, Neeranam, also my husband. We retired here because we like it here. What a novel concept, eh?

Dont confuse the very natural preference of women to marry a man who is financially secure with gold-digging. It's not to say that gold-digging doesn't exist, but that biology causes women to prefer a man who is able and inclined to look after her and children.

It must piss you off, how few posters here understand that very basic fact about women.

Ah a man of true experience. Not a one dimensional wannabe. You have obviously been around. I bet you could tell us a lot more.

Now we can see he knows not of what he speaks. Not been around as much as he would like to think.

Thailand is not the favoured haunt of old Asian men or guys from Singapore ;-))

We had better discount his rants then :o

Now we can see he knows not of what he speaks. Not been around as much as he would like to think.

Are you kidding? Of course Asian guys are the main customer base. You must have very limited knowledge of the nightlife.

Are you kidding? Of course Asian guys are the main customer base. You must have very limited knowledge of the nightlife.

Oh you are an expert on the nightlife then ROFLMAO

I live and work in Asia mate in a proper job- you took 20 years to find a woman - nuff said

Thanks as you have really made me giggle out loud

We had better discount his rants then :D

i actually have been nowhere and know nothing - everything i say i read on thaivisa or overheard on a barstoll - guys from Singapore do not exist as do not old asian men looking for mia nois. :o

now to get back on topic - a woman wants a man with some cash any way you slice it (unless she is young and horny and already has a sponsor and then she will just f@@k you for sport)

Edited by Shah Jahan

We had better discount his rants then :D

i actually have been nowhere and know nothing - everything i say i read on thaivisa or overheard on a barstoll - guys from Singapore do not exist as do not old asian men looking for mia nois. :o

now to get back on topic - a woman wants a man with some cash any way you slice it (unless she is young and horny and already has a sponsor and then she will just f@@k you for sport)

OK - I will see you on the bar stollin Batam then! :D

Edited by Prakanong

Well it looks like this post was a waist of time. I certainly didn't get the kind of dialog I was looking for. Probably my fault for not presenting it in the right way.

You know I think you must be winding us up!

You expect anything less when you talk of checklists etc

Oh well

I think the real question he is trying to ask is what kind of guy does a girl want?

I will answer his question simply so that you can find a good partner (and not a piece of washed up bar trash)

check;list for you; since you like lists

1) shave everyday - have clean and short haircut - wear collared shirts - stand up straight, dont smell bad and dont stand out

2) Have purpose in Thailand - whether it is work, teaching or even spending money - got to have a purpose that gives you foundation here beyond whatever girl you are with

3) learn to speak thai -- by the time most of them learn to speak english - they are usually pretty jaded (always exceptions-but not many)

4) Pick your woman - dont let her pick you-- that means she will be shy and you will have to aggressively pursue--this is good because it lets you hold the power and not be a 'pet falang' to some hooker - Thais always are always baffled when they see - handsome and wealthy falang with 'that which not even a drunk rice farmer from buriram would touch' -

5) understand that asians dont have the same concept of truth and lies as do falang - there is no such thing as a 'truth or lie' to a thai -there is only what is acceptable for the situation - meaning that you cant believe anything that comes out of their mouth, but at the same time, dont take any of it personally - how can you fault a monkey for stealing a banana?

7) be generous always - but make sure that 'you are giving' and not that 'she is taking' the price of gift is gratitude. meaning that if you are supporting her family - then you are the elder and must demand the correct respect - which brings us to our most important point which if you can fully understand then you will do ok.

8)dont wai people younger or a lesser standing than you - especially women and children

Well it looks like this post was a waist of time. I certainly didn't get the kind of dialog I was looking for. Probably my fault for not presenting it in the right way.

Oh well

Sometimes a controversial title will suck them in and then things will develop from there. In this case people seem to have some knee-jerk reaction to the term checklist, so my apologies. I blew it once again.

By the way it took 20 years for someone to catch me and save me from my life of debauchery. Not for me to find a girl. You sound like a real newbie.

Most of the Thai women I know are married to Thai men and have been so for many years.

Most of the single Thai girls I know aren't interested in a farang because they don't need to marry for money and don't want people to assume they are bargirls because they are with a farang man.

