Favorite Western breakfast places?

NorthernRyland

On 9/15/2023 at 7:25 PM, NorthernRyland said:

Can anyone recommend some good Western style breakfast places in Chiang Mai? The only one I go to right now is Ozarks (around Hang Dong) and I didn't even know about that until someone told me! I live in Mae Jo but I'll go anywhere.

If you don't mind .......... . then try:

https://josbakery.wordpress.com/

press and open  "Home" and then "Find Us" in --->

"We are on the Canal Road about 7 km south of the Samoeng intersection, right behind Wat  Thung Rang Raeng on the western side of the canal."

You will not be disappointed.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Sausage King does have a decent breakfast... but how to find it - - it is down a very small unmarked soi off a somewhat larger soi 

There were times I drove past so many times that I gave up... 

Butter is Better is a 50s style NY Diner - owned by a real Ny'er - - easy to find on Chang Klan Road and a big plus in town, they have parking... big menu with lots of variety, not gourmet but great every day food. My favorite Western Breakfast... 

Their carrot cake is insanely good....

5 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They water their H.P sauce down .

Its more similar to Soi Sauce rather than tomato sauce 

Then it is not "real" HP sauce, just the bottle, maybe.

HP has a distinctive taste, even with your water.

I sometimes make it go a bit further with malt vinegar...????

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Then it is not "real" HP sauce, just the bottle, maybe.

HP has a distinctive taste, even with your water.

I sometimes make it go a bit further with malt vinegar...????

It was genuine H.P sauce , just with some other fluid added 

When you turn the bottle to get the H.P sauce out , it usually takes about five seconds to get the thick sauce out 

When I turned the bottle over in that place , half the bottle of sauce came out immediately (because it was so runny)

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

looks like nice bread but do you do breakfast (I assume this your place)?

I don't have a daily breakfast in Jo's bakery, because I live 4 hours away of Chiang Mai. But I eate every morgning, I repeat it every morning, 3-4 slices of Jo's dark rye bread since many, many years. That says it all. We have eaten only one time in his bakery. The main reason, we  don't have our own car to go there every time we stay in Chiang Mai. 

As I wrote before, I order a cartoon with ~20 packages and "save" hem for the consumption in the ice-box of our fridge.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

You must be new here.  There was an entire thread on here a couple of years back discussing how rude and unhelpful the woman working at Mad Dog's during the "breakfast shift" was to the customers.

I was a regular at the Mad Dog for breakfast a few years ago so I have no need to read about what the staff were like .

They used to just take my order and serve my food and that is all that is required . 

There was often some unshaven unshowered drunken leery guys getting a beer in the morning with last nights tart on one arm and a cigrette in the other making the place look untidy , she may have been unfriendly  them 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There was often some unshaven unshowered drunken leery guys getting a beer in the morning with last nights tart on one arm and a cigrette in the other making the place look untidy , she may have been unfriendly  them

That eyesore would ruin my breakfast 

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2023 at 4:02 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

Full English from the Mad Dog Chiang Mai, 200 Baht

No photo description available.

Used to have H.P sauce and Heinz vinegar as well, but stopped that recently .

Best to go to the Mad Dog when the mouthy British guy isn't there , he thinks that the whole pub wants to hear what he has to say 

ha    the grumpy grandpas await to ruin that brekkie!   id also suggest Irish Pub

20 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

How's it going CB?

How long does Ten Hag have left?

Hope you are well mate

All good, leaks are still coming out from the club and he's getting the sack soon, sorry I cant tell you where I got that from but it's reliable

• Like 2