Transgenderism 'a mental health disorder'

Social Media

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

And health harming abreactions to vaccines are very rare. Does this justify banning them?

You and I were discussing gender affirming surgical procedures on children, and yes, I think they should be banned, and to be clear, I think the people promoting and performing them are monsters. 

Yes, "health harming abreactions" are an unfortunate side effect of vaccines, but that is not so with "gender affirming" surgical procedures on children. Gender affirming surgical procedures on children are intentional, rare or otherwise. You seem to think they're okay and should be permitted as long as they are "very rare", I do not.

Your position seems to be that gender affirming surgical procedures on children are "health harming abreactions", yet as long as they are "very rare" they should be allowed. So, what percentage of children do you think should be made victims of these intentional health harming abreactions before it becomes a concern? 

Incidentally, I believe you were all for vaccine mandates, do you also think gender affirming care should be mandated for children suffering from gender dysmorphia? 

If I am wrong about you supporting vaccine mandates, I sincerely apologize.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If someone sat next to me on the bus and came out with that nonsense, I’d move seats and get off at the next stop.

If someone sat next to me on a bus, I'd be listening to music on my headphones and wouldn't hear anything they said.

• Love It 1

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This Transgender Inc you speak of, is it listed on the stock exchange?

Or it a figment of you imagination?

Follow the money, man. 

This is an industry. You have to be naive not to see that.

What's the stock exchange got to do with it?

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If someone sat next to me on a bus, I'd be listening to music on my headphones and wouldn't hear anything they said.

If someone sat down next to me on the bus, I would be thinking why the heck am I on the bus? 

37 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

It's votes more than money. 

Even if that's true, it doesn't make it any better.

Lopping off teenagers' breasts for the Liberal vote.

And votes do equal money. Seen how much Biden's net worth has risen in recent years?

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Is the rightwing hate mongering money trail?

Like your buzzwords, don't you?

Typical of so-called "liberal" lefties, who don't really believe in free speech, just trying to silence people with opposing ideas on supposed hatespeech.

You don't think people are making big bucks over this new trans industry?

3 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Typical of so-called "liberal" lefties, who don't really believe in free speech, just trying to silence people with opposing ideas on supposed hatespeech.

There is no ‘transindustry’ there are rightwing g politicians baiting transphobia.

Not that they’d ever do that to make money or garner the votes evangelicals.

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

It would only appear that way to you and other trans-promoters. 

I'm not a trans promoter.

I cannot be a trans promoter as transgenderism cannot be promoted. It is not a life choice. 

People don't wake up one morning and think "I've seen a lot about transgenderism in the media lately. I think I'll become trans gender". That is not what is happening.

Your copying and pasting of my answers is either a failed attempt at humour or confirmation of your lack of any real knowledge of the subject of transgenderrism. 

I have explained how the situation is viewed from the medical and scientific evidence. You have not. 

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There is no ‘transindustry’ there are rightwing g politicians baiting transphobia.

Not that they’d ever do that to make money or garner the votes evangelicals.

By portraying the situation as political, you are both making this whole thread a farce.

Sure, the OP is about politics but, the subject of transgenderism is not and should never become political.

I, myself, being a perfect example. On other threads I have been accused of being right wing because of my views. Here I am sharing information and facts from the medical world and being accused of being a leftie  

My posts on here have nothing to do with politics or personal beliefs and all to do with facts regarding the mental and physical aspects of transgenderism.

• Thumbs Up 1

Learned a new one today, as always trying to stay current as to not offend any alphabet folks out there.   Movie last night, and actor seemed a bit off, as being male or female, so searching, not for gender, just to see if cast in sequel, and bio stated 'activist in community'  ... light goes off, open that, and as suspected, not sure what gender she was supposed to be in the movie, but identifies as a 'nonbinary transmasculine', and actually fits:

image.png.6b6c38da64245f39c18fd76a49fd32c0.png

She was a decent actor, and should see her career progress forward even further, already having 15 credits in 6 yrs.

image.png.297afad7c4c5204e62f2331a4870c209.png

Edited by KhunLA

27 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

By portraying the situation as political, you are both making this whole thread a farce.

Sure, the OP is about politics but, the subject of transgenderism is not and should never become political.

I, myself, being a perfect example. On other threads I have been accused of being right wing because of my views. Here I am sharing information and facts from the medical world and being accused of being a leftie  

My posts on here have nothing to do with politics or personal beliefs and all to do with facts regarding the mental and physical aspects of transgenderism.

