Did everything by the book - 11,000 baht fine today

On 9/30/2023 at 10:10 PM, FritsSikkink said:

You are blaming Thailand because the OP didn't bother to look at his stamp which says till what day he can stay?

You have to take more responsibility for your own stuff here such as checking each and every stamp an officer leaves in whatever official papers you may have as, more than once, I had issues. 

During the days of Don Muang being the only airport and the immigration head office was in Soi Suanplu off Sathorn Tai road, I learnt my lesson. Instead of checking my passport immediately on the stamps I did that next day only. Long story short, immigration in Suanplu had a separate, dedicated counter on the ground floor marked "wrong stamp airport" where the official correction was made, without an apology for the inconvenience due to whatever-reason-there-might-have-been. 

At an another occasion I realized, at the counter upon receiving my passport back, a wrong date stamp. The officer took some liquid paper and corrected the wrong entry. Returning on a business trip to my (European) home country, the bells and whistles went off at the immigration there asking, why I had tampered with my passport. Result was, that I had to get a new passport, some (equivalent to) THB 5'000 and a half day wasted later I was on the road again. 

Hope, this clarifies your query on who blames who for what; quite obviously Thailand cannot be blamed for the fact, that the OP did not screen each and every action yet more attention to details by the semi-divine would not do any damage either ????

On 9/28/2023 at 7:35 PM, eisfeld said:

Not necessarily. They have digital work permits for a few years now. I don't have a paper based work permit but I do have a work permit. But yes, work permits are not granted by immigration.

As I understand only people working for a BOI company gets digital work permit. I asked to get one this year when my blue book ran out of pages, but I got that answer and they stamped my new WP with a Red stamp on a page ment for Change of category of work.

Edited by Eaglekott

4 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

As I understand only people working for a BOI company gets digital work permit. I asked to get one this year when my blue book ran out of pages, but I got that answer and they stamped my new WP with a Red stamp on a page ment for Change of category of work.

Am into my 3rd 2yr BOI work permit renewal.

Have paper WP, asked if can change to digital, told cannot.

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2023 at 8:05 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Typical asean now thread. OP makes a statement and then never comes back to answer any questions

This guy is a serial offender. 

On his other thread it's a 10,000 baht fine, complains, then vanishes. 

Probably a foreign school teacher. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/30/2023 at 5:54 PM, Maestro said:

That's right. Immigration offices do not issue work permits. They are issued by the Department of Employment at the Ministry of Labour.

Well... there is the one stop centres though.

I do my work permit and visa at the same place.

7 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Well... there is the one stop centres though.

I do my work permit and visa at the same place.

As I recall, the One Stop can only be used by employees of companies registered with the BOI (Board of Investments).  That requires a lot of hoops and a sizeable outlay in terms of minimum investment.  That's where I did mine, as well.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

As I recall, the One Stop can only be used by employees of companies registered with the BOI (Board of Investments).  That requires a lot of hoops and a sizeable outlay in terms of minimum investment.  That's where I did mine, as well.

Yeah I work for a BOI company ...... zero <deleted> given in terms of minimum invested but I assume there has been a baht or two given we span 180,000 sq.ft in workshop floor space and 400 employees.

25 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah I work for a BOI company ...... zero <deleted> given in terms of minimum invested but I assume there has been a baht or two given we span 180,000 sq.ft in workshop floor space and 400 employees.

Baht or two given? Nonsense. You just have to meet the requirements, with that many employees, it won't be a issue to keep it running as well. The one stop solutions services at immigration are not only for BOI specific companies, it can also be individual professionals and various other things.

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

Baht or two given? Nonsense. You just have to meet the requirements, with that many employees, it won't be a issue to keep it running as well. The one stop solutions services at immigration are not only for BOI specific companies, it can also be individual professionals and various other things.

Yeah and I give zero <deleted> what those requirements are because THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ME.

So run along and annoy someone else.

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

People are surprised that OP's start topics to then not reply anymore. Really? Look at all the negativity, bitterness and stupidity of most replies most famous posters here.

I think the negativity is driven by the fact that the OP posts mostly rubbish and never comes back to back up his nonsense.

Have a look at sone of his classics

‘Neighbour stealing my water’ thread

or

‘Went to do my 90 days.  My girlfriend is a visa expert as it is her job.  Got the ticket and waited for 3 hours.  I joked with her and said they will need more paperwork.  Finally went up to counter and they started saying no.  Two cops at one computer now.  Talking about a ''tm30'' I have no what that is.  They said update it and come back.  They did the lunch break and we ended being there all day’

59 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

That conflicts with what I was told about the BOI operated One Stop, but I've been wrong before.  Referring to their website, I found this:

1. One Stop Service for Visa and Work Permit

Particular services only for foreigners carrying out duties relating to the specific law : Immigration Act , Petroleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act.

Please prepare the form TM.8 (see link) 

https://www.immigration.go.th/download/ and all required documents.

Address:18th Floor, Chamchuri Square Building, Phayathai Road,

Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, For location : http://osos.boi.go.th/EN/contact/

2. Immigration Division 1

For Non-BOI promoted company/General case

Please prepare the form TM.8 (see link)

https://www.immigration.go.th/download/ and all required documents.

Address:Chalermprakiat Government Complex

120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7, LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

For more details of the Immigration Division 1 and map, please access to the link: https://division1.immigration.go.th/content/contact

I'm curious whether anyone who's not in a BOI promoted company has successfully used the One Stop instead of CW for a WP, visa, etc?

https://osos.boi.go.th/EN/faq-main/

Has the OP given the name ot the immigration office where this allegedly happened?

Has the OP posted a copy of the receipt for the fine he allegedly paid?

Not as far as I can see but he should feel free to send me a PM with this information.

:mfr_closed1:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1