Tragic Pattaya Accident Claims Lives of 3-Year-Old and 12-Year-Old in Motorbike Collision, 3 Other Children Injured

webfact

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How many (Thai) parents will learn from this? How many will decide not to let their 12 year old kids ride a motorcycle?

How many will think about the risks for their babies?

I heard of too many accidents, sometime deadly, from the Thai family and their friends. I don't remember anybody even mentioning that maybe it is not a good idea that children take that risk.

They don't even think that maybe the outcome could have been better with helmets.

It seems it's more like: This is karma, let's buy one more amulet. TiT.

Mai pen rai, we can always breed some more......

• Haha 1

Would I have left my daughter with her 17 year old step sister in the house for a few hours - yes, 100% (she has a well educated brain)

Would I have left my daughter go off on a motorbike with her 17 year old step sister with a bunch of other kids on the road - No, I am not insane (She has a well educated brain, but may drivers here do not and the roads are dire)

On 9/18/2023 at 6:10 AM, ezzra said:

And there's lies the problem that causes untold number of similar death all around the country that not even the police can help it, it is only up to the parents to prevent minors from riding/driving motor vehicles.

Yes, if any of the children who were under age were driving the motorbike, then their parents are to blame for this, and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

2 hours ago, actonion said:

No Road tax , No Insurance,  No Licence, & No money for damages caused, are those that  I have had the misfortune  to come in contact with

Like the 11 Year Old Girl driving on the WRONG Side of the road who hit my Nearside Rear Door that Must have had ANY of those, Luckily Only Minor Damage to my Door about 5,000 Baht ( But GUESS Who had to pay to have it fixed ?? )

Edited by 747man
More Added
  • Love It 2

20 hours ago, Keep Right said:

Another day another motorbike death. Only a fool would ride a motorbike in Thailand.

"Only a fool would ride a motorbike in Thailand." What a load of garbage, there are still plenty of responsible people riding motorbikes.

18 hours ago, 747man said:

Like the 11 Year Old Girl driving on the WRONG Side of the road who hit my Nearside Rear Door that Must have had ANY of those, Luckily Only Minor Damage to my Door about 5,000 Baht ( But GUESS Who had to pay to have it fixed ?? )

Yeah my neighbour did the same, kid was going wrong way on a dual carriageway. Policeman would not issue a report for the insurance unless she handed over some money 'for the hospital'....(minor scratches and scrapes).

• Sad 1

I was rear ended, a Thai man in his pick up   caused 80,000 baht damage  to my  pick up, no insurance, no licence  on him he said, police and  my insurance were called, end of the story was, I was to blame the police said,  because i stopped too quick in an emergency braking situation on Sukhumvit rd .. I too had to pay for  the damage caused

On 9/19/2023 at 11:06 AM, NoshowJones said:

But some parents don't care at all, their attitude is like, we can just go to bed and make another one.

Having kids for Thai's  is   equal to having a pension scheme  in the western world,  someone to take care of us / provide money  ...when we are older 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/18/2023 at 7:23 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

How many (Thai) parents will learn from this? How many will decide not to let their 12 year old kids ride a motorcycle?

How many will think about the risks for their babies?

I heard of too many accidents, sometime deadly, from the Thai family and their friends. I don't remember anybody even mentioning that maybe it is not a good idea that children take that risk.

They don't even think that maybe the outcome could have been better with helmets.

It seems it's more like: This is karma, let's buy one more amulet. TiT.

Yes, it's the culture here.

On 9/18/2023 at 8:01 AM, VinnieK said:

Feckless/stupid parents.

Kids even more so..

What could possibly go wrong..

No, it's the culture.

On 9/18/2023 at 8:22 AM, quake said:

Thailand and some of it's parents taking care.

as always.

RIP little ones.

Your government, schools and parents failed you all.

The culture is more to blame.

On 9/18/2023 at 8:28 AM, owl sees all said:

Went to pick the daughter up from her school on Friday afternoon. The gates opened, and the bikes came roaring out. The first twenty m/cs saw only two riders wearing crash hats.

It has to start at the schools. They, and the casual parents' attitudes, need to change. The first thing to do is stop any bike leaving unless rider and passenger have a hat on. Inconvenience the parents. First step.

As for age! Seen kids as young as 9/10 riding helmetless on the 2022 (Ban Dung to Phen road). .

It's the culture.

On 9/18/2023 at 8:36 AM, Andre0720 said:

Everything, every action in this country reflects its culture.

And the culture will not change.

Police get orders not to intervene with school children, in whichever means they use to get to school.

Parents will still accept the dangerous actions of their children.

And some of these parents will end up crying.

And the culture will carry on....

Correct.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, actonion said:

I was rear ended, a Thai man in his pick up   caused 80,000 baht damage  to my  pick up, no insurance, no licence  on him he said, police and  my insurance were called, end of the story was, I was to blame the police said,  because i stopped too quick in an emergency braking situation on Sukhumvit rd .. I too had to pay for  the damage caused

Why didn't you take this up with the insurance company? These roaming loss adjusters are not direct employees of the insurance company, they are agency staff and most are on-call for different insurance companies. If the guy attending the accident is a lightweight, incompetent or easily intimidated by the cops, call the insurance company (not their hot line either).

PS: Why did you stop so quickly?

On 9/22/2023 at 1:40 PM, NanLaew said:

Why didn't you take this up with the insurance company? These roaming loss adjusters are not direct employees of the insurance company, they are agency staff and most are on-call for different insurance companies. If the guy attending the accident is a lightweight, incompetent or easily intimidated by the cops, call the insurance company (not their hot line either).

PS: Why did you stop so quickly?

Stopped so quickly because  a car had pulled  out from a side road  (Floating market) and  went across Sukhumvit rd. ,making 3  lanes  of Sukhumvit rd.   brake hard...The insurance company that I "used" to use  had their own adjusters, nodding his head in agreement   with the police ..