YouTube likes me..and I don't know why!

Furioso

I watch YouTube a lot(via my PC) and I rarely get any commercials. This is great but I don't know why it's happening. I'm logged in via my account but I'm not subscribing to anything YouTube wise. I do get the annoying commercials on my smartphone, which is connected to the same wi-fi router. 

I'm afraid to upgrade my PC as I don't want the commercials to return. What is going on? 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Furioso said:

I watch YouTube a lot(via my PC) and I rarely get any commercials. This is great but I don't know why it's happening. I'm logged in via my account but I'm not subscribing to anything YouTube wise. I do get the annoying commercials on my smartphone, which is connected to the same wi-fi router. 

I'm afraid to upgrade my PC as I don't want the commercials to return. What is going on? 

repeated and repeated and more repeated .... not my fault

Edited by Mavideol

16 minutes ago, Furioso said:

sorry for the triple post..... Asean site froze

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Furioso said:

as soon as I open YT the commercials in Thai language pop up and have one every time  switching channels, duration around 6-10 seconds, annoying and can't get rid of them, would appreciate if you have any idea how to remove them. Only use YT on my android box wired internet

somehow site froze and repeated post

Edited by Mavideol

1 hour ago, Furioso said:

40 minutes ago, Furioso said:

Ahh, it must be my SurfShark VPN extension!

I've also noticed (started last week) that I can now watch YT using Brave browser without getting any adverts. I also checked for a YT subscription but don't have any. I also have Surfshark installed but I don't have the "Cleanweb" feature enabled, so I don't think it's SS. I've noticed my AdBlock browser extension has updated itself a couple of times recently. Perhaps it's AdBlock? Does your browser have the AdBlock extension enabled?

Edited by Mutt Daeng

12 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've also noticed last week that I can now watch YT using Brave browser without getting any adverts. I also checked for a YT subscription but don't have any. I also have Surfshark installed but I don't have the "Cleanweb" feature enabled, so I don't think it's SS. I've noticed my AdBlock browser extension has updated itself a couple of times recently. Perhaps it's AdBlock? Does your browser have the AdBlock extension enabled?

I don't have AdBlock extension. The only extensions I have are 3 separate download helpers and SurfShark. Hold on I'm going to remove my SurfShark extension to see what happens. 

Just now, Furioso said:

Hold on I'm going to remove my SurfShark extension to see what happens. 

Wow, I removed my SurfShark extension and not only did I start getting YouTube ads I got an ad on Aseannow too! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've also noticed (started last week) that I can now watch YT using Brave browser without getting any adverts. 

I just downloaded the Brave browser and you're right, no YouTube ads. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Furioso said:

I just downloaded the Brave browser and you're right, no YouTube ads. Thanks!

OK. Before last week, I was getting adverts when watching YT using Brave, but since then, Brave has also had a few updates recently, so perhaps that's what's happened in my case.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

as soon as I open YT the commercials in Thai language pop up and have one every time  switching channels, duration around 6-10 seconds, annoying and can't get rid of them, would appreciate if you have any idea how to remove them. Only use YT on my android box wired internet

somehow site froze and repeated post

I don't get any ads on YT, on my PC or Smart TV's.........????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tedly said:

I use SurfShark and still have ads. I always get the offer to pay for no ads, but won't do it.

I have the cheapest version of Surfshark. I went to Manage Extensions > Site Settings and set Intrusive Ads to Block. 

17 hours ago, transam said:

I don't get any ads on YT, on my PC or Smart TV's.........????

please share the tip .... as soon as I open YT on android box ads keep popping, don't understand how people use YT on a browser, thought YT has it's own browser, am I that outdated 555

www.youtube.com on your web browser on PC/Mac ???? it also has an Android app (and presumably Apple one) on mobile devices. 

I use it on the Google Chrome browser primarily and have installed the AdBlock extension, available from the Chrome Web Store ("save the frogs" has posted a video above on how to install an extension in Chrome).

Now...no YouTube ads or AseanNow ones, amongst others. Has a little beneficial effect on battery life too since these unwanted background processes aren't running anymore. 

Edited by MarkyM3

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

please share the tip .... as soon as I open YT on android box ads keep popping, don't understand how people use YT on a browser, thought YT has it's own browser, am I that outdated 555

YouTube is related to Google, sign into Google, it signs you into YT. Any extensions I have on Google, is used on my Smart TV's, no ads............????

My PC driver updater also has a USB cleaner, it shows my Smart TV's to be cleaned, though they do not use a USB, strange that, but it is all linked to YT/Google, high-tech, eh....????

Just now, transam said:

YouTube is related to Google, sign into Google, it signs you into YT. Any extensions I have on Google, is used on my Smart TV's, no ads............????

My PC driver updater also has a USB cleaner, it shows my Smart TV's to be cleaned, though they do not use a USB, strange that, but it is all linked to YT/Google, high-tech, eh....????

thanks, will try to see what's on my account, maybe should have started there, thanks again

12 hours ago, jcmj said:

You can always pay 150 baht a month to stop all ads on your account. It’s worth it to me. Can’t stand all of those commercials popping up. 

Yep, subscribe to YouTube Premium. Very cheap and if you watch a lot on YouTube, it's well worth it for the ad-free experience.

• Like 1