My father underwent surgery last week : Paetongtarn

snoop1130

On 9/20/2023 at 12:28 AM, herfiehandbag said:

The  Student and People Network for Thailand Reform (SNT) will no doubt complain that they were not able to watch, and will demand that they have access to full details, all the notes, and any bits which were removed!

Nail clippings, he's had a pedicure and Thai massage 

22 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Spot on ,I remember Thaksin's promises of only the best people in my government. Talking about a clean break with the corrupt past. And then he did the exact opposite, hiring the worst instead of the best. Trump did the same in 2016. It's what fascists always do.

In reality, the worst are ALWAYS the military and until Thailand takes control of them and publicly executes every senior officer involved in every coup, they will keep happening.

Then, and only then, can Thailand take full control over the corrupt police, civil service, religious bodies and finally get to the, for want of a better term 'honest' criminals.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Charged, found guilty and sentenced.... and recently upheld. You are creating diversion.....

Of course he was evading justice.... he didn't want to be scrounging passports off backwaters like Montenegro! He was charged with his wife and ran away which was 6 years before Prayut took power. 

But that was 2 coups before Prayuth stole the country lock stock and barrel including the 'justice' system.

I doubt if anyone could get a fair trial if the coup leaders acted against you. I doubt if Thaksin could get a fair and independent trial even today on the trumped up charges brought against him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

My irritation is not particularly with him, it is with the way the justice system is being made a mockery of, and how it is highlighting the 'us and them' state of it! I am sick of hearing how people in power or with money  can get away with anything, murder, corruption etc etc. The new government appears to be going along with that! Make Thaksin an advisor, haven't we got enough criminals in there already, and they certainty don't need advice from another crook?

Thaksin is only taking advantage of what is already there and available to anybody with enough money.

He didn't design the system and the only way to fix it is to have a complete clear out from the top to the bottom.

MFP "might"  have been able to do something, but you know what happened to them. IMO there is no one and no political party big enough or strong enough to achieve that.

There is a very faint possibility that one person at the very top may be able to do something, but the chance of that happening, is far greater than the chance of me winning the lottery.