Dermatologist for suspected genital herpes?

Lorry

14 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

67% of the global population have herpes.

It's more common than you think.

"More than 3.7 billion people under the age of 50 -- about 67 percent of the global population -- are infected with herpes simplex virus"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-thirds-of-the-world-population-has-herpes/#:~:text=More than 3.7 billion people,are highly infectious and incurable.

More likely than not you or your partner have it also. 

I think some clarfication is required here.

There are two types of Herpes Simplex Virus - HSV-1 and HSV-2.

HSV-1 used to be (see below) generally found around only the mouth area (and thus generally called oral herpes) and an estimated two-thirds of the global population carry this virus.

HSV-2 is generally called genital herpes and is usually found around the anal-genital area, with an estimated about 15% of people aged 15+ having this virus.

However, over the last 2 decades or so, an increasing number of cases of HSV-1 have been reported in the genital area amongst people of do not have HSV-2.

A person can have HSV, but no symptoms (eg cold sores) but still transmit the virus, called asystomatic transmission.

The antifungals help. 

God knows whether I ever had herpes.  (Too lazy to do a serology - for what?)

Next skin disease,  I will go straight to the IoD. BTW the waiting time there was shorter than in Bumrungrad. The seating in the waiting area is the most comfortable for me I have ever seen. And they even have power outlets to recharge your mobile! (No power, though,  but the sockets look nice)

There were quite a few foreigners,  too (only Asians)

Edited by Lorry