License Waivers

SlyAnimal

Over the past 13 years I've had 3x teaching licence waivers from Krusapa at 2 different schools.  2011, 2015 & 2020 I think.
The one in 2015 I didn't end up using for a work permit.
My old school also applied for a waiver for me in around 2017 I think, although they needed to click a button within 30 days and didn't, so the waiver wasn't granted (They weren't very organized).
I previously passed 2/4 of the krusapa tests before they abolished them
I also have a Thai Culture Certificate from 2014 I think
I also started doing a diploma in teaching, but stopped due to covid etc (And didn't return to it).

I'm thinking about going back to teaching in 2024, it'd likely be at the same school I had my last waiver from.
If I did do you think I'd be able to get another license waiver?
If I did, I'm thinking about sticking with it for a fair while so that I can apply for citizenship (I easily meet all requirements except for having a WP + earn 40k+ for 3+ years)
Do you think I'd be able to get enough waivers for +5-7 years?  Or if I wouldn't be able to, what would I probably need to do instead?  (I saw there's some new system?)

Edited by SlyAnimal

Age won't really have much to do with it.  I got my Thai Teaching License at the age of 60 and have renewed it since then. 

As for getting another waiver, you really need to convince the KuruSapa that you are working toward a real license.  Since they are no longer accepting PGCEi's or Graduate Diplomas, you probably need to sign up for the KSP's own course, which may or may not be possible.

Hard to say.

TBH I didn't read your drama in detail

Get on the TCT site and see how many waivers have been recorded.

It's possible even with three you can get another. I'd think same school is better rather than worse imo.

This shouldn't be a long term plan because even if you get #4 you won't get a fifth.

As for your age. If you are over 60 it's my belief that the only way public schools will hire you is if they are doing private insurance not SSO. It's also possible they simply won't hire 60+. I assume you're hirable as you've asked.

You don't need convince anyone of anything outside of what is presented in your application. There is no interview or attendant groveling