The one Thai woman I know well with a farang husband could have had her pick of men but actually fell in love with this guy. Shocking but true. She didn't marry him for his money or his ability to take care of her (she has more than him and is perfectly capable of taking care of herself) but married him because she loved him.

So, I guess, I couldn't really give you the checklist of what some Thai women are looking for when they are looking for a farang man. Sorry.

I edited out my last reply. I really need to avoid these topics populated by losers who think women are a commodity. If they are in Thailand only for the women, it's often because they don't have the social skills, manners, or common sense to keep a relationship back home. They come here where poverty and language barriers give them an upper hand, but sooner or later their other half learns what his ex companions back home learned. When she wises up and dumps him he stops ranting about western women and starts on about gold digging Thai women, probably not even a clue that it may be he that has the problem.

I think this should be on the top of list for Thai girls to ask prospective suitors;

Ask him why his past relationships failed. His way of answering will tell you a lot about himself.

Steady on there pal.

Do you know any of these? Are you talking from personal experience? If not I'd appreciate comments like that kept to one's self. :o

Soundman.

Oh well

Sometimes a controversial title will suck them in and then things will develop from there. In this case people seem to have some knee-jerk reaction to the term checklist, so my apologies. I blew it once again.

By the way it took 20 years for someone to catch me and save me from my life of debauchery. Not for me to find a girl. You sound like a real newbie.

The term checklist is tantalising in the arena of human relationships you must admit but if its there to arouse debate then so be it.

Yes mate I am a newbie. Please teacj me about Thailand and Asia ajarn

I edited out my last reply. I really need to avoid these topics populated by losers who think women are a commodity. If they are in Thailand only for the women, it's often because they don't have the social skills, manners, or common sense to keep a relationship back home. They come here where poverty and language barriers give them an upper hand, but sooner or later their other half learns what his ex companions back home learned. When she wises up and dumps him he stops ranting about western women and starts on about gold digging Thai women, probably not even a clue that it may be he that has the problem.

I think this should be on the top of list for Thai girls to ask prospective suitors;

Ask him why his past relationships failed. His way of answering will tell you a lot about himself.

A very good point - tell them as soon as he says something along the lines of Western women are all XXXXX" run

Its not just westerners though. Om a marketing couese the other week I mentioned that over 25% of Singapore men who married last year married foreigners ie mioslty Chines or Viet village brides.

Well it as a very mixed course with a UK lecturer and he dug deeper with questions. The answers from the Singapore men and women were illuminating and these were all professional manager types.

The men said Singapore women were too demanding and work orientated.

The ladies said the men wanted a stay at home timid wife.

Your question reminds me of what I heard on a televison program when they were interviewing several people that owned professional Matchmaking services. They all agreed that the first two questions that almost all guys asked when told of a potential match were: What does she look like? How old is she ? The first two questions that gals asked were: What does he do for a living? What is his financial status?

I agree with 'Cathyy's' post that it is a biology thing for women as it their natural instinct to look for security for potential procreation. IMHO we as men seem to be more driven to physical attraction by our testosterone. I think most of the other attributes we look for in a mate are the same for both men and women.

My experience of working in Singapore was that it was the three C's that were most important. Car, Condo and Credit Cards.

In truth I think that is just making it simplistic.

If you have a girl from the bar then her attitude is going to be greatly different from a girl working in a good job. Likewise the same with education.

However, anyone that has a nice personality, humerous, well presented and has a decent level of intelligence is always going to have a head start. It also helps if you have got a decent job and you actually have something in common with the girl.

Steady on there pal.

Do you know any of these? Are you talking from personal experience? If not I'd appreciate comments like that kept to one's self. :o

Soundman.

I know lots of different people form lots of different classes -stereotypes are applicable to some but not all - i understand that i could have got the same point across with different language and apologize. perhaps removing the 'b' word and replacing it with 'upper-middle class-career orientated and feudalistic'

I think the saying the common folks use is "Jek lak pai, Thai lak ma, leaw yown hai falang dag. "

:o

If you are going to try and show off your Thai skills, you should at least know the love is, spelled with and properly spoken with, an "R" not an "L".

I think the saying the common folks use is "Jek lak pai, Thai lak ma, leaw yown hai falang dag. "

:D

If you are going to try and show off your Thai skills, you should at least know the love is, spelled with and properly spoken with, an "R" not an "L".

:o

lak as in "drag" (to drag)

:D