Deputy PM’s passport plea: Thai tourists seek visa-free voyage to Germany, EU

webfact

13 hours ago, circa02 said:

Yep and a 6euro ATM withdrawl fee when any EU bank detect a Thai card..  And send them to local EU immigration for a whole day with half a tree when they want to extend for a mere 30 days..

Even with a German ATM card withdrawl from another German bank than my card the fee was 5,95€.

13 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

It will be a cultural shock for many Thai tourists to see how Germany really looks nowadays. A broken country. A completely rotten railway system with no train on time, city centers occupied by young men from Africa, daily rape and knife murder, and a police, courts and media which all turn a blind eye on that and often even blame the victims, and a government with the most uneducated politicians in the world.

I know why I left this country and chose to live in exile in Thailand.

It will be a cultural shock for many German tourists to see how Thailand really looks nowadays. A broken country. A completely rotten railway system with no train on time, city centers occupied by young men from Africa, daily rape and knife murder, and a police, courts and media which all turn a blind eye on that and often even blame the victims, and a government with the most uneducated politicians in the world.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

The better idea is to get rid of all visas and borders. Let people live where they want as long as they don’t become a public burden and follow the rules. Stop punishing the innocent. 

There are no innocents. If you don't like it, change it. Yes, that means you. Get up, stand up for your rights - or whatever. Don't run away. 

10 hours ago, Mavideol said:

agree, they should also provide proof of 800 K  baht equivalent in EU country destination currency

I didn't realise 800K baht was required for visa exemption in Thailand.

Going by the comments on this thread, Thailand would be within it's rights to dispense with visa exemption.

• Confused 1

On 9/26/2023 at 9:29 AM, wimpy said:

Would love to know the actual reason for the visa requirement for Thais. There are some sketchy countries on the visa free list.

They have a habit of not going home and working illegally I suspect!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/26/2023 at 4:58 AM, BusyB said:

Lindner is not Germany's Foreign Minister. Annalene Baerbock is the FM. He is a 'Minister of State' in the Foreign Office. One of her underlings, a junior minister.

Maybe he should have asked about engines for submarines while he had the 'minister's' ear. 

• Haha 2