Heartbroken British mother accuses Thai officials of ‘lies’ in son’s alleged suicide in Thailand

webfact

11 hours ago, bignok said:

Then your mind is limited. Jump off a building. Drug overdose. Nothing special about car parks.

Suicides happen everyday. Nothing unique here.

Judging by what you post on this forum, you've set the low bar for limitations of mind.  

No one goes to a car park to overdose - that's a ridiculous suggestion. I have no idea what building jumping has to do with a carpark - care to explain? If he jumped from a building into a carpark, that would have been reported as such.

When is the last time you heard of someone going to a carpark to suicide? Murders disguised as suicides are certainly not unique. Now please, stop posting while you are shagging.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

No one goes to a car park to overdose - that's a ridiculous suggestion. I have no idea what building jumping has to do with a carpark - care to explain? If he jumped from a building into a carpark, that would have been reported as such.

It was recorded as a suicide by jumping  but not in the British press.  Far be it from them to print the simple truth when they can make sensational meal of it instead!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/darnel-kimbia

Edited by Moonlover
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

It was recorded as a suicide by jumping  but not in the British press.  Far be it from them to print the simple truth when they can make sensational meal of it instead!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/darnel-kimbia

Thanks! I read your post above after I had already replied. Strange that they left out this little fact, that he jumped. Then of course, the common question comes to mind - did he jump or was he pushed?

13 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I can't think of any circumstances where a person would suicide in a carpark unless he was in his own car or a rental. The story is his body was found in a carpark, not in a car. The only likely scenario is his body was dumped there. A very thorough investigation is required, and the mother is doing what any parent would do in this situation.

The RTP don't care - they want this over and done with quickly. The last thing they want is a story about a young tourist being murdered on the streets of Bangkok getting out.

The report here said that that his body was found in a car park, it didn't say how it got there or where he  was, perhaps, before his body landed there, neither was there the remotest suggestion of a street murder that you have now dragged into it without any evidence, whatsoever.   

The woman has her son's body so, presumably, if anything untoward happened, she'll present the results of the UK postmortem, if there is one.    I think that it would be more rational to wait for that than to speculate bizarre assertions of murder.

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

No one goes to a car park to overdose

Nowhere nearly as uncommon as you might think. Junkie drives to meet his dealer to score some dope, obviously he can’t wait until he gets home to shoot up, so he does it right there and then, gets a bit too much, or the dope was a bit purer than usual and there you go. 

Just a possible scenario in response to the statement I’ve quoted. I’m not saying that the guy this article is about was a junkie. 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Right, so if the RTP say he was murdered , you wouldn't believe them and you would claim that it was suicide ?

Nobody gonna get one over on you. With the Thai police it’s a case of mind over matter. They don’t care and we don’t matter. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JensenZ said:

Thanks! I read your post above after I had already replied. Strange that they left out this little fact, that he jumped. Then of course, the common question comes to mind - did he jump or was he pushed?

Not so strange that it wasn't reported in the press. as I explained earlier. And far as your last sentence goes:

'Darnel Kimbia was reportedly found dead in a Bangkok car park on Sukhumvit Soi 50 on Thursday, September 7 with a suicide note lying by his side'.

Folks who get pushed off high buildings don't usually get the chance to write a suicide note do they. A detail that seems to have been conveniently overlooked by many contributors to this thread.

And there's one more fact that folks should consider. Suicide is often cited as the number one cause of death amongst young males between 18 and 24 years. Disturbing isn't it.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, VinnieK said:

Duh

This e-mail (or whatever format) was addressed to a foreigner (mother of the deceased)

Basic courtesy dictates that it should be in English.

The only evidence of the email(s) in the article linked to in the OP is a blurry photo of a phone showing a document from the FMCU, which is the Department of Forensic Medicine at Chulalongkorn University so would appear to be either a coroners report, or a death certificate.  The only bits my weary eyes can make out say the deceased was aged 24, and was found at 09:40 on Sukhumvit Soi 50.  I can't see any date, but in any case, it would be quite easy for a reporter to find out if they really issued this document and who forwarded it to her, and ask the mother to show a clearer image of this, and any other emails she received.

