Peptides and core strength

1happykamper

I'm 72 years old. I was in great health until last April when I snapped my tibia in 2 and also my fibia. Surgery and a metal plate have mended the bone. 

I sat in a wheelchair for 3 months 

I've used a, walker or cane for 6 weeks... But my back is hurting a lot 

My problem now is I have no core body strength. My physio has recommended I see a doc that suggests peptide therapy. I'm reluctant but curious.. 

Has anyone taken any peptides for a similar reason? Comments? 

Thanks 

I'm just recovering from a similar thing. Had a couple of plates inserted two weeks ago. Back to see surgeon tomorrow to have stitches removed.

So you still aren't walking without a cane or crutch after almost six months? Wow! I didn't think it would be that long. I am 65. I hope it doesn't take that long for me.

Funnily enough I have been thinking about the problem you are talking about, though I don't yet have it.

It could be that uneven weight distribution is putting stresses on one side of your body. Thereby putting it out of alignment.

Also. What I have been doing while I am on my back is stomach crunches to try and maintain some strength. Can't do many other exercises at the moment due to injury.

Sorry, but I don't know anything about peptides.

HTH

• Like 1

You may find this of interest.

Peptides for Healing, Recovery, and Injury Repair | A-Z Guide

Curious about the best peptides for healing, recovery, and injury repair? Inside, our research team details exactly what you must know about these peptides.

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/peptides-for-healing

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

I'm just recovering from a similar thing. Had a couple of plates inserted two weeks ago. Back to see surgeon tomorrow to have stitches removed.

So you still aren't walking without a cane or crutch after almost six months? Wow! I didn't think it would be that long. I am 65. I hope it doesn't take that long for me.

Funnily enough I have been thinking about the problem you are talking about, though I don't yet have it.

It could be that uneven weight distribution is putting stresses on one side of your body. Thereby putting it out of alignment.

Also. What I have been doing while I am on my back is stomach crunches to try and maintain some strength. Can't do many other exercises at the moment due to injury.

Sorry, but I don't know anything about peptides.

HTH

I didn't expect surgery let alone no weight bearing for 5 months! I ignored the doc and went full weight after 4 months... But only 100 steps a day or less 

I used a wheelchair.. Convenient when you live alone.. But a walker would have have saved my core strength 

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

Dietary supplements like peptides have long been recognized as powerful transformative substances.

They transform your money into the money of the guy selling the supplements.

Exactly! Hence my question... Its right up there with hormonal therapy and stem cells! I'm researching a good protein powder now 

7 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

I'm 72 years old. I was in great health until last April when I snapped my tibia in 2 and also my fibia. Surgery and a metal plate have mended the bone. 

I sat in a wheelchair for 3 months 

I've used a, walker or cane for 6 weeks... But my back is hurting a lot 

My problem now is I have no core body strength. My physio has recommended I see a doc that suggests peptide therapy. I'm reluctant but curious.. 

Has anyone taken any peptides for a similar reason? Comments? 

Thanks 

After breaking my hip ( i was 70 )  I could hardly move after the surgery (metal rod ) .

But,  the first week or two was the hardest .   I could manage to get to the bathroom using a walker. Very slowly and tediously .  Then slowly the pain subsided to where i could get around the house. But,  very limited and it was about a month before i ventured out for short and very slow "walks" with the walker .    Did not even attempt using just a cane for about 6 weeks.   

The key for me, i think,  was that I DID NOT PUSH THINGS .   It is tempting,  and some people advocate that,  but i do not recommend it.    Doing exercise often..... for short intervals.... and not strenuous worked for me.   After 3 months when the xrays showed i was 85% healed , or so, then i did longer walks .... without the cane ,  After 5 months i was able to walk fairly well and up to 4 km,  still a slow pace .  And i still felt a bit sore but not PAIN ...... for over a year . 

my advice :  just walk, walk, walk  ( or stationary bike) .   I now have a treadmill as the even pace and level position puts less strain on my body .  My back does hurt sometimes but has on and off for a long time.  Even doctors will say :  everyone is different .  meaning, every body is different.

IMO .....after 70 , even those of us who were "FIT" .. eventually start to listen to what hurts and compensate .  And we should know what works and what doesn't . 

i take supplements ( magnesium and c and d ..etc)  ..... but personally not interested in peptides .

• Love It 2

6 minutes ago, rumak said:

After breaking my hip ( i was 70 )  I could hardly move after the surgery (metal rod ) .

But,  the first week or two was the hardest .   I could manage to get to the bathroom using a walker. Very slowly and tediously .  Then slowly the pain subsided to where i could get around the house. But,  very limited and it was about a month before i ventured out for short and very slow "walks" with the walker .    Did not even attempt using just a cane for about 6 weeks.   

The key for me, i think,  was that I DID NOT PUSH THINGS .   It is tempting,  and some people advocate that,  but i do not recommend it.    Doing exercise often..... for short intervals.... and not strenuous worked for me.   After 3 months when the xrays showed i was 85% healed , or so, then i did longer walks .... without the cane ,  After 5 months i was able to walk fairly well and up to 4 km,  still a slow pace .  And i still felt a bit sore but not PAIN ...... for over a year . 

my advice :  just walk, walk, walk  ( or stationary bike) .   I now have a treadmill as the even pace and level position puts less strain on my body .  My back does hurt sometimes but has on and off for a long time.  Even doctors will say :  everyone is different .  meaning, every body is different.

IMO .....after 70 , even those of us who were "FIT" .. eventually start to listen to what hurts and compensate .  And we should know what works and what doesn't . 

i take supplements ( magnesium and c and d ..etc)  ..... but personally not interested in peptides .

Thanks for sharing your story. 

Yes.. Slow but surely with this. Being a cowboy could take me back to zero... Its happened to people who had plates and screws... 

I just ordered 5lbs of protein powder... Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Gold Standard 5LB - 2.600 baht... 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

Thanks for sharing your story. 

Yes.. Slow but surely with this. Being a cowboy could take me back to zero... Its happened to people who had plates and screws... 

I just ordered 5lbs of protein powder... Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein Gold Standard 5LB - 2.600 baht... 

I just reread yours.... and you are ONLY 6 months post op !    Patience, young man .   If you do not push it i believe you will get back to "normal"  ,  little by little .  It actually took me almost 2 years before i was getting around without ever thinking of my injury .   ( i think being in a wheelchair for 3 months did slow you down a bit .)

Try to stand straight and move slow .   I do eat meat and lots of avocados .... protein is good.  BUT, i also read an opinion that TOO MUCH  protein can not be good ( try to read about that .  I will go back myself to try to find it) .    

Keep going.   Six months is nothing with these major injuries ..... but healthy people get through it. 

edit :  I also eat 2 good sized fresh eggs every morning ....with a bit of beef or homemade bacon .   Plenty of protein  ????

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, rumak said:

think being in a wheelchair for 3 months did slow you down a bit .)

Absolutely it did.... But I had no choice... I was paying 18k a month for a caregiver.. I had the accident in the countryside of Chiang Mai.. Not where I live now. Soooo... In my next life.. I'll be more careful on wet marble steps in bare feet. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

Absolutely it did.... But I had no choice... I was paying 18k a month for a caregiver.. I had the accident in the countryside of Chiang Mai.. Not where I live now. Soooo... In my next life.. I'll be more careful on wet marble steps in bare feet. 

I broke my hip playing basketball .... at 70 !    Next life :  play with people smaller and older than me

• Like 1