Change of extension from family to retirement - special form?

As per title, I plan to change from extension based on Thai family to extension based on retirement, just because it is so much more easy - and I have a pension confirmation ("certificate") from my government for the monthly amount, so no more bank visits and letters, no more Amphoe visits for Kor Ror 2, no more pictures at home, no more witness, no more home visits, no more everything two copies... 

1) Do I need some special form for changing the type of extension, something like the TM86 change of Visa, or do I just show up with the necessary docs and that should be it? Talking about Jomtien in my case.

2) Do I have to apply within the same time frame (30 days before the old extension expires), or can I go at almost any time, as it is like a "new" extension?

Thanks for your know how

54 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Do I have to apply within the same time frame (30 days before the old extension expires), or can I go at almost any time, as it is like a "new" extension

You can go anytime up to 30 days prior to expiry. 45 days at some io.

Note your new 12 month extension will start from day of application and not from expiry of your current extension.

Here is thread and also has links to other threads. 

Your wife will need to be with you for the change application but not for ongoing extensions.

• Thumbs Up 1

What exactly do you mean, when you say?:

and I have a pension confirmation ("certificate") from my government for the monthly amount

Unless that confirmation is issued by your country's embassy in Thailand, it will not be accepted by Immigration.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sophon said:

What exactly do you mean, when you say?:

Unless that confirmation is issued by your country's embassy in Thailand, it will not be accepted by Immigration.

True.

Thinking he has just used incorrect terms.

Guessing he is Swiss and can obtain income letter from his embassy.

OP, you should make few months of transfers prior to application 

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Actually he needs to show evidence of a FULL YEAR of monthly transfers to meet the requirements for such change pf Permission to stay from marriage to retirement.. 

It's a 2-step process:

#1 - He first needs to provide evidence of having met the requirements for his marriage extension;

and

#2 - He then needs to provide evidence of meeting the financial requirements for a retirement extension - i.e. evidence of 12 months of income transfers with foreign origins proven.

3 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

2 - He then needs to provide evidence of meeting the financial requirements for a retirement extension - i.e. evidence of 12 months of income transfers with foreign origins proven.

I'm not so sure about that.

Actually I'm planning to switch from extensions based on retirement using funds in bank to income method.

My next extension (Oct) I will use money in bank and also start monthly transfers 65k +

Then next extension after that I can show 12 monthly transfers.

Being Oz my embassy does provide "income letter".

I suggest the OP consults with his immigration office. 

The new extension of your permission to stay is done using the regular TM7 form. Discuss your plan with the immigration office to ensure what you plan to use is acceptable. If it is a letter from your embassy (or you can easily get a letter from your embassy based on what you have) it should be straightforward.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/15/2023 at 4:30 PM, DrJack54 said:

You can go anytime up to 30 days prior to expiry. 45 days at some io.

Note your new 12 month extension will start from day of application and not from expiry of your current extension.

Here is thread and also has links to other threads. 

Your wife will need to be with you for the change application but not for ongoing extensions.

Thank you. I was not aware that I need to bring my wife, but that is no problem. Nothing in our marriage has changed, we only want to make the annual process more straightforward.

On 9/15/2023 at 5:06 PM, DrJack54 said:

True.

Thinking he has just used incorrect terms.

Guessing he is Swiss and can obtain income letter from his embassy.

@Sophon, @DrJack54: The income letter from the Swiss Embassy in Thailand is actually called a "Certificate" where the Swiss Embassy certifies the monthly pension amount. And then there is a sentence on the document: "This certificate is issued for the Royal Thai Immigration Bureau for the renewal of the permit to stay".

• Like 1