I wonder, if a UK coroner or Dr issued a death certificate on a deceased Thai national in the UK, would basic courtesy dictate that they write it in Thai?

Edit: I looked at this story in the UK press, and the only proof of these emails is the same photo.  Why isn't there a clearer one, given it plays such a large part in her accusations?  I'm also wondering if she saw the date on the death certificate and thinks it's wrong because the year is given as 2566?

image.png.5376f0ce055703a27703b1b2cf6a6b1b.png

image.png.b3f95e8d9c8008c09345dc827fc285ee.png

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Spock said:

Wouldn't you prefer to do any of these in your hotel room as your final act in life? Also if serious about suiciding, you're not going to do it in a place where people might find you and call for medical assistance. 

Actually, a lot of suicide patients and attempters do it in public or where they can be found if they are at the last stage of trying to get help or find a way out.  I personally know of 1 guy who attempted it with pills and booze because he was sp frustrated with is life.  He called the military VA and told them what he was doing and what he had done.  Luckily for him, the police came and investigated.  How do I know this is true the person who did it was me and it was my second attempt.  While on my 72-hour, mandatory hold met a lot of people like me who had reached the point where we felt there was nothing left but pain and, through various methods, had attempted only to be found by loved ones before.

I also know of people who found that things were too hard and that everything was going pear-shaped and killed themselves by hanging and rifle.  The biggest question everyone had was why.  Not why did he do it, but why did we not notice something was off?  The biggest hint that I have seen and heard of is that a person who has been depressed and upset all of a sudden seems to be happier.  That is because they have made the decision usually and are at peace with themselves.

The challenge with most suicides is that you do not know the person is contemplating it or going to carry it out until it is too late.

People that are depressed and or think life sucks need help. No, it is not always a Psychologist but it sometimes can just be a friend spending time and talking. letting them tell the story and not trying to tell them that it is not that bad. That things will get better.  Sorry, it is that bad in their mind and in their mind it will not get better it is only going to get worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

ive told my family if i ever "die" in LOS they will never get a straight answer and have planned if it does occur..........remember where u are......and the rules that apply to non citizens...i will always be a tourist to thais even after being here 15 yrs and having worked with them.....

No, I don't think you are a tourist - I think you are probably an "alien" - that's what foreigners are called in the requirements for Visa applications! :- 

"1.4. Order of the Immigration Bureau No. 110/2546 dated June 11, B.E. 2546 re: Rules and conditions in considering the granting of a permit to an alien for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom of Thailand.  

Edited by sambum

20 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I can't think of any circumstances where a person would suicide in a carpark unless he was in his own car or a rental. The story is his body was found in a carpark, not in a car. The only likely scenario is his body was dumped there.

Really?  Have you never seen reports of people jumping from upper levels of car parks?   That his body was "dumped" there certainly is not "the only likely scenario".

51 minutes ago, sambum said:

No, I don't think you are a tourist - I think you are probably an "alien" - that's what foreigners are called in the requirements for Visa applications! :- 

"1.4. Order of the Immigration Bureau No. 110/2546 dated June 11, B.E. 2546 re: Rules and conditions in considering the granting of a permit to an alien for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom of Thailand.  

Its no fun being an illegal alien....Genesis

41 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Really?  Have you never seen reports of people jumping from upper levels of car parks?   That his body was "dumped" there certainly is not "the only likely scenario".

From the GoFundMe begging page...

"The Thailand embassy and the police have given us information that Darnel Kimbia jumped off a building on the 7th of September 2023"

On 9/22/2023 at 3:28 PM, Ben Zioner said:

Yes, this is what led me to point at the inconsistent, embellished narrative backing yet another of those Gofundme cases.

But I should have added RIP Darnel, I am sure he was a very nice Kid. Someone should have taught him that a good Travel Insurance can be very useful.

How would that have been useful to someone who was considering committing/committed suicide?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:
22 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I can't think of any circumstances where a person would suicide in a carpark unless he was in his own car or a rental. The story is his body was found in a carpark, not in a car. The only likely scenario is his body was dumped there.

Expand  

There's another one, a Swiss jumper on Friday, from the Phuket airport CAR PARK, reported in the Bangkok Post. 

• Sad 1