I think the point being made is this is/was a complete non-subject until the GOP decided to make it political. 
Medical issues shouldn’t be political but that’s what the GOP and right-leaning politicians are making it to garnish a whole swathe of the electorate with misinformation and their “feelings” about the subject. And the effect can be clearly seen by this thread. 
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this is a subject best left to medical experts, but others on this thread think they know better than actual experts and their opinion mean more than facts. They won’t change so there’s little point in debating. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

The individual whose comments are the subject of the OP is a candidate for the US Presidency making ill informed (almost certainly deliberately ill informed) remarks on transgenderism during political debate between himself and other candidates for the US Presidency.

While I wholeheartedly agree with your comments refuting the ill informed comments on the causes of Transgenderism, the Republican Party and Republican Candidates for the presidency have placed Transgenderism, treatment and rights relating to Transgenderism squarely in the middle of the political debates that surrounds the up coming election.

The issue is absolutely a matter of politics.

I agree it ought not to be, but it undeniably is.

I note too it has crossed into UK politics with PM Sunak making his own unhelpful and ill informed comments.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I think the point being made is this is/was a complete non-subject until the GOP decided to make it political. 
Medical issues shouldn’t be political but that’s what the GOP and right-leaning politicians are making it to garnish a whole swathe of the electorate with misinformation and their “feelings” about the subject. And the effect can be clearly seen by this thread. 
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this is a subject best left to medical experts, but others on this thread think they know better than actual experts and their opinion mean more than facts. They won’t change so there’s little point in debating. 

I agree and it's a shame.

By posting facts and knowledge I have gained through study, research and work experience, I have been branded a " trans promoter". Whatever that is.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Precisely that

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The individual whose comments are the subject of the OP is a candidate for the US Presidency making I’ll informed (almost certainly deliberately ill informed) remarks on transgenderism during political debate between himself and other candidates for the US Presidency.

While I wholeheartedly agree with your comments refuting the ill informed comments on the causes of Transgenderism, the Republican Party and Republican Candidates for the presidency have placed Transgenderism, treatment and rights relating to Transgenderism squarely in the middle of the political debates that surrounds the up coming election.

The issue is absolutely a matter of politics.

I agree it ought not to be, but it undeniably is.

I note too it has crossed into UK politics with PM Sunak making his own unhelpful and ill informed comments.

Candidates, PMs, Presidents....etc.

Doesn't mean the rest of the population have to accuse people or be accused of being " leftie" or "right wing" because of their views on transgenderism. It's not like we are talking about immigration, the economy or taxes.

Edited by youreavinalaff

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

I'm not a trans promoter.

I cannot be a trans promoter as transgenderism cannot be promoted. It is not a life choice. 

Of course you can.  Here's an advertisement promoting their hospital in Thailand as a great place to get trans surgery.  Along with a bunch of testimonials promoting their services.  It's become quite the industry.  Google Trans surgery Thailand.

https://www.kamolhospital.com/testimonials

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

Candidates, PMs, Presidents....etc.

Doesn't mean the rest of the population have to accuse people or be accused of being " leftie" or "right wing" because of their views. 

Perhaps, but I have myself stated that while I disagree with you on many things I have expressed my agreement with you well informed posts in this thread. I think I even thanked you for your comments.

Sadly the US Alt-Right have chosen to make Transgenderism a wedge issue.

It’s a deliberate political gameplay to cause the precise two on team/off team dynamics that you refer to

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Of course you can.  Here's an advertisement promoting their hospital in Thailand as a great place to get trans surgery.  Along with a bunch of testimonials promoting their services.  It's become quite the industry.  Google Trans surgery Thailand.

https://www.kamolhospital.com/testimonials

That is NOT promoting transgenderism.

It's promoting a medical practice that can offer surgery to those who are transgender.

There is a huge difference.

I support a cancer charity. They promote themselves. Doesn't mean I'm going to go out of my way to get cancer just so I can use their services.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

That is NOT promoting transgenderism.

It's promoting a medical practice that can offer surgery to those who are transgender.

There is a huge difference.

I support a cancer charity. They promote themselves. Doesn't mean I'm going to go out of my way to get cancer just so I can use their services.

So, you don't think the zillions of "I love my new life..." YouTubes and Twitters are promoting the switch?

