Neighbor stealing my water?

Chris Daley

Maybe the blue pipe goes to a well that is unfortuanetly on your neighbor's land LOL..

OK fun aside.

You don't need to be a technician to follow pipes do you? 

A pump has an inlet and an outlet, hence it is easy to follow where the pipe (s) split and where they go to.

As a tech I would put some "nasty stuff" (coloring, this blue fish medicine etc etc) into the pipe, connect it again and wait.

If I hear a swearing on the other side, well then he is connected... 

16 hours ago, transam said:

Our pump must start up a hundred times a day.........????

You may have a small crack in a pipe underground or in the wall somewhere.

Inside the house is not too hard to find, but underground you will need to wait for the ground to dry out a bit.

Just look for a wet patch or where the grass is longer or greener.

At 79 I can still find them but my worn out body can't fix them. Fortunately Mrs Bill knows some men who can fix the leaks, for a price.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Inside the house is not too hard to find, but underground you will need to wait for the ground to dry out a bit.

At 79 I can still find them but my worn out body can't fix them. Fortunately Mrs Bill knows some men who can fix the leaks, for a price.

He said it stopped when they were at home....

I am beginning to think it's a wind-up...

Water is so cheap it just isn't worth the effort stealing it unless you have a fish farm.....????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mstevens said:

The problem might be cracked pipes.

My sister in law had this problem at her near-new house. The pump could be heard outside even when no-one was using any water inside the house.

It turns out there was a problem with the pipes below ground which had a crack and water was leaking all the time, which caused the pump to continuously pump water up in to the water tank. She got a guy out who diagnosed the problem. A few of his crew come out and after a lot of digging, removal of the cracked pipes, laying new pipes and 2 days / 10,000 baht later, it was fixed.

Phew. That is expensive.

Having said that I have 1 underground pipe that to my MIL old house which passes under the concrete floor of my work area and under the concrete car port.

Another pipe ran underground through the orchard. That was fine until the trees and roots grew and fractured that pipe.

Fortunately I cut and capped that pipe as it is not used any more. A simple fix but a hard to find leak.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

He is a dodgy man.  Shirtless and smoking a lot.  And something is terribly wrong with him as he doesn't speak a word of English.

How about a different approach…be amicable and diplomatic, he’s your neighbor and you’re essentially going to have to pretty much live with him. Just be matter of fact and straight forward with him, tell him the water is going into his property and you will have a discussion with the puyai aka village boss. If that doesn’t work then rip out the pipe.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

No, we pee, shower, wash up, etc, etc a lot..........????

• Like 1

Was it bled correctly when installed? could be the tank on the pump needs draining, sometimes water get on top of the diaphragm. but without a photo or make of pump its not possible to give correct answers. YouTube has loads of vids on different pumps.

Just recently mine started running for a few seconds all day, I discovered a small drip from my bathroom sink tap.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Was it bled correctly when installed? could be the tank on the pump needs draining, sometimes water get on top of the diaphragm. but without a photo or make of pump its not possible to give correct answers. YouTube has loads of vids on different pumps.

Just recently mine started running for a few seconds all day, I discovered a small drip from my bathroom sink tap.  

With a drip leak, you can set your watch by it for pump start-up....????

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Sawadee khrup

Sabaidee mai

Chok dee khrup

Buy him a bottle of whisky, your issues will go away.

Ffs learn how to deal with people

Just find their currency

Whisky for most thai males

no ....  buy him a bottle of Lao Khao ....  and a packet of crisps.

Sawadee khup

sabai sabai khup

Chok dee khup

mai pen rai khup

1 hour ago, transam said:

No, we pee, shower, wash up, etc, etc a lot..........????

Our water bill has gone down a lot.

The savings are negligible, as the reason for that is our son has gone to Uni in Chiang Rai, and is eating his share of our income.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had an issue with a neighbour stealing water when I lived in a cr@ppy Thai Soi in Pattaya.

She would lean over the wall and connect her hose to a tap on my side.

She would then hose the road down cleaning all the dog <deleted> up, over a distance of about 5 houses.

She would do this every evening. I think she was 1 can short of a 6 pack.

I let her get on with it.

BTW she has an accessible tap on her side.

45 minutes ago, OnTheLash said:

I had an issue with a neighbour stealing water when I lived in a cr@ppy Thai Soi in Pattaya.

She would lean over the wall and connect her hose to a tap on my side.

She would then hose the road down cleaning all the dog <deleted> up, over a distance of about 5 houses.

She would do this every evening. I think she was 1 can short of a 6 pack.

I let her get on with it.

BTW she has an accessible tap on her side.

id hook the hose up to the top of my toilet tank and kick back with that one beer i took from the 6