I'm not claiming you are.  But that it's quite possible, and has become quite fashionable, to promote transgenderism.

You may recall the trans lady who recently died in Thailand.  She was a paid spokesperson for one of the Thai based trans clinics.   Strangely, they wiped her presence from their website, leading me to wonder if maybe her life wasn't the bowl of cherries she portrayed when she was promoting their services.  And the wonderful lifestyle.

Edit:  Another word for "paid spokesperson":  Promoter.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Yes, as long as schools/the left (redundant) were allowed to promote transgenderism in secret, it was a complete non-subject. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, impulse said:

So, you don't think the zillions of "I love my new life..." YouTubes and Twitters are promoting the switch?

I'm not claiming you are.  But that it's quite possible, and has become quite fashionable, to promote transgenderism.

You may recall the trans lady who recently died in Thailand.  She was a paid spokesperson for one of the Thai based trans clinics.   Strangely, they wiped her presence from their website, leading me to wonder if maybe her life wasn't the bowl of cherries she portrayed when she was promoting their services.  And the wonderful lifestyle.

Edit:  Another word for "paid spokesperson":  Promoter.

You are trying to perceive transgenderism as a life choice. It isn't. 

Of course there are going to be those that offer services promoting their business. That's how business works.

However, they are targeting those who are transgender. They are not saying " hey, ever thought of becoming transgender. Come along and we'll make you become just that". That's not how it works.

People do not become transgender by choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, as long as schools/the left (redundant) were allowed to promote transgenderism in secret, it was a complete non-subject. 

In your eyes because you are not transgender, I assume.

To those who are transgender, those working in healthcare, psychiatry, psychology, child healthcare and the many others in self help groups, it has been a "subject" for decades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

In your eyes because you are not transgender, I assume.

To those who are transgender, those working in healthcare, psychiatry, psychology, child healthcare and the many others in self help groups, it has been a "subject" for decades.

I was responding to johnnybangkok a few post back who stated: "I think the point being made is this is/was a complete non-subject until the GOP decided to make it political." 

Why don't you tell him/they/them? 

You guys are hilarious. 

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I was responding to johnnybangkok a few post back who stated: "I think the point being made is this is/was a complete non-subject until the GOP decided to make it political." 

Why don't you tell him/they/them? 

You guys are hilarious. 

I was responding to you saying

"Yes, as long as schools/the left (redundant) were allowed to promote transgenderism in secret, it was a complete non-subject."

You do make me laugh 

I've already responded to johnnybangkok.

32 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

You are trying to perceive transgenderism as a life choice. It isn't. 

Of course there are going to be those that offer services promoting their business. That's how business works.

However, they are targeting those who are transgender. They are not saying " hey, ever thought of becoming transgender. Come along and we'll make you become just that". That's not how it works.

People do not become transgender by choice.

Gender dysphoria may be baked in.  (Or maybe not, and that's really the topic of the OP in the thread)  But becoming transgender is definitely a choice.

And by "baked in", I don't mean to make light of the condition.  Just that the science about what causes gender dysphoria is far from settled.

21 minutes ago, impulse said:

Gender dysphoria may be baked in.  (Or maybe not, and that's really the topic of the OP in the thread)  But becoming transgender is definitely a choice.

And by "baked in", I don't mean to make light of the condition.  Just that the science about what causes gender dysphoria is far from settled.

What causes gender dysphoria may not be 'settled' but the condition itself is. Therefore you have a choice of either helping these people or stigmatising and treating them like outcasts. 

The whole thing reminds me of the battle the gay community had to endure for decades. Treated often with contempt and open hostility, they faught hard for their rights to the point where they can now get married and are seen (certainly by the more enlightened amongst us) as just normal people with a different sexual preference. They too didn't have a choice to be gay (I mean who in their right mind would choose being gay and all it's associated problems to being straight?) and I don't see any difference with the trans community.

You come across as one of the more reasoned debaters on this thread but this insistance that transgender is a choice and there are clinics and the likes exploiting confused children just doesn't ring true. There's nothing easy about choosing to be trans; it's a lifetime of being ostricized by family, friends and the general populace. It's hard to form meaningful relationships as well as establish a fruitful career. There's so many obstacles that no-one would willingly choose this path UNLESS they really, really thought they had no other choice for their own happiness and/or sanity.

All they want is to be treated like human beings and much like the gay community, accepted for who they are.

Is that really too much to ask?    

• Thumbs Up 1